Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warships questions

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
I'm currently taking a break from EVE Online as it's 30 fucking days till I can fly my new ship.  I was considering giving this game a try.  Are many people playing?  Is it twitchy or more slow and methodical?  Is most combat one-on-one or multiplayer?  Thanks!

Comments

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Plenty of ppl play.  Never a problem finding a match 95% of the time.  There can be some slow times, but not often.  Definitely not twitchy.  The mechanics of ship combat really doesn't end itself to ultra fast combat.  Combat is multiplayer.  Basically, you hit search and it places you in a match.

I self identify as a monkey.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    I think it's a nice game to give it a try for a month or so and then play it casually. You get quite easliy up to tier 5-6. Many ships to play and quite a lot of nations. Then the grind kicks in and it gets a little tedious imo, or you just buy ships with real money which I only did once because I thought they deserved some reward for all the time I played for free. ;)
    The higher you get in tier the more you also depend on your team mates. First tiers are just plain chaotic fun shooting up each other. But not twitchy at all.
    mgilbrtsn
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    OK, I'll give it a shot.  Thanks!