Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warframe Plains of Eidolon Expansion Disappointing... Avoid.

sanskritsanskrit Member UncommonPosts: 95

Massive grind for low rewards and departure from the core game (space ninjas operating within powerful "warframes") to more and more side games such as forced fishing (yeah... fishing... LOL), mining, and most of all the requirement to play as a weak emo teenager to do the new content  makes this a giant dud. Avoid.

New players will have no clue about all the required unfun side games and grinds until they are hooked and spending money.

Warframe used to be a pretty good game. Now it is just a conglomeration of inferior console-like side games. The game shouldn't even be called Warframe any more but "Console Kiddies in Space."

Also avoid their forums if you want an accurate assessment or feedback on the game. Full of white knight/fanboi FB friends of the game and the company, even mild criticism is likely to be heavily edited or outright censored under the grounds of being "not constructive."

TheScavengerGdemamigandlesBruceYeeandredocZandog

Comments

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    sanskrit said:

Also avoid their forums if you want an accurate assessment or feedback on the game. Full of white knight/fanboi FB friends of the game and the company, even mild criticism is likely to be heavily edited or outright censored under the grounds of being "not constructive."

So in other words "avoid the forums because people like the game and I hate the game, no ones opinion matters but mine. I can't stand people having a different opinion of mine and how dare they have fun!
    ShodanasZandog

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• sanskritsanskrit Member UncommonPosts: 95
    edited October 2017

Big on the straw man fallacy I see, that seems the favorite fallacy on gaming forums. Thanks for the bump though! and ironically proving my point.

Did you have anything topical to post? Or just the off-topic fallacy?

GdemamiTheScavenger
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Sounds like you got booted from the official forums or something lol posts like these usually pop up when something like that happens to them. There's always going to be people who like and dislike the same thing.
    TheScavenger

More straw man, did you have anything to say about the actual topic, or just beating the fallacy dead horse that I've already beaten once? But thanks for the bump!

TheScavenger
  • halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 531
    edited October 2017
    sanskrit said:

Massive grind for low rewards and departure from the core game (space ninjas operating within powerful "warframes") to more and more side games such as forced fishing (yeah... fishing... LOL), mining, and most of all the requirement to play as a weak emo teenager to do the new content  makes this a giant dud. Avoid.

New players will have no clue about all the required unfun side games and grinds until they are hooked and spending money.

Warframe used to be a pretty good game. Now it is just a conglomeration of inferior console-like side games. The game shouldn't even be called Warframe any more but "Console Kiddies in Space."

This guy obviously got booted out of the main forums because he's a troll.

Can the MMORPG.com guys doing something about this? He's obviously just trying to bait an argument. This dude belongs on r/iamverysmart more than here.
    TheScavenger
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Thanks for letting me know about the fishing and mining. Will definitely give it a shot now.
    TheScavengerSBFordLucienReneandredocConstantineMerusZandogPurplePoloPlayer
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited October 2017
    It's a 'free' game.  That means the grind is real.  Anyone not expecting a grind from such a game is going to be disappointed.  The majority of people who play the game enjoy it.  When you stop enjoying a game you should stop playing it.  And stop trying to tell people on the official forums that they shouldn't play it either.  

The majority of in game chat is is mostly focused on passing on information about the game to others.  There is a fair amount of criticism but if all you have to say is 'the game sucks, don't play it'  then you'll be ignored or told to stop playing the game you think sucks.

There are trade and LFG channels for other chat.  There are volunteer chat moderators that keep the chat focused on those channels in the appropriate channel.  There are also auto kick chat bots for spammers.  These chat bots also keep out all virtual currency and level servicing spam.  And for a free game there surprisingly little trolling in chat or in the official forums.

RidelynnTheScavenger
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    You keep saying "Straw Man", but I don't think you really know what that means.

It's like my son, who, literally, says "literally" after every statement. 
    TheScavengerConstantineMerus
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Well, this thread did do something useful. Made me look at Warframe on Steam, read a bit about it and now I'm giving it a try. Somehow never heard of Warframe or glanced it by lol. Seems same experience in this thread that happened to Forgrimm lol
    SovrathConstantineMerus

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Well, this thread did do something useful. Made me look at Warframe on Steam, read a bit about it and now I'm giving it a try. Somehow never heard of Warframe or glanced it by lol. Seems same experience in this thread that happened to Forgrimm lol
    Same thing, more or less - reD/Led it on the PS4. Yeah, it's grindy, but more fun of a grind than Destiny 2 and it's free. 
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,809
    Ridelynn said:

The Strawman Argument may not apply to every counter in this thread but there is plenty of Ad Hominem to go around.

The posts from The Scavenger, Albatroes and halfmystic are just Ad Hominem attacks.

I havent played Plains of Eidolon yet but when the counter-arguments being presented here are all Strawmans and Ad Hominems then I have to think that he has a point because no one has bothered to write a proper counter to refute his claims.
    Ridelynn
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Ridelynn said:

The straw man fallacy is making an argument against something that somewhat pertains to what you were arguing about but not really. It is more like misinterpreting the argument and then arguing against that misinterpretation. 

An example:

Zebedee: What is your view on the Christian God?

Mike: I don’t believe in any gods, including the Christian one.

Zebedee: So you think that we are here by accident, and all this design in nature is pure chance, and the universe just created itself?

Mike: You got all that from me stating that I just don’t believe in any gods?

Zebedee did the straw man fallacy. 

I think Scavenger just attacked the messenger as well as performed a straw man on the last paragraph. 

