Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elex game has me very interested

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
Due out in 2-3 days.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    A fair video from a fan of the studio,Gothic series.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
    First reviews say it's mediocre with archaic mechanics, terrible combat and plethora of bugs.
    Tokken
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    I have it pre ordered only because I love the gothic and risen games. This looks a lot deeper then most games recently.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    It didn't look that impressive to me to be honest. Then again, i'm judging a book by its cover. 

Cryomatrix
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • AUNE2018AUNE2018 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Wizardry said:
    Due out in 2-3 days.

It's out! Are you playing it? How do you like it?
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Sounds like a diamond in the rough that needs time to get its shit together. I'm going to put this one on the back burner and let it simmer for a few months.
    ScorchienTokkenYashaXimmodium
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Iselin said:
    Sounds like a diamond in the rough that needs time to get its shit together. I'm going to put this one on the back burner and let it simmer for a few months.
    Love Gothic and Pirahana ,, but also gonna let them shine this up a bit ..
    Iselinimmodium
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    https://www.gamespace.com/featured/elex-review/

I found it very rough too, though weirdly compelling...enough to give it a 7 despite everything. There's really a fun game there for people who like open world, no hand-holding and unique combat. Turn the sound off and just read the quests (voice acting is abysmal) and try to ignore visual glitches (most seen in dialog convos with NPCs) and you'll find a game that grabs you despite your wanting to chuck it all in at first. Stick with it.

That said, at $50, I'm just not sure it's worth it -- yet. I think that with time and patching, ELEX could end up being something pretty cool for people of a certain sort. It's not for everyone, but it should find its niche.
    ScorchienIselinTokkenYashaXConstantineMerus

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Scorchien said:
    Iselin said:
    Love Gothic and Pirahana ,, but also gonna let them shine this up a bit ..
    Yeah I loved Gothic back in the day.

And I have zero problems with scifi/fantasy convergence... heck Terry Brooks did it decades ago with Shannara and even Bethesda is currently toying with the idea of franchise convergence where Fallout is actually ancient history of the Elder Scrolls universe (sort of gives a little bit of extra oomph to the Dwemer mystery :) )

This thing has potential but sounds like several systems need a few passes.

Scorchien
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

SBFord said:
    https://www.gamespace.com/featured/elex-review/

I found it very rough too, though weirdly compelling...enough to give it a 7 despite everything. There's really a fun game there for people who like open world, no hand-holding and unique combat. Turn the sound off and just read the quests (voice acting is abysmal) and try to ignore visual glitches (most seen in dialog convos with NPCs) and you'll find a game that grabs you despite your wanting to chuck it all in at first. Stick with it.

That said, at $50, I'm just not sure it's worth it -- yet. I think that with time and patching, ELEX could end up being something pretty cool for people of a certain sort. It's not for everyone, but it should find its niche.
    I read your review through a link from Metacritic... it pays to be quick off the mark with reviews to get visibility. Good on you, Gamespace has arrived!  :)
    SBFordConstantineMerus

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    I'll keep an eye on this one.  Maybe wait for a steam sale.  $50 is too much for this unpolished game.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    It looks pretty awesome and its on my wishlist. From the sounds of it, its pretty much an early access game but I don't see anywhere that says it. For 50 dollars, that is too expensive for an early access game. But if its actually a full release, I think that is a mistake...

It looks great, but from the reviews/videos and the review on gamespace...sure a lot of lack of polish and problems for a 50 dollar full release game...or is it early access and I'm missing it?

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I honestly want this game to be in early access because it honestly has a lot of potential and could be a lot better if given more time. I feel like they are kind of shooting themselves in the foot by not taking a 20$ buy in to EA then release in about a year with more content and then maybe try for even 60 on release.