Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get Your Pink Power Bundle & Benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation - TERA - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageGet Your Pink Power Bundle & Benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation - TERA - MMORPG.com

TERA News - TERA players have an opportunity to make an important contribution to breast cancer research by purchasing the Pink Power Pack for 1,495 EMP. All of the proceeds will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation and players will receive some nifty in-game items in thanks for their assistance.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2017
    I bet less people would be upset with all the loot box talk in all these recent titles if all the proceeds went to charity.
  • PeZzyPeZzy Member UncommonPosts: 154
    P2W publishers should learn from this.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Elin pictures fits for the theme.

• WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Maybe if they didnt make such a girly and dumb item they would actually make more money for charity.
    onelesslight
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Wedlen said:

Maybe if they didnt make such a girly and dumb item they would actually make more money for charity.

* facepalms * Apparently you missed the point of the fundraiser. Well done.
    onelesslightsimsalabim77[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ShinamiShinami Member UncommonPosts: 825
    Unfortunately, I do not believe in donating through video games for anything as TERA is not a Western-Made video game, and secondly, TERA is an F2P always looking for money.

Please look up United States Code where Charities are defined, along with definitions (look for what proceeds legally means) and then go after reading case-law (it will surprise you). Then do a little bit of research....

You will learn that Breast Cancer and other Cancer Charities are notoriously known for having less 4% of their money going towards direct-aid. In fact, Tampa Times ran in Dec. 2014 a list of the worse charities. Two of them were Cancer Fund of America (1% money to aid) and Breast Cancer Relief Foundation (2.2%). You will also learn that these charities love changing their names frequently to fool people.

Notice how it reads "Breast Cancer Research Foundation"

A Research Foundation is Legally Defined as a group of individuals who appropriate money in order to send it to research-based groups. In short, the foundation just provides money (with them getting a cut of course) to those said research groups... and they get to choose the research group.

Most people do not know that in order to start a research-based charity for an extreme medical condition such as Cancer, HIV/AIDS, Leukemia, etc.... the group requires legal, medical, and governmental clearance. They aren't so easy to form....

Cancer in the U.S was declared in 2002 to be an "Extreme Medical Issue" placed high on the priority-list of government ventures into research and funding medical teams and trying to work with that. This means my Tax-Dollars already pay groups directly, which means I am already supporting that cause by simply being an american citizen and doing my job. Unlike Charities, Government money goes to where it is allocated be it a lot or little...
    Gdemami
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited October 2017

Shinami said:

Government money goes to where it is allocated be it a lot or little...

I'm sorry, but I LOL'd at this because, you know, government never has waste or shady financials.

As for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation Ratings:

92/100
    https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=5001

A+
    https://www.charitywatch.org/ratings-and-metrics/breast-cancer-research-foundation/117
    And that took all of 30 seconds to discover. But you rest easy knowing your tax dollars are at work.

[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I would be much more inclined to participate if instead of pink wings they offered me a pink shirt for my toon that said "save the boobies".
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD