Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elex game has me very interested

WizardryWizardry Member EpicPosts: 13,622
Due out in 2-3 days.


Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Comments

  • WizardryWizardry Member EpicPosts: 13,622
    A fair video from a fan of the studio,Gothic series.


    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 135
    First reviews say it's mediocre with archaic mechanics, terrible combat and plethora of bugs.
    Tokken
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,354
    I have it pre ordered only because I love the gothic and risen games. This looks a lot deeper then most games recently.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member UncommonPosts: 1,254
    It didn't look that impressive to me to be honest. Then again, i'm judging a book by its cover. 

    Cryomatrix
  • AUNE2018AUNE2018 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Wizardry said:
    Due out in 2-3 days.


    It's out! Are you playing it? How do you like it?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 10,568
    Sounds like a diamond in the rough that needs time to get its shit together. I'm going to put this one on the back burner and let it simmer for a few months.
    ScorchienTokkenYashaXimmodium
    “That's how the madness of the world tries to colonize you: from the outside in, forcing you to live in its reality.” 
    ― Jeff VanderMeerAnnihilation
  • ScorchienScorchien Member EpicPosts: 4,300
    Iselin said:
    Sounds like a diamond in the rough that needs time to get its shit together. I'm going to put this one on the back burner and let it simmer for a few months.
    Love Gothic and Pirahana ,, but also gonna let them shine this up a bit ..
    Iselinimmodium
  • SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 26,846
    https://www.gamespace.com/featured/elex-review/

    I found it very rough too, though weirdly compelling...enough to give it a 7 despite everything. There's really a fun game there for people who like open world, no hand-holding and unique combat. Turn the sound off and just read the quests (voice acting is abysmal) and try to ignore visual glitches (most seen in dialog convos with NPCs) and you'll find a game that grabs you despite your wanting to chuck it all in at first. Stick with it.

    That said, at $50, I'm just not sure it's worth it -- yet. I think that with time and patching, ELEX could end up being something pretty cool for people of a certain sort. It's not for everyone, but it should find its niche.
    ScorchienIselinTokkenYashaXConstantineMerus

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 10,568
    Scorchien said:
    Iselin said:
    Sounds like a diamond in the rough that needs time to get its shit together. I'm going to put this one on the back burner and let it simmer for a few months.
    Love Gothic and Pirahana ,, but also gonna let them shine this up a bit ..
    Yeah I loved Gothic back in the day.

    And I have zero problems with scifi/fantasy convergence... heck Terry Brooks did it decades ago with Shannara and even Bethesda is currently toying with the idea of franchise convergence where Fallout is actually ancient history of the Elder Scrolls universe (sort of gives a little bit of extra oomph to the Dwemer mystery :) )

    This thing has potential but sounds like several systems need a few passes.


    Scorchien
    “That's how the madness of the world tries to colonize you: from the outside in, forcing you to live in its reality.” 
    ― Jeff VanderMeerAnnihilation
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 10,568
    SBFord said:
    https://www.gamespace.com/featured/elex-review/

    I found it very rough too, though weirdly compelling...enough to give it a 7 despite everything. There's really a fun game there for people who like open world, no hand-holding and unique combat. Turn the sound off and just read the quests (voice acting is abysmal) and try to ignore visual glitches (most seen in dialog convos with NPCs) and you'll find a game that grabs you despite your wanting to chuck it all in at first. Stick with it.

    That said, at $50, I'm just not sure it's worth it -- yet. I think that with time and patching, ELEX could end up being something pretty cool for people of a certain sort. It's not for everyone, but it should find its niche.
    I read your review through a link from Metacritic... it pays to be quick off the mark with reviews to get visibility. Good on you, Gamespace has arrived!  :)
    SBFordConstantineMerus
    “That's how the madness of the world tries to colonize you: from the outside in, forcing you to live in its reality.” 
    ― Jeff VanderMeerAnnihilation
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 5,344
    I used to enjoy everything about Fallen Earth, except for the combat. Judging by the videos for Elex, I'm wondering if there is anything other than quests and combat. Is there any type of crafting? Can you build a settlement? I'm guessing theres a multi-layered faction war going on, but the video doesn't really explain much about the game.

  • TokkenTokken Member RarePosts: 1,662
    I'll keep an eye on this one.  Maybe wait for a steam sale.  $50 is too much for this unpolished game.
    Warriors are like steel, when you lose your temper you lose your worth.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 2,444
    It looks pretty awesome and its on my wishlist. From the sounds of it, its pretty much an early access game but I don't see anywhere that says it. For 50 dollars, that is too expensive for an early access game. But if its actually a full release, I think that is a mistake...

    It looks great, but from the reviews/videos and the review on gamespace...sure a lot of lack of polish and problems for a 50 dollar full release game...or is it early access and I'm missing it?

    My adult gaming and mods website (various games, adult mods, screenshots, stories and other games I play(ed) 

    http://nsfwgaming.wixsite.com/adultgamingandmods

    And my Youtube channel (for nature/relaxation/meditation videos)

    https://www.youtube.com/user/Vendayn


  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member EpicPosts: 3,999
    I honestly want this game to be in early access because it honestly has a lot of potential and could be a lot better if given more time. I feel like they are kind of shooting themselves in the foot by not taking a 20$ buy in to EA then release in about a year with more content and then maybe try for even 60 on release.
Sign In or Register to comment.