Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I don't like CIG ...

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited October 2017
    Orinori said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Orinori said:
    Defenders assemble! at least we sound heroic as opposed to the 'Detractors', an evil sounding bunch for sure.
    defenders of what crime exactly? the crime that doesnt matter and doesnt affect sales?
    crime? what? Defenders of peace, justice and all things good in the world like Star Citizen and Chris Roberts, defenders of innovation and AAA games for indie developers, defenders of true visionaries and those who have made huge positive marks on the industry and shown the way for all to follow, defenders of decent management practices against all those who throw stones in glass houses. You know...the good guys. 

edit: oh, and pioneers.........no matter how much they cost!
    dude...think this thru

if it doesnt affect sales at all whatsoever, what the fuck is the point of this masterbatorial debate?

I hate to tell you this but being a fan of something is the point of life you should be envious, they are a fan of something, you are not a fan of something

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    SEANMCAD said:
    Orinori said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Orinori said:
    Defenders assemble! at least we sound heroic as opposed to the 'Detractors', an evil sounding bunch for sure.
    defenders of what crime exactly? the crime that doesnt matter and doesnt affect sales?
    crime? what? Defenders of peace, justice and all things good in the world like Star Citizen and Chris Roberts, defenders of innovation and AAA games for indie developers, defenders of true visionaries and those who have made huge positive marks on the industry and shown the way for all to follow, defenders of decent management practices against all those who throw stones in glass houses. You know...the good guys. 

dude...think this thru

if it doesnt affect sales at all whatsoever, what the fuck is the point of this masterbatorial debate?

I hate to tell you this but being a fan of something is the point of life you should be envious, they are a fan of something, you are not a fan of something
    but I am a fan of Star Citizen xD
    edited October 2017
    Orinori said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Orinori said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Orinori said:

dude...think this thru

lol....weak sauce. anyway like I said, you should be jealous your missing the point of life

incidentally...why are you calling them the 'good guys'?
    does that mean your 'the bad guy'?

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Lol this thread just turned to comedy gold
    Kefo said:
    Lol this thread just turned to comedy gold

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ──☆*:・゚begone!

SEANMCAD said:
    Orinori said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Orinori said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Orinori said:

dude...think this thru

lol....weak sauce. anyway like I said, you should be jealous your missing the point of life

See, would a detractor make kefo vanish huh? you believe me now right?
    Orinori said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Orinori said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Orinori said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Orinori said:

dude...think this thru

See, would a detractor make kefo vanish huh? you believe me now right?
    Why are you calling 'them' the 'good guys'?

edited October 2017
    SEANMCAD said:

because the defenders are good, the defenders are great?

edited October 2017
    Orinori said:

because the defenders are good, the defenders are great?

so your against good? does that make you bad? so I should vote for bad?

and what exactly is being 'defended'?

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Kefo said:
    Herase said:
    Kefo said:
    The part that you spammed would be fine if CR actually said that but he didn't, FaceWare did. So FaceWare is smarter then CR because they aren't stupid enough to say this is the first time any game blah blah blah.

Are you serious? In that spammed quote, FaceWare literately says SC is the very first game to use this tech.

I don't know what to say.....

Production quality. FaceWare is saying their tech is higher quality then any other tech out there which is probably true as I don't follow the tech nor am I really that interested in it. 

CR is saying "This is the first time any game has used this kind of technology to detect and stream the facial movements of players in real-time, and I believe it’s a revolutionary step in gaming,” which has been proven wrong since SOE beat them to it 5 years ago.
    And how many games except EQ use this tech ? A dozen more ? A couple ? None ?

Couldn't be the case of CR being oblivious about EQ's facial tech ? It's not like we are talking about WoW. We are talking about a game with less than 2K concurrent players per night in NA. Why should CR know anything about it and its features ?

As always you people blew things out of proportion resorting to hyperbole just to create an issue out of thin air.
    IselinGdemami
    SEANMCAD said:

peace, justice and all things good in the world like Star Citizen and Chris Roberts, defenders of innovation and AAA games for indie developers, defenders of true visionaries and those who have made huge positive marks on the industry and shown the way for all to follow, defenders of decent management practices against all those who throw stones in glass houses. You know...the good guys. 

