Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eternal Scorpions (from Roll Call)

CthulhuvongCthulhuvong Member UncommonPosts: 433
Originally posted by wisardo

Do you believe you are right? You only used the arguments
that fit for your theory. Why did countries unite at World Wars against
agressors? If you look at the whole history, you'll find the right
thing. Btw you just did nothing but proved my point. When the mongolian
or germany or whoever wanted to rule the world they failed. The human
nature is calling for CHOICE. If you have no choice, you have nothing
to lose, and you fight.
And there is already no US dominance. While in US you're thinking
how not to make a financial failure, in the East countries are
preparing. Chinese own production. In India and China you'll find about
2 billion of people. That's one third of the total human population. I
know it is hard to realize for those who now live in the USA and are
interested only in money. Sorry if you are not of such kind.
Also i apologize for all those who might be offended.
PS. However, I'll be glad to see how your organization works and also will be pleased to fight against it

WW1 was about taking land and crappy treaties that caused a horrible war, the US only joined because they had more business with the Allied nations, and because the germans attacked their citizens with their sub warfare. WW2 the US and USSR joined the Allies because the Axis provoked them.

The US military runs a 2.5 ocean Navy, patroling the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian Oceans. It has bases in over 100 countries, along with secret prisons everywhere and a budget larger than the next 10 nations combined. Without the US economy China's production would be for nothing, as there is no consumer base with as large an amount of expendable cash. India's growing economies would crumble without the US companies funding them. The US economy has its hands everywhere except Cuba and North Korea. The US government is everywhere its economy is, and was the driving force of globalization. No nations with McDonalds have ever gone to war with each other. If the US is not an Empire, then it is definately a hegemon.

(Now for the Eternal Scorpions)

The Mongol empire fell from internal strife, not external threats. The Axis fell because of its tactical and strategic failures (yes, lets attack the US and provoke them into war). The difference between them and the Scorpions is that we will give you a choice. You can live under us as your own, even being able to control your destiny with a republic-style council running the government.

We do not slash and burn like all the buzzards, picking at the bones of civilization and the lives are hard-working folk. We help develop this land, make it better. We defend those that need it, we fight those that are wicked and would harm such people. We work towards a better world, with all who want to help.

Waiting For: something good
Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]

Comments

• DarkchronicDarkchronic Member Posts: 1,088

A better world? *Spits*. I'll be happily throwing sharp things at you and your brethren after the Fall. ::::01::

---------------------------------------
    No Userbar here, sorry to disappoint.

• CthulhuvongCthulhuvong Member UncommonPosts: 433
    Darkchronic, there are places in our creche for those that show their
    pride through violence, and quick advancement is given to those that
    follow our order and are a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.

And datjoyday, whats with the strange face? Have I upset you?

Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth

The Eternal Scorpions
    We're Here! Why not join us?

There's a wonderful future ahead - and it could be yours with the Eternal Scorpions!

But what is it, you want to know?

How big is the ES?
    Founded ten years ago, the ES is now comprised of many towns and outposts. Approximately 7,000 citizens are pleased to call the ES home.

What does ES stand for?
    The Eternal Scorpions are dedicated to bringing peace, security and justice to the people of the great waste. The Scorpions' fine police forces, known as the Azure Scorpions, constantly patrol and arrest any raiders, cannibals, slavers, and lawless people within their territory, and the Scorpions' army, known as the Crimson Scorpions, valiantly protect the borders against outside marauders. To ensure justice and liberty, all citizens have access to the Scorpions' courts and the right to vote for a representative of their choice to sit in the Scorpion Council. In the words of Governor-General Foxtrot "A safe people is a strong people."

Who's in charge here?
    The ES may be a bit different from what you're used to. There are no chieftains, town bosses, kings, or dictators here. Our leaders are elected by the people! That's right -- every person has the right to elect representatives to the Scorpion Council. These representatives select the laws which guide our society and . For ten years now, Governor-General Foxtrot has been the chosen leader of the Scorpions, who respect his wisdom and foresight and his ability to create this great, secure society out of the anarchy of the wastes.

Sounds great! How do I join the ES?
    All law-abiding and peaceful people, human or mutant, are eligible to become citizens of the Eternal Scorpions. To become a citizen all you have to do is move to the Sorpions' territories and present your claim for immigration. After citizenship training and processing your application, you will be notified of your ability to join. From there, it's only a short step to full citizenship!

Of course, the Eternal Scorpions is not for everybody - slavers, unreformed mutants, known raiders, and other undesirables need not apply!

But what if my entire town wants to join?
    Depending on where your town is located, the Scorpions do accept petitions by villages, towns, bases, city-states, even minor kingdoms for annexation by the Eternal Scorpions. Once the petition is accepted, the Scorpion Council will grant your town territorial status. Once the needed police and army presence is established and any banditry or other lawlessness has been dealt with, your village can apply for full membership in the Eternal Scorpions. It's that simple!

So remember - We're here. Why not join us?

Prepared by the Eternal Scorpions Relations Advisory Panel

ESAP Pub. #A7-7893b

• maxantomaxanto Member Posts: 778

Just to add a little flavor to this discussion I have decieded to also make a "guild, corp, clan" Called the The Desert Shrew Gang. As we all know the #1 predator of scorps is the desert shrew as they are immune to the poisen from scorps...

So Scorps look out cause here comes the Shrews!

MMmmm....shrew is tasty, especially after a nice roasting with a flamethrower

I was just trying to liven up the board with some of my propoganda. If you really do have something to post like a guild advert or whatever, I'd be fine if people used this thread. The only other guilds I remember are Ursa Arctos or something like that, and Anatole. There was another one around here that was going to move from Galaxies, but I don't remember what happened to them.