What is not a fallacy is that i'm being a complete douchebag right now. It was also kind of a funny reply by Scavenger though, the straw man was funny, it made me chuckle. 

Also, i'd get annoyed if my son said "literally" after everything. I had a professor once say "per se" like every 4th sentence. It was annoying as hell. 

On to Warframe, I don't play it, but my bro does. Let me ask him what he thinks of the new expansion. FAIL!!. The expac is for PC and my bro plays on xbox so he doesn't know :)

Cryomatrix

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Xiaoki said:
    Ridelynn said:

The Strawman Argument may not apply to every counter in this thread but there is plenty of Ad Hominem to go around.

The posts from The Scavenger, Albatroes and halfmystic are just Ad Hominem attacks.

I havent played Plains of Eidolon yet but when the counter-arguments being presented here are all Strawmans and Ad Hominems then I have to think that he has a point because no one has bothered to write a proper counter to refute his claims.
    It is not like the OP put any significant effort into supporting his claims, why would anyone put effort in to refuting them? 
    TheScavengerConstantineMerus
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,454
    sanskrit said:

TLDR version:

I don't like to grind for stuff in a free game and I trolled the official forums and my conduct got me banned/suspended.
    TheScavengerSBFordLucienReneConstantineMerus

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• polkipolki Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Disappointed that there are no "salty"/"mad" button on MMORPG's forums
  • RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
    Jesus ... can someone actually review the new expac? I enjoyed the heck out of a Warframe .. the open world looks fun but im waiting to dive in.

• jackocompjackocomp Member UncommonPosts: 50
    To the OP.

I have to agree with what you have said only I have been playing the game since day 1 of the servers opening (In CB etc). (I have a collection of frames that atm numbers 32 & a heap of weapons, mainly Prime & Others obtained from EVENTS.)
    The game has been slowly moving away from what it started out to be & I guess that's just the way it is.
    Unfortunately sometimes games do this sort of thing & change from what they originally started out to be. Sometimes it's a Good thing sometimes not so good. B) >:)

DE by adding some of the newer content they have added have created a situation where even I struggle to understand WTF am supposed to be doing to get access to certain things, so I sort of wonder how complicated it is for a NEW PLAYER of the game?
    Also spending REAL $ on the game is interesting cause you can earn Platinum by trading Prime parts etc to other players for Platinum. However unless you have been lucky most of the stuff you will have as a NEW PLAYER won't be worth very much at all.

Anyway I say let people find out for themselves what it is like, that way there can be no denying it........

BruceYeesanskrit
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    I'm still gonna give it a go at some point, because I'm bored, and hopping games is the only thing stopping me from masturbating.
    Cryomatrix
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,454
    jackocomp said:
    To the OP.

I have to agree with what you have said only I have been playing the game since day 1 of the servers opening (In CB etc). (I have a collection of frames that atm numbers 32 & a heap of weapons, mainly Prime & Others obtained from EVENTS.)
    The game has been slowly moving away from what it started out to be & I guess that's just the way it is.
    Unfortunately sometimes games do this sort of thing & change from what they originally started out to be. Sometimes it's a Good thing sometimes not so good. B) >:)

DE by adding some of the newer content they have added have created a situation where even I struggle to understand WTF am supposed to be doing to get access to certain things, so I sort of wonder how complicated it is for a NEW PLAYER of the game?
    Also spending REAL $ on the game is interesting cause you can earn Platinum by trading Prime parts etc to other players for Platinum. However unless you have been lucky most of the stuff you will have as a NEW PLAYER won't be worth very much at all.

Anyway I say let people find out for themselves what it is like, that way there can be no denying it........

It can be confusing for new players and returning players like me because there is so much to do and there's not much in game guidance on how to do it.  Thankfully, there's lots of stuff out there from other players to get info from.  I'm still trying to figure everything out but I have been having fun and their f2p model is pretty fair IMO.  If anyone is a fan of these types of games, I highly recommend at least checking it out.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

sanskrit said:

This guy obviously got booted out of the main forums because he's a troll.

Can the MMORPG.com guys doing something about this? He's obviously just trying to bait an argument. This dude belongs on r/iamverysmart more than here.

Moar straw man please?  Did you have -anything- to say about the topic?
    TheScavenger
    edited October 2017
    Ginaz said:
    sanskrit said:

TLDR version:

I don't like to grind for stuff in a free game and I trolled the official forums and my conduct got me banned/suspended.

Oh the straw man is stronk. I am not, and have not been "banned" from the official forums. Just logged in to check. DID YOU OR THE OTHER TROLLS OF THE THREAD HAVE ANYTHING TOPICAL TO SAY? e.g. "I think the expansion is great because XYZ?"

TheScavenger
    edited October 2017
    Redemp said:
    Jesus ... can someone actually review the new expac? I enjoyed the heck out of a Warframe .. the open world looks fun but im waiting to dive in.

You won't be using a warframe to do the new content. You will be playing lots of side games. Or you won't play the game at all. It's that simple.

Some of the replies to my thread are Q.E.D. of the problem with trying to give any negative feedback on WF whatsoever. Any adult reading this thread can see the brigading/concern trolling problem.

TheScavenger
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Ghavrigg said:
    I'm still gonna give it a go at some point, because I'm bored, and hopping games is the only thing stopping me from masturbating.
    One of the best posts i've ever read. It doesn't stop me though :(

Cryomatrix
    StjerneoddGhavrigg
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations.