Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars Battlefront II's Crate & Progression Systems Being Eyeballed for Change - MMORPG.com New

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageStar Wars Battlefront II's Crate & Progression Systems Being Eyeballed for Change - MMORPG.com News

The Star Wars Battlefront II multiplayer beta ended earlier this week. While it garnered a lot of interest in general, it also earned a ton of feedback surrounding both the crate system and the progression system. Both are, according to a new blog post from EA, under the microscope for big changes prior to launch.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Itchen1000Itchen1000 Member UncommonPosts: 17
    edited October 2017
    Oh sure the full system was not in the beta..*cough* *cough* I mean really they're making a STARWARS game .EA are not stupid they just want your wallet . . . Oh Third
    Mensur
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    edited October 2017
    Albatroes said:
    First
    Troll much?

Have to wait and see if they keep their promise.  The pay-to-win aspect seems to leak into many of these games after release.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2017

Ozmodan said:

Albatroes said:

First

Troll much?

Have to wait and see if they keep their promise.  The pay-to-win aspect seems to leak into many of these games after release.

Typing first is considered trolling now? I can't keep up anymore. But to your point, that is important. The Forza 7 thing got fixed after enough back lash so I'd personally like to see the pitchforks after the product goes live. EA is a special kind of crazy though. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they have like 150~200$ special edition packages for Battlefield 1 that didn't even include the game?
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Albatroes said:

Ozmodan said:

Albatroes said:

First

Troll much?

Typing first is considered trolling now? I can't keep up anymore.

Uhhhh yea? Your posting and not contributing in anyway. By very definition, a troll post.

Glad to see EA making changes. Sad that EA got Star Wars. Still hoping Disney changes that but can't help but appreciate the amount of money EA is able to shill people out of (look at those Sports cards they got people collecting in a freaking sports game). Silliness.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I remember playing KOTOR for the first time. I really loved the deep well written story and they had me. The story was pretty much the strong point of every Star Wars game. The story doesn't seem to be the strong point of these games anymore.
    Alomar

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    The change should include burying the concept forever and firing the person who signed off on it in the first place.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited October 2017
    salty, since when has this site become so serious? A few firsts and seconds and damn crackdown. Is there something offensive about saying hello in your own way/
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    stay salty - quickmeme
    BruceYeeAsheram

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Geddon95405Geddon95405 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    incredibly slow leveling, extremely time intensive achievements for unlocks, lootbox system that contains MASSIVE shortcuts to power increases

would advise most everyone to wait til the game hits $20. Map packs are included in the purchase price so DICE has pulled out all the stops for motivating lootbox purchases.

the progression system is simply awful and predatory

I try to imagine how it might be if DICE cared about fun and gameplay value rather than lootbox motivated behavior modification.

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women...

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Soooo... It is a "first pass" that maaaaayybe just happen to get it´s second pass in a few weeks once the initial rush has passed... Once the really competitive people have their fill of cards...

Yeah... I think i will "pass" on this game until it has all it´s content in place. Then i will know how many "passes" the loot system took.

But me thinks that EA knows that one does not make a P2W system by mistake.

This have been a good conversation

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 736
    Shit calm down everyone it isn't out yet lets wait and see. The world isn't ending
    Phry
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    Just go back to DLC's but instead of making it small content that doesnt feel like an expansion, make it into an expansion.

Or just make battlefront 3, and if its a stand alone game then it should feel like a full game. So it should have what people expect. And I think people's expectations are quite reasonable.

The cash shop should be for customization, and not feel like p2w.

So they can have a cash shop but not in the way they have it set up.

And if its also an issue of content, they should allow for player made content, to make custom maps and possibly other kinds of content.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I read EA's spokesman excuses and wow they are defending themselves more than admitting fault.
    They claim it is ok because you need a certain level of gameplay to unlock them anyhow.Well they avoided the point altogether,you might have the high enough level but what if you don't have the cards?

As well they said something about,oh if you get a double card you can get crafting parts,to which Angry Joe addressed with you don't get enough parts.

This would prove as well why pre-orders are so lame,you are already willing to accept gamer's money for a product not out of testing.

As well changes to the team based pvp i assume they were talking about,another reason why i have lost interest in pvp games.Tweaking and nerfs/changes will go on forever or until EA gets all the money it expects,then won't care anymore,but i guess selling CS items,it needs to keep players around.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Progression in the game is 100% centered on the contents of loot crates, to change anything at this point would be extremely difficult and time consuming, because it would mean they would have to rework the progression system itself, no question however, the game is a mess because of the choice of progression systems enough so that it may well be a deal breaker for many, but having a progression system that is based on how many loot crates you've opened/obtained was a recipe for disaster, it was a crap move that was entirely based on greed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5PjKe_nLcs
    Pretty good gaming have covered a lot of these issues, but not the only youtubers to do so, the situation has got so bad that everyone is talking about how bad it is, i have no doubt that this is the only reason why EA is perhaps suggesting they will address this, but i don't believe them personally, i think its just a feeble attempt at damage control.
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    the system is going to stay the same, they are just probably looking through their metrics to see how much they can increase the price per crate. . .
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Been following this news all week. I'm absolutely disgusted how far our corporatized industry has fallen. Very few good apples left, Battlefront 1 was yet another shameful unfinished and half-assed EA game. Yet, these aren't your typical Mass Effect or Battlefield IP's this is freaking Star Wars. Nothing is sacred anymore, Ima go stare at a Witcher 3 poster and use the force to make The Witcher 4 come out sooner.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • LordMockeryLordMockery Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I guess we will have to wait and see if they cut it up like Destiny 1/2...