Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STEAM SALE INC! whats on your radar?

JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
Halloween sale in 2 or 3 hours, what games are on your radar and whats the price you are looking for ?
  • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited October 2017
    Its gonna be hard for me to pass up that new AC game but obviously it wont be on sale. Some other games iv had my eye on forever are -Wastleland 2 -Escapists 2- Rim world & Gold Rush(New sim game from playway)
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Hmmm, I'm gonna have to check it out and see what's available. Right now I have a small backlog of Steam games that I haven't gotten around to. I just started playing Kingdoms of Amalur. I still haven't touched Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands 1 and 2, Shadow of Mordor, Van Helsing, and Endless Legend. 
    JeffSpicoliMrMelGibsonOctagon7711
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    im in the mood for a sci fi rpg, hopefully something well priced shows up that strikes my fancy
    JeffSpicoli

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Its just horror games in the sale. I might pick up Castlevania 2 or Vermintide for 8 sheckels.
    [Deleted User]
    Asheram said:
    Its just horror games in the sale. I might pick up Castlevania 2 or Vermintide for 8 sheckels.
    There's a ton of stuff on sale. You have to scroll to the bottom of the sale page and click the "See All Specials" button, which takes you to http://store.steampowered.com/search/?specials=1
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Forgrimm said:
    Asheram said:
    There's a ton of stuff on sale. You have to scroll to the bottom of the sale page and click the "See All Specials" button, which takes you to http://store.steampowered.com/search/?specials=1
    Ok, he said the halloween sale and thats what I clicked on the halloween sale banner. Are those games you are refering to on sale regardless of the HS, like weekend sale etc.?
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Asheram said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Asheram said:
    Ok, he said the halloween sale and thats what I clicked on the halloween sale banner. Are those games you are refering to on sale regardless of the HS, like weekend sale etc.?
    Some are.

Cities: Skylines is 75% off and part of the Halloween Sale.

Asheram said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Asheram said:
    It's on the Halloween sale page, at the very bottom http://store.steampowered.com/sale/halloween/ Roughly 498 pages of items that are part of the Halloween sale.
    Gorwe
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Nothing during this sale. I still haven't had time to play dos2 and before that game is over its time for cyber monday sale.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I'm looking at a couple of strategy games and the RPG, Lords of Waterdeep.  But anything I pick up will have to be at absolute basement prices (under $10).  I haven't seen an MMORPG that I want to buy through Stream.

I'm getting some acupuncture hoping to counter my bouts of vertigo, and well, insurance simply doesn't recognize acupuncture.  I doubt they can spell it, even.  So, all that is coming out of pocket.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Forgrimm said:
    Hmmm, I'm gonna have to check it out and see what's available. Right now I have a small backlog of Steam games that I haven't gotten around to. I just started playing Kingdoms of Amalur. I still haven't touched Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands 1 and 2, Shadow of Mordor, Van Helsing, and Endless Legend. 
    I've been going through my backlog lately and am playing Borderlands 1,2 atm. Been thinking of picking up Kingdoms of Amalur.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Vynt said:
    Forgrimm said:
    I've been going through my backlog lately and am playing Borderlands 1,2 atm. Been thinking of picking up Kingdoms of Amalur.
    I enjoyed Amalur a lot way back when I played it.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    edited October 2017
    The total of all the items on my wish list that were on sale is $96. After a bit of moderation, I cut it in half by throwing out the Early Access games. I don't have the time to play all of them unfortunately.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    This is when you should make good use of the wishlist. If you have a game you like just add it to the list and then you can see when it goes on sale. Don't think I have the stamina to browse through all those pages.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Steam has been annoying as hell and seems a very unorganized program/app.
    Every single time i go to start it up....UPDATE,,then some stupid question asking if it is me...grrr.

There is no UPDATE,they are simply adding new adverts all the time and they waste my time restarting only to see a new ADVERT.Maybe some nerd who went to marketing school for 5 years figures by shoving some advert in my face every time i load up and go to store is a good sales pitch,well it's not,i auto close that window with even less intention of buying it.

SALES...so enticing me to buy stuff i don't really want,sales are not sales to me,they are spending money foolishly.I go to look for specific games,yes i have a few times sifted through a large list of games but by now i realize 90% of their portfolio is total trashware.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Start you steam program not at the store by default mine is library which makes it much better with no store issues.
    JeffSpicoli

Vynt said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Amalur is a lot of fun. I have almost 20 hours in and I'm at the early stage of the campaign. The combat reminds me of Fable. The quests seem more mmo-like though. There's a lot of side quests all over that make the game feel much less linear than a lot of other single-player rpg's.
    MrMelGibson
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Forgrimm said:
    Vynt said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Amalur is a lot of fun. I have almost 20 hours in and I'm at the early stage of the campaign. The combat reminds me of Fable. The quests seem more mmo-like though. There's a lot of side quests all over that make the game feel much less linear than a lot of other single-player rpg's.
    It's been a while since I played it, but it honestly felt like a  literal singleplayer MMORPG when I played it (in both good and bad ways).

Wasn't a huge fan of the quests, but the combat was pretty fun imo.
    MrMelGibson

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Grim Dawn
    JeffSpicoli

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Forgrimm said:
    Vynt said:
    Forgrimm said:
    It is too bad that game never became the game it was meant to be.From trusting his finance guy to trusting the industry people,he was probably better off making all the decisions himself.
    I had decent hopes for the game as a mmo,the combat was kind of cool ,really a shame that a person true  to gaming at heart lost it all to bad business.
    Forgrimm

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    Forgrimm said:
    Vynt said:
    Forgrimm said:

The biggest problem I had with Amalur is that it highly discouraged exploring.  Every time you entered a zone, it set the monsters and treasures to that level, whereas if you investigated that area later, you would have had much better stuff.

If you do a bunch of exploring you can easily find you have messed up some of the potentially best areas on the map.
  • MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    edited October 2017
    kitarad said:
    This is when you should make good use of the wishlist. If you have a game you like just add it to the list and then you can see when it goes on sale. Don't think I have the stamina to browse through all those pages.

Well my wish list is up to 235 games now lol. There is no way i will ever have the time to play them all let alone all the new games coming out i want to play as well.