Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Teaser Site & Steam Hub Herald a 2018 Release - Bless Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageNew Teaser Site & Steam Hub Herald a 2018 Release - Bless Videos - MMORPG.com

The Bless team has released a brand new (and pretty awesome looking) new trailer to reveal the news that the game will be heading to Steam in 2018. A new teaser site is now available as well as a Steam hub.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Thank you!

MrMelGibson
  • Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263
    The fact that the professionally recorded video of the live battle clip is stuttering and shows low frame rates. Tells me that they didn't fix the GPU memory sink in the games engine. One of the primary reasons it went back to development if i'm not mistaken. That and the boring gameplay and lack of content. I'll be waiting until after release to look into this game again. They've burned too many bridges already imo. So it's on them to build a new one and get my attention.
    AlomarXingbairongMikehaPhry
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    To take something from the video and my opinion on this game

"that boat has sailed"... and like @Keldor837 stated it doesn't seem from the video that the original problem has been solved, I would love to see this ggame make something, but i fear it will just be another flash by night ......
    Phry

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    edited October 2017
    I was bummed when I saw "2018". However, I just realized that it's already almost 2018. lol

It kind of has an EverQuest feel! Sweet!
    Post edited by Dauzqul on
    Xingbairong
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    I'm really hopeful that the game will be decent, but the stutter in the trailer really baffles me... They shouldn't have added such scenes because it just makes you wonder if they have done anything or it's all the same.

It's really sad how in the last 2 years or so, my expectations for MMORPGs went from hoping that they are really good to just hoping that it's decent enough to keep me from uninstalling :(
    My current stance with WoW's next expansion is the same. I just hope it's decent.
  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Nice, nice! I will certainly try this one out!
    LeiloniMikeha
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Dunno whether to be happy or sad.

• RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311
    It looks alright. I may try it out just because there isn't anything else on the horizon, but my hopes aren't high. Like the others I'm just hoping it's decent.
    Alomar
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
    Keldor837 said:
    The fact that the professionally recorded video of the live battle clip is stuttering and shows low frame rates. Tells me that they didn't fix the GPU memory sink in the games engine. One of the primary reasons it went back to development if i'm not mistaken. That and the boring gameplay and lack of content. I'll be waiting until after release to look into this game again. They've burned too many bridges already imo. So it's on them to build a new one and get my attention.
     When they started releasing info about updating things like the character creation etc, I knew they probably weren't going to bother fixing the actual problems.  Can't say I'm surprised they want to try and get their money out of it, but they aren't fixing the issues so no money from me.. 
    PhryKeldor837
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Looks good to me, can't wait to see more of it. And I've seen this video several times now but I don't see the stuttering people are talk about lol.
    sycogenesisMikehathighhighs
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Looking forward to try this one, hopefully early 2018.
    LeiloniMikehaSovrathMrMelGibsonAlomar
  • sycogenesissycogenesis Member UncommonPosts: 86
    only thing that would kill it for me is if it was P2W it just seems like an annoying culture fad coming from that side of the world every single fking mmo that comes from them is P2W despite knowing it won’t work here .

Keldor837 said:

What time stamp do you see this sputtering? because i don't see any sputtering i see time being sped up but that's it
    Leiloni
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    edited October 2017
    Lets see the cash shop first, hope its not another AA.
    sycogenesisAlomar

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

Keldor837 said:

What time stamp do you see this sputtering? because i don't see any sputtering i see time being sped up but that's it
    I think they're talking about 0:37 to 0:40. Though I'm not sure if that's actual stuttering or if they purposely advanced several frames at a time for effect.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'll be honest, I'm only going to try the game cause they let you have body tattoos at customization.
    MrMelGibson

Forgrimm said:

Keldor837 said:

I think they're talking about 0:37 to 0:40. Though I'm not sure if that's actual stuttering or if they purposely advanced several frames at a time for effect.

That wasn't spuddering that was done for effect lol
    [Deleted User]SovrathAlomar
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Torval said:
    Albatroes said:
    I'll be honest, I'm only going to try the game cause they let you have body tattoos at customization.
    What is your interest in body art and character customization. I've seen a few games with body art options but I've not seen someone comment about that as a significant factor in playing. That's interesting.
    Yeah I've seen a few MMO's with body art. I think the game with the most in depth Body Art customization was APB to be 100% honest. As bad as the actual game was (I liked it though for some reason) the customization was insane. 

As for Bless, that video looks very good. I don't see the stuttering that people are mentioning, but I do see a bit of a time speed up that may make it look slightly choppy? I don't know. I replayed that section like 6 times and I hardly see anything at all. Once we get a full video of it in action then we can judge. But seeing 5 seconds of something and saying "OH IT STILL HAS THE SAME ISSUES THEY DIDNT FIX IT" is ignorant as hell. Especially if that was a glaring issue prior, and the company knew about it. I'm sure if they were willing enough to take the game down and do a rework prior to launching in other regions, I'm sure willing to bet they worked on whatever MAJOR issues people had with the game. 
    [Deleted User]
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Forgrimm said:

Keldor837 said:

You are correct, I've watched it over and over and it's the spell effects that are causing shaking.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Been waiting to hear this good news for a long time. Can't wait to devote myself to this mmo.
    [Deleted User]
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    edited October 2017
    Well I am glad Bless is finally coming out here in the west. But the rebuild is still only about 50% complete at this time. Races are still missing (Iblis, Fedayin and Siren races), classes that haven't been updated to the new combat (ranger, mystic) and most importantly the optimisation and performance issues haven't been addressed yet.

With all this work to be done, I would expect a late 2018 launch. But you never know with these companies.
    Post edited by Kumapon on
    Alomar
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Keldor837 said:

To be fair, all those clips you see in the trailer are over a year old, from the old build. The new "rebuild" build isn't finished yet, so we don't know exactly how it will run yet.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Will likely check it out when it finally releases, but honestly not very hopeful about this game as so much work was needed that even Aeria abandoned it, maybe they will surprise us and have actually fixed the game, but its definitely a wait and see, at this point i wouldn't get my hopes up. :/
    Alomar
  • Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Kumapon said:

Keldor837 said:

To be fair, all those clips you see in the trailer are over a year old, from the old build. The new "rebuild" build isn't finished yet, so we don't know exactly how it will run yet.
    If it's old video content, then that makes the entire video even worse (ik all the cinematics are old video). Because the memory sink was a very big performance issue the game had. If they aren't done and are using old rendorings and in-engine content. Then they aren't actually showing us anything relevant to the retooled game.
    Phry
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    same ol' P2W Asian cash grab shit.