Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Interview With Yakaru

rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
This could be an interesting interview. 5pm PST / 1am CET

laxie

Comments

• OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    edited October 2017
    They contacted her in 2013?
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Yep, that was when she visited. I'm interested in hearing what she has to say given her career position. The normal site visit reports come from ultra fans and media looking for page clicks. Thought this might be a bit better.
    edited October 2017
    Yep, that was when she visited. I'm interested in hearing what she has to say given her career position. The normal site visit reports come from ultra fans and media looking for page clicks. Thought this might be a bit better.
    I am also interested. Although I can't help feeling that this isn't coming from a neutral perspective at all and I wonder how relevant a site visit 4 years ago when there was probably a small number of people around can be. I am pretty biased against people who give money to back a project though then ask for it back, it's a little twisted.
    Excession
    I imagine it will one of those things which you have to take with a pinch of salt. Failure2report seemed quite level headed originally but now he sounds like he has a bit of an agenda going on, this interview could be nothing more than him seeking a viewer count bump on twitch.
    It'll be interesting to see how he conducts his interview and if he tries to manipulate it to get maximum drama or whether he just lets it go where it wants to go.
    Orinori
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Not sure if he's excited in a good way or a bad way.

..Cake..

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Why would you think it is twisted if someone after time changes their mind?

When you back "a project"you are backing at that time,what you believe is the direction of the game.If the developer does something to CHANGE that direction and make you as a supporter feel like you were duped,then it most certainly is not twisted,i call that common sense in asking for your money back.
    I think what you are referring to here is a one sided argument that just because the developer forms some document on a kickstarter in conjunction with their lawyers that it is somehow steadfast and fully honest in it's intent.

It is quite common if not always for a developer to put on a salesmen act as well pay money to others,streamers,you tubers,websites to help endorse/advertise their products.So to think someone is not within their right to gain knowledge and learn over time and then realize they both made a mistake and the developer was not being totally honest is just wrong.
    As to this interview ??
    My gut says Chris will have to be there,i feel he is afraid of anything leaking out or said in the wrong light,so he has to be there to make sure things go right for SC.I could be wrong,we will see as well we will see what kind of pampering or questions are asked.What is common knowledge is that almost always the questions are sent in BEFORE the interview to be approved by the developer/interviewee.

Even in live web chat formats,they still pick and choose what questions to ask,not that i am saying that is not fair,just very biased and predictable outcomes.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited October 2017
    Wizardry said:
    Why would you think it is twisted if someone after time changes their mind?

pledged for space game, getting space game. Its a bit like giving money to some guy who needs a wheelchair so he can build one for himself, then you visit halfway through the project and decide you don't like the design and it isn't what you thought they were going to do and demand all the money back! Heartless, totally heartless!
    ExcessionTalonsin
  • spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    Ok then. Will wait for the cliff notes version.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    The link in the OP is a "viewer count bump" attempt. Twitch streamers need to eat too ;-)

Once the real interview has taken place, wake me up if something juicy has been discussed.

Have fun
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    As small as the game industry is, I wonder what her motivation is for doing an interview like this.  Surely her current employer Amazon wont be happy about her talking badly about one of their partnered projects.  This youtuber sure didnt pay her enough to sabotage her career.  I dont think this interview will be as bad for CIG as people suspect.  I think she will just talk about delays and issues with the tech moving forward.
    rpmcmurphy
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Talonsin said:
    As small as the game industry is, I wonder what her motivation is for doing an interview like this.  Surely her current employer Amazon wont be happy about her talking badly about one of their partnered projects.  This youtuber sure didnt pay her enough to sabotage her career.  I dont think this interview will be as bad for CIG as people suspect.  I think she will just talk about delays and issues with the tech moving forward.

Are you kidding? I'm pretty sure that Star Citizen eats bad press for breakfast. I'd be more concerned if there wasn't any bad press :) 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    CrazKanuk said:
    Talonsin said:

Are you kidding? I'm pretty sure that Star Citizen eats bad press for breakfast. I'd be more concerned if there wasn't any bad press :) 
     Whoa there tiger...  Where did I say this would be bad press for CIG?  When I read this:

" I dont think this interview will be as bad for CIG as people suspect."

I take that as this will NOT be bad press.  I am assuming she will just discuss the issues with tech and the things they are trying to do.  No where do I even insinuate this will be bad press for CIG. 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Talonsin said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Talonsin said:

Whoa there tiger...  Where did I say this would be bad press for CIG?  When I read this:

" I dont think this interview will be as bad for CIG as people suspect."

I take that as this will NOT be bad press.  I am assuming she will just discuss the issues with tech and the things they are trying to do.  No where do I even insinuate this will be bad press for CIG. 

Yeah, that was me agreeing with you. It was more tongue-in-cheek and less attack on you. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

I am ....

underwhelmed :-)

And somewhere ;-) someone ;-) is having a meltdown because of it .. and is calling names (A LOT)

Have fun
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:
    I am ....

underwhelmed :-)

And somewhere ;-) someone ;-) is having a meltdown because of it .. and is calling names (A LOT)

Have fun
    You know saying Derek Smarts name won't cause you to spontaneously combust right?
    After the teaser video was removed .. and  the interview cancelled on short notice ...
    such juicy bits like the following love messages reached the twitch streamer guy:

>>> Own this shit, and take it LIKE A MAN!  >>>

>>> This is bullshit. And you're a coward. And a fool. >>>

>>> This is precisely why you don't send a boy to do a man's job.  >>>

More popcorn please !! ;-)

Have fun
    "This....This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things."

I think someone somewhere just gained a "friend for life" ;-)

Have fun
    edited October 2017
    Well this turned out to be amusing, FailureToReport failing to make a report....

I'm not sure what he expected to happen with his claims of having inside knowledge and information about the project that no one had heard before. In the 1st video he sounded gleeful about the gossip he was going to spread.

I haven't been following the back and forth between him and DS but it sounds like a real handbags at dawn scenario, laying the blame on someone else for his own decision to chicken out is pretty sad, he was the one that made the announcement video which was obviously going to attract divisive opinions. No idea what DS's game is though, why did he care so much about what this guy was doing?