Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mount skins in GW2 cash shop.

Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
We all knew it was coming and just in time for All Hollow's Eve.  Spooky Mount Packs are available in the Cash Shop.  I suppose a Necro could use them year round.  From what I gather they are also craftable but not confirmed at this point.  There's also a Halloween Sale going on so the packs are only 1600 Gems instead of 2000.  Be sure to pick up the free fireworks in the store while you're there. It's said the final rocket gives a 50% Magic Find Boost to nearby allies.
I can hardly wait to see what they have for Christmas.  :smile:
Dress Up Your Mounts for Halloween  GuildWars2com

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    I'm not interested in buying these even though they are kinda cool. I will say it was expected, in fact I was actually hoping they would do all kinds of mount skins like with the gliders. I haven't bought gems in years, I just convert gold to gems for whatever it is I want these days so if they have some cool must have skins in the future I'll be all in.
    Octagon7711
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Actually those shown are the default dye settings for the skins.  Each skin has four areas you can change colors.  Eyes, back and tail (special effects), and two on the body.  You can really get some nice looks.  I'll post a shot if I get a chance.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Too expensive for how good they look. Give me a horse skin for the raptor instead, or a phoenix skin for the griffon.
  • Redfeather75Redfeather75 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    edited October 2017
    I can't see myself paying 20 dollars for 5 edited texture maps. :p
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I think they look great. 
    Octagon7711
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

edited October 2017
    Here's my Reaper.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Loke666 said:
    Too expensive for how good they look. Give me a horse skin for the raptor instead, or a phoenix skin for the griffon.
    How about a Rainbow Unicorn for the Raptor xD or a Pegasus for the Griffin? I see it coming soon.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    They really did miss out on a lot of money by not implementing mounts into the game sooner. All they had to do was look at FFXIV to see how much people love buying vanity, even to the point that their cash shop is updated monthly....in a p2p game.
    One of the only reasons I play Riders of Icarus from time to time is because of all the mounts and pets they have.  I agree they should have done it sooner.  I noticed the mount section on the character screen has lots of room for future skins so I'm sure there will be lots in the future.