Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mike Laidlaw Leaves BioWare After More Than a Decade - Dragon Age: Inquisition - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageMike Laidlaw Leaves BioWare After More Than a Decade - Dragon Age: Inquisition - MMORPG.com

Dragon Age: Inquisition News - Mike Laidlaw is is leaving BioWare after fourteen years with the company. He had an instrumental part in the development of Jade Empire, Mass Effect and most notably in the Dragon Age series. He offers no explanation about where he's headed, though he says that he plans to "reconnect with all the amazing games and worlds that my peers have created". What this means for Dragon Age remains unknown though he expressed confidence that the world "we've created together is in good hands".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Lambon23Lambon23 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Hopefully he left to escape the SJW's grasp. They ruin everything they touch.
    God speed if so Mike.
    IosevusTuor7OrthelianIselinTheScavengerBillMurphyinfomatzShaighThupliRelampagoand 3 others.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited October 2017
    Lambon23 said:
    Hopefully he left to escape the SJW's grasp. They ruin everything they touch.
    God speed if so Mike.
    Would you PLEASE not bring politics to this thread. It'd be nice to actually have it stay open. If people can't refrain from personal political agendas on either side, then it will be closed.

Let's all try to be grown ups and apply impulse control filters.
    CazrielinfomatzRelampagoLiljnaTaneon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Hopefully he is going somewhere he can make what he wants. I'm sure he just got bored of being with the same company for an extremely long time, I wonder what he can help make elsewhere.
    SBFord[Deleted User]
  • OrthelianOrthelian Member UncommonPosts: 1,034
    As much as I'd like to think something else, it sounds like joining Gaider at Beamdog, to me.
    SBFord

Favorites: EQEVE | Playing: None. Mostly VR and strategy | Anticipating: CUPantheon
  • BakgrindBakgrind Member UncommonPosts: 423
    Best of luck to him for his future endeavors. Not to sure how to take the news since it really isn't at all surprising. Only time will tell if it will be good or bad for all the projects he was apart of at Bioware.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Torval said:
    They've been making the same kind of games that entire time with the same IPs. I'm sure it will be exciting to explore new paths.
    Yeah, making that many so similar games for 14 years is more then enough (but it could be worse, he could have worked for Maxis). Let's hope he get to make something rather different. :)
    [Deleted User]