Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS vita, new vs old.

hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
I just bought a PS 4 pro, and a vita so I could play while I'm laying down. I bought it used from game stop, because they told me sony stopped making them. Then I went on amazon and found they did in fact make a new one. I have to return it either way, because it has these weird black lines when the screen is dark. Question is any one have both, and can tell me which one is better? Many thanks for any advice.

Comments

• frankcortezfrankcortez Member CommonPosts: 2
    I would certainly go for PS4 Pro as it is just over twice as powerful as that in the PS4. While Further more the PS4 Pro has the same amount of memory as the original PS4 – 8GB GDDR5. Recently, one of my friends was suggested by his gamer friend to Acheter Playstation Plus 365 jours from press-start an online website for all the gaming consoles. He is now very happy with the new brand console he received at very affordable price. So from his experience I would recommend PS4 is much better.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited March 2017
    I would certainly go for PS4 Pro as it is just over twice as powerful as that in the PS4. While Further more the PS4 Pro has the same amount of memory as the original PS4 – 8GB GDDR5. Recently, one of my friends was suggested by his gamer friend to Acheter Playstation Plus 365 jours from press-start an online website for all the gaming consoles. He is now very happy with the new brand console he received at very affordable price. So from his experience I would recommend PS4 is much better.

I think he is talking about the PSVita.

I had the old OLED one first. Very nice, but hungry on battery.

I have now the new version of the PSVita with the LCD screen. Very nice as well and much better batterylife.
    Gamestop second hand is crap, as they hardly bother with proper testing of trade-in hardware.

You can easily find new PSVita's online, so I would definitely recommend that. It's a really nice handheld and if you have a good WiFi network at home, the Remote Play feature works really well.
    There are also a lot of good PSVita titles available as well. Lot of nice games.

PSVita is also part of the PlaystationPlus subscription program with free games every month as well.
    Since you have to have PSPlus anyway with your PS4 Pro console, it's a nice added bonus.
    There are also a lot of games that are cross buy. Read the instructions carefully, as with most of them you have to buy the game on the PSVita first, to be able to make it available for free on the PS4!
  • hatefulpeacehatefulpeace Member UncommonPosts: 621
    JeroKane said:

I think he is talking about the PSVita.

I had the old OLED one first. Very nice, but hungry on battery.

I have now the new version of the PSVita with the LCD screen. Very nice as well and much better batterylife.
    Gamestop second hand is crap, as they hardly bother with proper testing of trade-in hardware.

You can easily find new PSVita's online, so I would definitely recommend that. It's a really nice handheld and if you have a good WiFi network at home, the Remote Play feature works really well.
    There are also a lot of good PSVita titles available as well. Lot of nice games.

PSVita is also part of the PlaystationPlus subscription program with free games every month as well.
    Since you have to have PSPlus anyway with your PS4 Pro console, it's a nice added bonus.
    There are also a lot of games that are cross buy. Read the instructions carefully, as with most of them you have to buy the game on the PSVita first, to be able to make it available for free on the PS4!
    Thanks very much,yeah I went with the new one at the time. I returned it though, because at the time I had a Dell venue 11 with a 1080 p screen which looked way better than a vita. They let me remote play to it, and use the PS streamong. But then I bought a gaming pc again and stopped playing PS and psvr so traded them for a snowmobile.

The new PSVita's is Def better than the old one though. If using the vita for remote play, and ps now though a windows tablet is better than a vita.
  • StrikeboyStrikeboy Member CommonPosts: 28
    well the new PSV is better but they remove the so called accessory port and never bother giving it any functions, even thou it's in the manual