Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars rumours?anyone else hearing them?

Vind1catorVind1cator Member Posts: 4
Ok so the kind of stuff i have been hearing is:

Bill Gates has seen potential in the game and is considering buying the rights?

People have bought private servers and are playing pre cu with friends?

The scum reffered to as SOE are considering Pre Cu as they failed so miserably with the NGE?

This is mostly said to me by some kid in my class who talks shite.

But it has got buzzing so i just thought i would see if there was some SOE spy in the forums or somthing.

Cheers, :D
theo

Comments

• Vind1catorVind1cator Member Posts: 4
    Shit i just found the swg rumour room. Still if you have anything to say i would be very gratefull

• Vind1catorVind1cator Member Posts: 4
    Well no one has replyed to me. How rude.....
    I think i will live to see SWG again only thought is when?
    I used to play SWG and played EVE for a while and i have had exams and not played any MMORPG's somce. Would anyone like to advise an MMORPG?

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216
    try the SWG forums here

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• WickershamWickersham Member UncommonPosts: 2,379

I am a follower of the LA/SOE SWG soap opera and:

There is nothing at all to these rumors.  Both companies have come out to say that SWG will remain as it is and that they are not finished fixing it but hope that people  will continue to pay to play because big changes and great things are coming to the game very soon...

Sorry to say but, there is nothing out there at the moment or coming out anytime soon that i know of that is anything like the old SWG.

"The liberties and resulting economic prosperity that YOU take for granted were granted by those "dead guys"

• Bane82Bane82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,242

LOL! Microsoft buying the rights of a craptacular game? not likely!

• LeoCristopheLeoCristophe Member UncommonPosts: 3

To the Moderator who deleted my post;

"Warning Category: Free Servers

Reason: Discussing or advertising unofficial servers or emulators for MMOs is not permitted on the MMORPG.com forums. These servers are against the ToS of the original game, and violate the intellectual propriety rights of the game's publisher and developer."

Lucasarts and SOE are aware of the development of the emulation server and have in fact had (at least one) meeting with the development team. Following the meeting there were no legal threats and development has continued. How does this violate the intellectual propriety rights ? (This is based on new's articles and at least one of those was posted here at mmorpg.com)

"Don't be pompous! And DON'T forget that they are PEOPLE, just like you and me."