I thought we had been through this.
    edited October 2017
    Orinori said:
    SEANMCAD said:

peace, justice and all things good in the world like Star Citizen and Chris Roberts, defenders of innovation and AAA games for indie developers, defenders of true visionaries and those who have made huge positive marks on the industry and shown the way for all to follow, defenders of decent management practices against all those who throw stones in glass houses. You know...the good guys. 

I thought we had been through this.
    and you are saying your against that but you consider what they are for is 'good'. so what is the counter to what is being defended exactly and how is it also good or is it not?

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Shodanas said:

Couldn't be the case of CR being oblivious about EQ's facial tech ? It's not like we are talking about WoW. We are talking about a game with less than 2K concurrent players per night in NA. Why should CR know anything about it and its features ?

Because before boasting that you're the first or the only one you should fact check just so you don't sound like a clueless buffoon? That's my final answer.
    NildenKefo
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

edited October 2017
    Iselin said:
    Shodanas said:

Because before boasting that you're the first or the only one you should fact check just so you don't sound like a clueless buffoon? That's my final answer.
    Apple doesnt do that. why the special rules?

AND

why does it matter?
    ShodanasIselinGdemami

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    SEANMCAD said:

Yep.

If you DO NOT do it .. and be good at it ... people make you into one of the highest ranking corporations in the world, no matter if you were first or not in technological matters.

I guess that is a role model that a lot of other corporations try to emulate these days.

Have fun
    SEANMCAD said:
    Iselin said:
    Shodanas said:

AND

why does it matter?
    If you're OK sounding like a clueless buffoon then you're correct, Sean. It wouldn't matter to you.
    Nilden
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Iselin said:
    Shodanas said:

AND

why does it matter?
    If you're OK sounding like a clueless buffoon then you're correct, Sean. It wouldn't matter to you.
    but I am not making an assertion, I am countering that assertion with the question of ';why does it matter'

is that buffoonery?

and why the special rules?

Erillion said:
    SEANMCAD said:

Yep.

If you DO NOT do it .. and be good at it ... people make you into one of the highest ranking corporations in the world, no matter if you were first or not in technological matters.

I guess that is a role model that a lot of other corporations try to emulate these days.

Have fun
    I guess I dont understand why doing something Apple would do is considered to be a problem. Or maybe its not being stated that way, maybe I am reading it wrong.

why does it matter?

SEANMCAD said:
    Iselin said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Iselin said:
    Shodanas said:

AND

why does it matter?
    but I am not making an assertion, I am countering that assertion with the question of ';why does it matter'

is that buffoonery?

and why the special rules?

Because you'd never be elected president of the US if... oh, my bad. Never mind.
    Nilden

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

SEANMCAD said:
    and you are saying your against that but you consider what they are for is 'good'. so what is the counter to what is being defended exactly and how is it also good or is it not?

sorry where did i say i was against that?
    Orinori said:
    SEANMCAD said:

you didnt..which is why I am asking.

1.If 'they' are the 'good guys' as you have stated the (QUESTION HERE) then does that make you the bad guy? yes or no, explain.
    2. or are you part of 'they'? if so why you are calling 'them' when its your tribe as well?

please answer and dont evade

SEANMCAD said:
    Orinori said:
    SEANMCAD said:

1.If 'they' are the 'good guys' as you have stated the (QUESTION HERE) then does that make you the bad guy? yes or no, explain.
    2. or are you part of 'they'? if so why you are calling 'them' when its your tribe as well?

where did i say they? 
    Orinori said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Orinori said:
    SEANMCAD said:

where did i say they? 
    then stop interjecting please. I was in a conversation with someone else on this topic but I will double check

Orinori said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Orinori said:

the good guys are who in this story?

edited October 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    Orinori said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Orinori said:

the good guys are who in this story?
    the defenders, it says it at the start look >.> "Defenders"