• adriradrir Member Posts: 101
    Wasn't that the Durnanhoth Clan?

Good luck to all your clans respecively - even though without an indication of when beta testing is going to begin, it's a bit early for me to pledge alliegiance to anyone yet

• GrimCreepGrimCreep Member Posts: 121

Clanless wanderer here. Ive yet to join a clan that did anything worth while so I just gave up on it in favor of the solitaire path.

Lead with your face and role with the punches.

Originally posted by GrimCreep

the solitaire path.

You're going to spend your time after the Fall playing solitaire?

You'll be easy to kill....

• wisardowisardo Member UncommonPosts: 5

Cthulhuvong, you see - the Scorpions are getting some opposition :)

Well, I would't be so warlike to threaten, I just don't want the Scorpions to control the whole wasteland. You might agree that it will be boring when there's only one ruler. But still, when you do not proclaim yourself an Ultimate Government, I will be looking forward not to messing with you. Same as with anyone else.

As for Uzor, from whose name I'm posting this, the primary goal is to save our territory. So we will also attack the opposite to ES forces should they "cross the line". In other cases, we will support the Shrews or whoever prevents the ES from controlling the wastes.

Wouldn't be so warlike as to threaten? I'll threaten/main/kill/badly injure/force to listen to Depeche Mode whoever I want. The world will only be cleansed when all others are dead! That means you!

• wisardowisardo Member UncommonPosts: 5

Darkchronic, I wrote that post mainly for Cthulhuvong and maxanto, not concerning you. But OK, if you are so 'cool', you will be far more cool after Uzor hunts you down. You've just signed your death penalty verdict.

Congratulations for becoming the first Uzor's enemy.

Originally posted by adrir
    Wasn't that the Durnanhoth Clan?

Good luck to all your clans respecively - even though without an indication of when beta testing is going to begin, it's a bit early for me to pledge alliegiance to anyone yet

Yea, thanks adrir, thats who I was thinking of. Our clan already has 8 members over at Fallenearth.se, the second most over there. And I haven't heard much of Durnanhoth, so I kinda feel they may be out of FE now, making the Fallen Scorpions the 2nd largest FE guild.

Our goal is to have a large group right off the bat into beta, and then use them to recruit more members. Right now if every member recruited just 4 people in beta, we'd have 40 members! We would use this to constantly expand our membership while offering things like our own quests and missions, guild armories and communal supply depots, and a set of rigid hierarchies which allow you to know exactly where you are in society, while still giving you the flexibility to do whatever you want and multitask, not getting yourself stuck into "you fight" or "you build." We are also setting up a religion for the guild, which along with the hierarchies and missions will allow for heavy roleplaying for all who want it.

Originally posted by wisardo

Cthulhuvong, you see - the Scorpions are getting some opposition :)
    Well, I would't be so warlike to threaten, I just don't want the Scorpions to control the whole wasteland. You might agree that it will be boring when there's only one ruler. But still, when you do not proclaim yourself an Ultimate Government, I will be looking forward not to messing with you. Same as with anyone else.
    As for Uzor, from whose name I'm posting this, the primary goal is to save our territory. So we will also attack the opposite to ES forces should they "cross the line". In other cases, we will support the Shrews or whoever prevents the ES from controlling the wastes.

Well if you'd read the propaganda piece (stolen from Fallout 2 and modified) you'd see we would allow you autonomy within your region and even allow you to elect members to the scorpion council, even if much of the legislation they pass will have nothing to do with you or your clan or its territory.

Your region would have 2 choices when joining us:
    1. Be a Semi-Autonomous Territory - we offer you protection, open trade, and healing while letting you deal with all internal and most external matters. The only matter we'd want you to discuss with us is attacking other regions, otherwise your affairs are in your hands. All regions start as this.
    2. Be Fully Integrated - your region officially joins the ES and is allowed voting rights once a census of all your members is taken (should be quick). You are allowed to run your towns/region as you see fit, but must allow all Aspects of the ES into your territory, and your court system must be overseen by the Azure Scorpions (atleast as judges). We would open up guild supply depots and armories within your region to allow for all members to equally take advantage of our wealth, and at most we would only take a small portion of your resources (at most a few percent of all food, water, and bullets) for redistribution to less well off regions.

Either way, you people can keep your customs and your government, even keep your autonomy while still being members of the Eternal Scorpion family. And lets say there is only 1 ruler, its never boring if you know politics and history. We'll still have creatures and bandits to deal with in our territories, small groups attacking us from the outside, and politics galor on the inside as regions squable amongst themselves. We aren't saying that we'll be the best government, we're saying that we'll be the most stable and protective government around. We do not wish Uzor or the Shrews to be our enemies, and would rather have them as friends, as we would like all other organizations in the wastes. Unfortunately, the wastes are harsh, and the people there harsher.

• maxantomaxanto Member Posts: 778

Originally posted by Cthulhuvong
    ...If you really do have something to post like a guild advert or whatever, I'd be fine if people used this thread.

Well I am glad that I have your approval. The funny thing is I didn't know that I needed it. Or do we all get to mod our own thrreads that we start? Hmmm no I guess not. Maybe I didnt need your approval after all?  

In all seriousness I like your silly propoganda. I just thought I would give other players an alt to your over controlling and militiant org. Just remember this is a PUBLIC forum. It doesnt belong to the scorps just cause you started the thread =p

lol I know I don't have any powers or anything, I was just trying to say that even though the thread has my guild's name on it, that shouldn't stop others from posting their own propaganda if they would like to. And its cool to have another guild in opposition.Our Yin will always need a Yang