Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chronicles of Elyria - Snipehunter Joins Soulbound Studios as Lead Designer - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageChronicles of Elyria - Snipehunter Joins Soulbound Studios as Lead Designer - MMORPG.com

Today, Soulbound Studios announced the hiring of Adam "Snipehunter" Maxwell as the Lead Designer on Chronicles of Elyria. We sat down with the former Rift, Star Citizen, and Revival game maker to chat about what he's bringing to the table for Soulbound's premiere MMORPG.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173
    This is pretty damn exciting! As a KS backer of CoE as well as a fan and follower of Adam Maxwell, I find myself newly challenged to get up to speed on the systems in place and how development is progressing. Looking forward to being in that alpha!
    TekkonmystichazeArghimo
  • HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    Woohoo! Super excited to have another Adam on board - especially this one!! Go Elyria go!!
    Tekkonmystichaze
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    What a track record... Star Citizen... and of all games... Revival.

FistoftheSouthStarJamesGoblinJaedorTekkonmystichazeArghimo

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Well,  he clearly has a solid background on what not to do.

KumaponSlapshot1188blastermasterNyteWytchKanethValkyrieMadFrenchieSpottyGekkoConstantineMerusJamesGoblin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    The only meaningful information mentioned in the chat was VoxElyria at end of the year.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005
    They didn't have a lead designer until Tuesday?
    kjempffSlapshot1188
  • MrTugglesMrTuggles Member UncommonPosts: 188
    edited October 2017

7174 posts, and not one constructive one...
    Tekkonmystichaze
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    dontadow said:
    And funny enough the original schedule said the game will release end of this year and Caspian mocked people who doubted that.

I guess he made a typo back then and confused START and FINISH.
    Slapshot1188
    Harbinger of Fools
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611

dontadow said:

beat me to it.

But yeah after making a living off the money people send in without a game the guy definitely should know all the answers. he has been around some of the best at saying what people want to hear.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    MrTuggles said:

Strike one... care to try again?
    Maybe on the topic this time? 

Here... I will help you:

Do you find it strange that they are just hiring a "lead designer" now when up until a few weeks ago they were publicly targeting this timeframe for the start of their no wipe head start with full launch to follow by years end?

Are you alarmed that he most recently worked on StarCitizen and a Revival?  Both of which had.... troubled development histories and one of which totally failed?

JamesGoblin

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• FistoftheSouthStarFistoftheSouthStar Member CommonPosts: 1

I don't know if I should feel bad for the studio or Adam. The guy worked on some of the worst games. He would display a boxed copy or poster of Auto Assault on their Revival live streams. I played it years ago and it shut down in months. Revival is a sad story about all the customers that fell for the "This is our passion project." They abandoned the customers and game.

I guess its a good match.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    MrTuggles said:

Strike one... care to try again?
    Maybe on the topic this time? 

Here... I will help you:

Do you find it strange that they are just hiring a "lead designer" now when up until a few weeks ago they were publicly targeting this timeframe for the start of their no wipe head start with full launch to follow by years end?

Are you alarmed that he most recently worked on StarCitizen and a Revival?  Both of which had.... troubled development histories and one of which totally failed?

Shhhh....  Crowdfunded MMORPGs are gonna bring on the gaming Renaissance...  So any amount of skepticism or doubt is simply you trying to prevent gamers from entering that glorious Utopia, set to release in 2014- err 2015- I mean 2016-no, 2017- shit, I meant 2018!  Yeah!
    JamesGoblin

• YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677
    In summer 2016 I foresaw Snipehunter joining CoE after the fall of Revival. I even had a whole forum post on this precise topic over a year ago on CoE forum. Nice to see the prediction come true. :)
    francis_baud
    Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
    * more info, screenshots and videos here

• UlfnaorUlfnaor Member CommonPosts: 1
    Glad to see Snipehunter with CoE. I just hope that he can break his terrible track record of going from one failed project to another.
    Arghimo
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Third time's a charm.
    Iselin
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • AUNE2018AUNE2018 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    I am so excited for this game! I helped kickstart this game way back when, then moved to a place with satellite internet, so it's the first time I'm happy to see a game release date get pushed back...it gives me time to move somewhere with (real) internet.