Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bungie Reveals PC Launch Times & Updated System Specs - Destiny 2 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageBungie Reveals PC Launch Times & Updated System Specs - Destiny 2 - MMORPG.com

Destiny 2 News - The latest This Week at Bungie has been published that should twitterpate a lot of Destiny PC players. The official worldwide launch times are now available with the bottom line being that everyone will start at the same time (10:00 am Pacific / 1:00 pm Eastern) on October 24th. In addition, Bungie has updated both the minimum and recommended specs for the game with alterations since the end of the recent open beta event.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    I really despise weekday launches, why don't companies launch on Friday so we can make it a good long weekend :) Bungie isn't alone in this, seems like lots of good titles have released during the week.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Elvoc said:
    I really despise weekday launches, why don't companies launch on Friday so we can make it a good long weekend :) Bungie isn't alone in this, seems like lots of good titles have released during the week.
    Video games, DVD's, and CD's almost always release on Tuesdays in the US. Been that way for years.
    SBFord[Deleted User]ConstantineMerusKyleranMrMelGibsonOctagon7711
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Hope everyone's' wallets are ready
    Octagon7711
  • MateriaNZMateriaNZ Member CommonPosts: 1
    Sooo, 6AM here in lil' old New Zealand, sweet!
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Things to know for the PC players:
    -Story is great but very short and feels like an expansion of D1.
    -In Crucible(PvP) most will use scout rifle(single shooting rifle) and some will whore heavy ammo for the sword(one shot kill) so watch them corners cause in sword mode you're in 3rd person and can see behind corners without being seen.
    -RNG for drops so if you're waiting for legs armor it might give you just weapons all the time or every other slot but legs, so keep trying.
    -Making multiple characters of same class so you gear up quicker wont help you bungie made it so only 1 of those characters will get the powerful gear rewards the other 2 will open powerful gear rewards only to get regular 10 levels lower than your level gear.
    -The game is very addicting speacialy with a group of friends.
    -The game has aim assist so in PvP if 2 enemy players are in front of you you wont be able to kill any the aim will move between them and getting shot by 2 anyways gets you killed almost instantly.
    I started since beta on PS4 and still playing did the story 9 times so far it takes 6 hours or less to beat if in group (did it 9 times cause I missed some weapon rewards and wanted to get them all plus tried to have all same class and was getting shit drops so now have all 3 classes at cap)
    [Deleted User]Octagon7711ElvocKyleranonelesslightCryolitycalIRandomdino2005
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Aim assist in pvp?!
  • volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    i doubt aim assist will be on pc version usually used for console fps games but i guess we will see
  • epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Aim assist was definitely an option in the beta and it needs to be disabled for PC use. Right now a XIM4, or there's even an emulator that can trick the game into thinking you're using a controller but you're really using KB+M *AND* aim assist is on. It's definitely OP as hell and has to go bye bye otherwise PVP is going to be a mess.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I am definitely taking an afternoon off. 
    XeroKnightOctagon7711Elvoc

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited October 2017

Elvoc said:

They know most people will be at work or the servers would crash with everyone trying to start the weekend by logging in as soon as possible. At least in my time zone...

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Torval said:
    DeadSpock said:

-The game has aim assist so in PvP if 2 enemy players are in front of you you wont be able to kill any the aim will move between them and getting shot by 2 anyways gets you killed almost instantly.

What about quick scope? Does that work? Not that I'm good at pulling it off. Just asking.

Not many use sniper rifles as they are not as good as in Destiny 1 plus they moved from 2ndary weapon to power weapons which requires heavy ammo(you have none in pvp have to get them as they spawn but most time you get shot in the back trying to get them).
    Personally I think quick scoping a skill of said player not something the game offers you but usually I see it in call of duty games.
    [Deleted User]
  • eruexeeruexe Member UncommonPosts: 40

AMD R9 390 8GB or Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB or GTS 1060 6GB

GTS eh.. lol
    Pieotus
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

epoq said:

Aim assist was definitely an option in the beta and it needs to be disabled for PC use. Right now a XIM4, or there's even an emulator that can trick the game into thinking you're using a controller but you're really using KB+M *AND* aim assist is on. It's definitely OP as hell and has to go bye bye otherwise PVP is going to be a mess.

Aim assist is fucking terrible for shooting moving targets though. You cant even lead your shots with that shot and actually miss more XD
    As nice as it is for controllers.. with a kb/mouse you do not always want something that pulls your aim straight towards the enemy instead of allowing free shooting.. especially when stuff has traveltime.
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    edited October 2017

Torval said:

Rhoklaw said:

Elvoc said:

They know most people will be at work or the servers would crash with everyone trying to start the weekend by logging in as soon as possible.

At least in my time zone...

That and who wants to work all weekend fixing servers? I'd rather do that during the workweek too, lol.

I was thinking of it from that perspective too. From a business, developer, and IT perspective there are all the reasons in the world to launch on a Tuesday and not a single good one to do it on Friday. :smiley:

The single good one is that if it's on Friday evening a lot more people will be free and want to play the game which in turn would increase the hype which in turn would make those that weren't sure if they want to buy the game and those that don't want to buy the game to get caught up in the hype and buy it just to realize 1 week later that they made a mistake and didn't want to buy the game. That and the fact that I'm sure Bunggie can afford to work on Saturday/Sunday once every few years, but that's only if they care about profits and logic.
    I don't see how any sane company would miss on millions just because they want their Saturday and Sunday to be free, which we all know won't happen because; 1. there will be issues that need fixing, 2. during the weekend I'm sure that they will have server problems all the same.

Edit: Also yeah there was autoaim during the beta which just baffled me... Why is there such an option for PC. They really need to remove it ASAP.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    i was interested in Destiny 2 just to keep me busy till Code Vein and monster hunter next year but destiny is not good enough yet imo.
    Phry
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Elvoc said:
    I imagine another minor reason is that their servers probably get some time to relax since some people have school/work in the morning.  On a friday, those servers would be slammed all weekend.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Raquis said:
    i was interested in Destiny 2 just to keep me busy till Code Vein and monster hunter next year but destiny is not good enough yet imo.
    I bought the original Destiny after a few DLC's had been released, almost a year i think. Destiny 2 may well be a game i'll buy in 6+ months time, i have a feeling that there are going to be issues with the game as regards to content, just like there was with the first Destiny.
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 736
    What if the pc version has the racist gloves? Literally unplayable
    Cryolitycal
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    And this is relevant only to try to trash the thread with the political garbage from last month? Please don't.
    simsalabim77[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

winghaven1 said:

Found the guy who's offended by other people being offended :D
  • RedMachine72RedMachine72 Member UncommonPosts: 154

voltt said:

i doubt aim assist will be on pc version usually used for console fps games but i guess we will see

Should not have been in Battlefield 1 and yet it was there.
    Octagon7711