Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player Unknown Battle Grounds - Would I be doomed?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
So I keep hearing that the hype train is rolling hard for PUBG.  I have some friends that are playing it.  But me, I'm old, slow, and uncoordinated.  Is there any place for someone like me in the game?  Or would my life be made a living hell by twitchy, head-shotting, 12-year-old kids who would dance on my corpse?

Comments

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    edited October 2017
    I take the lack of response to mean I'm doomed!  LOL you guys don't want to hurt an old timer's feelings!
    Post edited by MightyUnclean on
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Pretty much.
    I didnt play PUBG because i didnt want to pay for something Im unsure I will enjoy. But I played Fortnight Battle Royale - that is pretty much the clone of PUBG.

Now I am not the best FPS player, but not the worst either - kind of mid ground.

The game for me goes like this:

You jump out. Than if you are lucky to survive long enough to find weapon, before meeting someone you can continue. This would happen 70%.

After that you will meet someone. Let say 50%-50% chance he will have better weapon and kill you.

After that your chances drop drastically, because you are now against better players with better weapons.

And this is where game ends, pretty much 99%

However that being said.

I did manage to WIN !!! one time :smiley:

Asheram

Wow, you make it sound so appealing!  :pensive:

Wow, you make it sound so appealing!  :pensive:

Well no ... actually i stopped playing after I won.

In a way - I think its too random. And most of matches you have no chance of winning.

Maybe if you play with a team, there is more strategy...

In any case - try Fortnight-BR , its free. Better than putting money for PUBG and seeing you dont like it

OK, thanks man!
    OK, thanks guys.  The aiming/hitting in Fortnite isn't skill-based, but based on RNG?

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    OK, thanks guys.  The aiming/hitting in Fortnite isn't skill-based, but based on RNG?

Both.  Higher quality guns are more accurate.  Which is pretty bad for a competitive multiplayer game, on my opinion.  But maybe appeals to others.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Both.  Higher quality guns are more accurate.  Which is pretty bad for a competitive multiplayer game, on my opinion.  But maybe appeals to others.

Hmm, maybe Fortnite would work for me.  How twitchy and aiming-intensive is the combat?
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505

Hmm, maybe Fortnite would work for me.  How twitchy and aiming-intensive is the combat?
    That would have to be answered by someone else.  I looked into both games, but decided it wouldn't be the type of competitive shooter I saw myself sticking with.

DMKano owns both from what I understand, but really dislikes Fortnite.  However, he could still probably comment on the level of twitch required to be successful.

OK, thanks man!  I'll post in the Fortnite forum here, maybe that will catch his eye.
  • Phixion13Phixion13 Member UncommonPosts: 190
    20 dollar game with $60 hype. A lot of cheaters this past week and even after a leaderboard wipe the cheaters are still at the top... that rampant.
    Phixion13 said:
    20 dollar game with $60 hype. A lot of cheaters this past week and even after a leaderboard wipe the cheaters are still at the top... that rampant.

PUBG or Fortnite?
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
     PUBG has a higher skill cap, so it's more rewarding the better you play, be it solo or in a group. Fortnite is more fun especially with a team because of all the random wonky elements that used to be present in PUBG are still there in Fortnite. 

I'm talking about the ability for random silly plays and things to make happen with traps and other building elements. 

PUBG was more fun when we could send cars flying through the air doing backflips, and landing on a building killing a spectator. All while still being able to play competitively if you wanted. Now with first person only, and the many changes it's become a bit stale. 

In the end one is free so why not both? That's the easy answer. If you only want to play one that's going to depend on what you want. 
    As I said Fortnite is free , PUBG is 30$

Try the free one first, see if its something you enjoy, and than decide.