Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Online selected as the Best of Show Winner at Brasil Game Show 2017!

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
With the game’s South American publisher RedFox Games, Black Desert Online (developed by Pearl Abyss) had participated in the Brasil Game Show 2017, the biggest game show in South America.

https://www.invenglobal.com/blackdesertonline/articles/3235/black-desert-online-selected-as-the-best-of-show-winner-at-brasil-game-show-2017

YashaX

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited October 2017
    Black Desert continues to gain World Wide success. 

Congratz to Pearl Abyss and Black Desert. :)
    YashaXmgilbrtsn
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It wouldn't make my top 20 mmorpg's.I love great graphics,yet i wanted to quit BDO in the first day i was playing.I struggled,pushed myself to stick around a week to justify my purchase,i have never thought of returning because to me it was designed terribly as an immersive mmorpg.

combat animations/plausible realism,terrrible.
    automation in a role playing game...seriously?We have always called that botting and crap for gaming.
    lines stretching all over my screen to support some statistical node system that has nothing showing in game except those lines,again a good way to ruin immersion.

fish botting,no thanks,proven disapproval as tons complained about fish botting in FFXi for years.

A lazy quest system supported by some phantom that just pops out of thin air to give you another quest,who then pops a mob out of thin air as well,really good way to turn me off.

Combat combos are just up/dwn/left right ,totally fake and do not represent what a player would really do in a combat situation.Little to no use of grouping,everything is designed to solo combat.

I can't remember all the other stuff that bothered me,there was a lot,i could literally see an annoyance every 5 minutes,i couldn't take it anymore and completely removed from my HD it was that bad to me.
    For a game with beautiful graphics to turn me away that fast is really saying something,that constant murmur of gameplay>graphics,also holds true with me.I do weigh graphics heavily,so the game gets a 5/10 from me just for graphics,there is nothing in the rest of the design that i would want in a mmorpg i want to play.
    KyleranWylfRexKushman

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Glad to see they're doing so well. Hopefully it'll lead to further good updates down the line. :D
    MikehaxLoveless1102YashaXmgilbrtsn

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• xLoveless1102xLoveless1102 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Wow! Congrats to Pearl Abyss! This is actually the best thing that happened to them considering that they are going to open up a SEA server soon. I am so waiting for that to happen. In preparation to that, we decided to create a guild in EU and our members are all decided to move to SEA once it has been launched. Again, congratulations  ;)
    BuckyParsonsYashaX
    Never give up ~
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I take it none of the other MMORPGs could make it? <_< >_>
    KyleranWylf
  • mark.ovamark.ova Member CommonPosts: 8
    Congratulations! More power to Pearl Abyss. 
    mgilbrtsn
  • BuckyParsonsBuckyParsons Member CommonPosts: 4
    Congratulations!!! Black Desert Online will have a great market in SEA since a lot of Gamers from SEA region had been waitng for it!!! :)
  • xLoveless1102xLoveless1102 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Aori said:
    Now if only Kakao could be a proper publisher for the west...
    I hope that Pearl Abyss would publish the game by themselves within the SEA region. It would be nice if they would do that. 
    Never give up ~
  • StrikeboyStrikeboy Member CommonPosts: 28
    congratulations :)
  • ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    all I can say is....jajajajajajajajajajajajajaja
    TheScavenger
    "Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • Tom272Tom272 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    The game would be awsome if the level difference and gear difference weren't as high. 
    I quit playing after getting good gear because i was lv 56 with 220/270 attack power/defense power, then i would promptly lose to a lv 58 who has 160/220 just because of level difference. 
    I quit after that, if you want to craft and explore the world, farm monsters like theres not tommorow then this is for you, if you want a balanced game where you can take anyone a snowballs chance of success, look elsewhere cause this ain't it. 
    Too bad though, it had great potential and i would have invested years into it if it was balanced on that side too..
    Gdemami
    Congratulations!!! Black Desert Online will have a great market in SEA since a lot of Gamers from SEA region had been waitng for it!!! :)
    Oh yes many of my friends wanted to play this before but they were unable to since they don't know how to set up a VPN connection. Once the SEA server is out then we won't need to use VPN connection and we can invite more friends to join in the fun!~
  • WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    Something about in the eye of the beholder comes to mind.
    do they have the date or the actual release date for the SEA CBT?
    Strikeboy said:
    do they have the date or the actual release date for the SEA CBT?
    They'll probably announce it along with the official SEA website once it is available. I'd like to be a tester. 
    When will they announce the launch date for the sea website? i haven't checked their fb page yet
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Well deserved, definitely the best latest AAA MMORPG released along with GW2 and ESO.

Mix those three games and you get a true gem. Dynamic Events from GW2, character development from ESO and world+crafting from BDO.
    I would also add BDO graphics and animations to that mix. Although GW2's wouldn't be bad either.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

The official website for BDO sea is now up. I think it was nov. 1? just checked it today
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I really want to like this game.  It's just too busy for me.  I wish they gave an option to reduce some of the clutter..(grass and vegetation come to mind).  It looks nice, just would like a bit less of it.

I self identify as a monkey.