Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Ship - Introductory Price of $850

Comments

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

'every time' how about 'ever'.

my point is the statement they made is NEVER addressed. In fact as your defense illustrates to great lengths are made to do logic gymnastics to try and ignore it.

regarding sports....I dont give a fuck
    Did it ever dawn on you that every developer says the same thing when discussing their monetization? ....

no I was not aware of that, so is that 100%?

here is what you are missing.
    I know you have a hard on to be critical against CR and SC anyway you can find, so I am going to give you one that you have ignored.

Illustrate to people who are fans that for the statement CR has made he is either A. outright liying (you should have fun with that) and B. the game is going to be so bland to keep things balanced its not going to be worth playing.

If I was you I would TOTALLY go for item B. 

but please..stop trying to justify it with me because I am not changing my view on it
    1.  I am far from a guy who dumps on CR. Sure I will call out issues if I see them but I'm a big CR fan, owner of a Golden Ticket, a signed copy of the original Wing Commander game (and hat!), and actually have managed to watch the Wing Commander movie multiple times (try doing THAT before saying someone wants to dump on CR!). I also own 3 accounts for SC because I wanted my kids to experience that same feeling I had when I loaded up Wing Commander.
    Feel free to go through my post history.

2. The Astros are going to win the world series.

Have fun in your rabbit hole.

what part of 'I dont give a fuck about sports' did you miss?

I mean like really do not give a fuck

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    1050$ for a flight ready ship, wtf just don't understand this, why people would pay so much money, wish i had $ to blow on things, but would probably  choose giving to people in need or something much more logical, then a fake ship for game that's not even out yet, and has been in production for a very long time.

Posted before on this game, just seems their using there player base to build a massive company located all of the world then bringing there first game to gamers.

Octagon7711
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    Orinori said:
    dude is a pretty big CR fan I think >.>

or at least wing commander 
    I'm not ashamed to say that I once paid a dude $200 under the table at a Compuadd store to install a 1MB memory expansion so I could see my pilot's hands move when I was flying (and maybe extra voice?)
     ;) 

That's right Bill gates... we DO need more that 640k of RAM!

Talonsin

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited October 2017
    A core point is very important that we don't know specifics of the layout of the game-world, both on PvP and PvE, its progression, earning rates from the lowest to the highest tiers of content and so forfh... so when you speculate about this, you have to run through multiple assumptions of what will be such setup and how it will be implemented before even speculate how will the end result impact balance...

So it's a very long stretch at this moment when we don't know specifics of how will the game be played, and this discussion ties a lot to PvP, one of the designs of the MMO that most changed through the years.
    Octagon7711
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    MaxBacon said:
    A core point is very important that we don't know specifics of the layout of the game-world, both on PvP and PvE, its progression, earning rates from the lowest to the highest tiers of content and so forfh... so when you speculate about this, you have to run through multiple assumptions of what will be such setup and how it will be implemented before even speculate how will the end result impact balance...

So it's a very long stretch at this moment when we don't know specifics of how will the game be played, and this discussion ties a lot to PvP, one of the designs of the MMO that most changed through the years.
    Were you trying to make the point not to have an adverse reaction to the $850 ship? Not helpiiiiiiiiiing.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Were you trying to make the point not to have an adverse reaction to the $850 ship? Not helpiiiiiiiiiing.
    No, just specific to the discussion about balance. I'm neutral towards the 850$ ship or the 1500$ ship, or the 30$ ship, they fund the game that I want to play and that's what I care about.
    edited October 2017
    within only 4 posts I have completely lost what the F any of you are talking about

'he is a fan' who is that person talking about

'no max doesnt appear to be making a point other than the point he made and not a different point'

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    edited October 2017

I also own 3 accounts for SC because I wanted my kids to experience that same feeling I had when I loaded up Wing Commander.

If theyre unborn and someone else takes it over they might see it while theyre still kids....
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    The title of this thread should be...

"New Ship - Predatory Price of $850"
    kikoodutroa8
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    BruceYee said:
    The title of this thread should be...

"New Ship - Predatory Price of $850"
    Perhaps they should have named the ship "The Predator?"

It could have sister ships such as "The Consumer," or perhaps "The Devourer."

On a roll today. 

B)
    Talonsin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

my point is the statement they made is NEVER addressed. In fact as your defense illustrates to great lengths are made to do logic gymnastics to try and ignore it.

Did it ever dawn on you that every developer says the same thing when discussing their monetization? ....

I know you have a hard on to be critical against CR and SC anyway you can find, so I am going to give you one that you have ignored.

Illustrate to people who are fans that for the statement CR has made he is either A. outright liying (you should have fun with that) and B. the game is going to be so bland to keep things balanced its not going to be worth playing.

but please..stop trying to justify it with me because I am not changing my view on it
    1.  I am far from a guy who dumps on CR. Sure I will call out issues if I see them but I'm a big CR fan, owner of a Golden Ticket, a signed copy of the original Wing Commander game (and hat!), and actually have managed to watch the Wing Commander movie multiple times (try doing THAT before saying someone wants to dump on CR!). I also own 3 accounts for SC because I wanted my kids to experience that same feeling I had when I loaded up Wing Commander.

He's trying to aggravate me, the Dodger fan. 

You are just collateral damage.  B)
    Slapshot1188

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

Yeah, that's pretty funny, as a guy who does dump on CR a lot.  Well, at least we agree about the Astros.....

Roberts is really not the mythic dude you envision.  His feet of clay extend way high up.  Don't know whether to hope you learn more, or stay in your happy pocket.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

So what if I said baseball was better with steroids??  DISCUSS!

• OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    Why not just drink beer like everyone else?
    MadFrenchie
    Orinori said:
    Why not just drink beer like everyone else?
    Beer fortified with steroids??
    OrinoriKyleran

Kyleran said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

Ever noticed the similarity between the effects of steroid abuse and male adolescence?
    MadFrenchie

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886
    MaxBacon said:
    No, just specific to the discussion about balance. I'm neutral towards the 850$ ship or the 1500$ ship, or the 30$ ship, they fund the game that I want to play and that's what I care about.
    yeah..RSI would be super screwed with their 160m of dollars without these sales..Completely justifiable

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited October 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    Completely disagree with @Erillion there, there's no confirmation at all of anything side of starter packs (expansion of the current Mustang/Aurora ones), currency microtransaction and the SQ42 eps.

Also, it's illogical, a good implementation of the currency microtransaction is capable of immense profitability and I'm sure they will greatly bet on that (including changing limits) once such starts being implemented.

I don't find the model unfair given the option to earn or buy, under a reality of no game sub or an ideology of paid expansions.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16193-The-Shipyard-Other-Ship-Items

Seems like this is the newest incarnation of "booster packs".

-->

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Sub Items

Sub-Items live inside components and provide a boost to the base effectiveness in a variety of ways. Currently, they are consumable parts that will wear out much quicker than their host items themselves. Without sub-items the base item still functions as normal, but will find a small boost in performance when sub-items are installed. It’s recommended that players carry spares for longer trips as the need to swap these out over extended duration trips is likely. Not carrying spares (or not having the ability to carry spares) isn’t an impediment to base functionality, but should be seen as a continued maintenance loop necessary to provide an improved-upon and highly proficient system.

Each Sub Item fits in one of three categories, each boosting a different set of stats for that item:

Efficiency improves the overall effectiveness of the main item by reducing power or improving cooling performance.

Protection reduces the damage being dealt to the main item by absorbing different damage types or reducing wear rate and misfire chances.

Detection inhibits emissions in various spectrum from the main item or provides resistance to scanning.

Sub Items can fit in many different items and are not restricted to a specific type of item, such as a Power Plant Sub Item.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Have fun

• xarkinxarkin Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Wow! $850 just seems crazy to me for an in game item. That is half the cost of a good PC. Are they going to charge this amount when the game is released?
    edited October 2017
    this bit about 'buying these ships will give an advantage in the completed game even though CR said it will not' conversation. Cant anyone with the game fly all ships now? so maybe that is how the end product will work too, maybe you can 'rent' ship or buy them but buying them will economically not payoff for 100 years, so you might as well rent which everyone can do anyway

done.

SEANMCAD said:
    this bit about 'buying these ships will give an advantage in the completed game even though CR said it will not' conversation. Cant anyone with the game fly all ships now? so maybe that is how the end product will work too, maybe you can 'rent' ship or buy them but buying them will economically not payoff for 100 years, so you might as well rent which everyone can do anyway

done.

Math can be hard I guess.

If I buy all the ships with real world money.  It costs me ZERO in game so the ROI is not 100 years.. it's instantaneous..
    You can rent them all you want..

I still have bought an advantage.  Heck.. maybe you can rent them from ME :)

You can argue about the extent of the advantage, but not about the whether or not it exists.  In a worst case scenario I can sell my ships for in game items/cash and have an advantage that way.

done.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

SEANMCAD said:

done.

If I buy all the ships with real world money.  It costs me ZERO in game so the ROI is not 100 years.. it's instantaneous.......
    no you got it wrong.

Here is what the game world could be.
    You log in as a new player, you have access to RENT any ship in the game for in game micro credits that you can get in 5 mins.
    If you want to BUY that same ship that you can RENT. you would not be able to get your money back out of it for 100 years. 
    Thus there is ZERO advantages to owning something you can rent for a .0000000000000000001% fraction of the cost.

see?

edited October 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

done.

If I buy all the ships with real world money.  It costs me ZERO in game so the ROI is not 100 years.. it's instantaneous.......
    no you got it wrong.

You log in as a new player, you have access to RENT any ship in the game for in game micro credits that you can get in 5 mins.
    If you want to BUY that same ship that you can RENT. you would not be able to get your money back out of it for 100 years. 
    Thus there is ZERO advantages to owning something you can rent for a .0000000000000000001% fraction of the cost.

see?
    And the butthurt from the folks who spent hundred or thousands of dollars on said ships could, literally, crash CIG's forums.

As always, if someone pays $1000 for a ship, they should get some sort of advantage.   It will probably just be temporary though.  And then the goons will come in and screw things up for everyone.
    Kyleran

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

done.

no you got it wrong.

see?
    Not sure what is so hard to understand here.

If I buy ships with real money... I pay zero in game.
    if you rent ships for x... you have paid x.
    in every case x>o

You are talking about value... not advantage.  Totally different concept.

Kyleran