Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soloist Mione Does It Again - This Time Gul'Dan Falls in Nighthold - World of Warcraft Videos - MMOR

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageSoloist Mione Does It Again - This Time Gul'Dan Falls in Nighthold - World of Warcraft Videos - MMORPG.com

Gul'Dan is the final boss in the Nighthold raid in World of Warcraft: Legion. To say he has been problematic for many guilds is to understate his complex mechanics. That doesn't stop Vengeance Demon Hunter extraordinaire, Mione.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2017
    I guess this is news for someone. I'd like to think that some japanese players in FFXIV are selling some of the new housing plots for real money would be more news worthy though.
    SBFordjimmywolfBlacklabelcali
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Albatroes said:
    I guess this is news for someone. I'd like to think that some japanese players in FFXIV are selling some of the new housing plots for real money would be more news worthy though.
    Like that's anything new in online gaming? Been happening since the dawn of Diablo 1 in 1996. To each his own. 
    Ghavrigg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    OK, so this is what I thought of when I read this.

How to Put MMO Experience on a Resume

With such renowned institutions as IBM and Harvard suggesting that many traits displayed by dedicated players of massively multiplayer games are key to successful business leadership, Massively reporter Cameron Sorden has a radical suggestion: put that experience on your resume.

As with any resume addition, the trick is to highlight the qualities that employers seek. Sure, raiding in World of Warcraft gives you sweet loot, but it also shows long-term planning, dedication, and the ability to work well with others. And if you're just getting into the job market and don't have a lot of relevant experience, this could be a huge help:

Guild Member, World of Warcraft
    Participated as a member of a raiding guild over a two-year period. Consistently demonstrated punctuality, patience, good communication skills, and a team-oriented attitude to overcome shared challenges in a group setting.

"At the very least it makes your resume a little more interesting," Sorden noted. "It never hurts to stand out from the crowd when you're trying to get noticed." Just remember that, even in the virtual world, not everyone makes a good leader.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/52651/how-to-put-mmo-experience

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I been saying it awhile now,games are attracting people not on merit but on platforms to BRAG.
    People playing these moba's to get  ranks,platinum..gold whatever,hearthstone to get legend,soon they get legend they seldom care anymore.Diablo ladder rankings,remove that superficial bragging nonsense and likely nobody cares.

Seriously though,content is meant to be finished,is it really any surprise someone beats a boss inside a mmorpg?Now if there were some secrets and expected to take a very long time to figure out a Boss,it might be noteworthy the FIRST TIME.
    After someone has already beaten a Boss,it is no longer worth a shred of notice.it becomes like ....ok so this boss has now been killed for the 65,785th time...umm yeah ok exciting.
    KalebGraysonBananaSoupBlacklabelcaliAegiris

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

SBFord said:

Albatroes said:

Like that's anything new in online gaming? Been happening since the dawn of Diablo 1 in 1996. To each his own. 

Valid point and I understand the real purpose of the article (or at least I think I do) which is to try and pump out more positive focused stuff especially since there's been so much negative/controversial stuff in gaming just this past month alone. Its just more of my personal bias coming into play seeing headlines about people solo'ing mmorpg content. Its not really new in itself but to me it just shows the real flaws in WoW seeing articles like this. As you said though, to each their own.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    edited October 2017

Love the picture so much. You got to give credit to the awesome Blizzard art.
    Octagon7711SBFord

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    OK, so this is what I thought of when I read this.

How to Put MMO Experience on a Resume

With such renowned institutions as IBM and Harvard suggesting that many traits displayed by dedicated players of massively multiplayer games are key to successful business leadership, Massively reporter Cameron Sorden has a radical suggestion: put that experience on your resume.

As with any resume addition, the trick is to highlight the qualities that employers seek. Sure, raiding in World of Warcraft gives you sweet loot, but it also shows long-term planning, dedication, and the ability to work well with others. And if you're just getting into the job market and don't have a lot of relevant experience, this could be a huge help:

Guild Member, World of Warcraft
    Participated as a member of a raiding guild over a two-year period. Consistently demonstrated punctuality, patience, good communication skills, and a team-oriented attitude to overcome shared challenges in a group setting.

"At the very least it makes your resume a little more interesting," Sorden noted. "It never hurts to stand out from the crowd when you're trying to get noticed." Just remember that, even in the virtual world, not everyone makes a good leader.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/52651/how-to-put-mmo-experience
    https://blog.starters.co/17-colleges-with-varsity-esports-programs-ce01b5c4f3ce
    Octagon7711
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    Wizardry said:
    I been saying it awhile now,games are attracting people not on merit but on platforms to BRAG.
    People playing these moba's to get  ranks,platinum..gold whatever,hearthstone to get legend,soon they get legend they seldom care anymore.Diablo ladder rankings,remove that superficial bragging nonsense and likely nobody cares.

You should probably have said it ever since the first game created visual gear and inspect options. 

Games, MMO's specifically, are pretty much all about what you obtain or accomplish and how you obtain them.

Case in point, post an exploit that gets you rare item and you're the communities best friend.  

Showing people how to solo the toughest dungeons in GW2 was and still is a huge thing.  

This is no different than that.  It's just a different form of it. 

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,821

Wizardry said:

Seriously though,content is meant to be finished,is it really any surprise someone beats a boss inside a mmorpg?Now if there were some secrets and expected to take a very long time to figure out a Boss,it might be noteworthy the FIRST TIME.
    After someone has already beaten a Boss,it is no longer worth a shred of notice.it becomes like ....ok so this boss has now been killed for the 65,785th time...umm yeah ok exciting.

Yeah, the boss has been 65,785 times before ....but by a team of 20 people.

The boss has never before been beaten by a single person.

Next time, you should try reading the article and understanding it before you immediately go into "hate WoW" mode. It makes you look like a fool.
    MightyUncleanSBFordBananaSoupConstantineMerusBlacklabelcaliAegiris
  • UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    WoW became so easy that you can solo raid bosses?
    mazut
  • TsiyaTsiya Member UncommonPosts: 280
    They do it for the same reason some people climb mountains. Just to see if they can. I have a bad habit of attacking things that are too big for me just to see how far my skills can take me before I smush.

Uhwop said:

99.999999999% of players couldn't duplicate that. A few may now that they can see the tactics, but saying this was "easy" is a disservice.
    SBFordOctagon7711Blacklabelcali

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

Tsiya said:

They do it for the same reason some people climb mountains. Just to see if they can. I have a bad habit of attacking things that are too big for me just to see how far my skills can take me before I smush.

Uhwop said:

99.999999999% of players couldn't duplicate that. A few may now that they can see the tactics, but saying this was "easy" is a disservice.

I agree. Especially when the fight itself took like an hour with a shit load of concentration to get done. Can only imagine the frustration of losing near the end, as almost happened at 18:45 in the video. Musta panicked hardcore there.
    SBFordOctagon7711
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    That's super impressive imo.
    SBFordGolelornOctagon7711
  • BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
    edited October 2017
    Xiaoki said:

Wizardry said:

Yeah, the boss has been 65,785 times before ....but by a team of 20 people.

The boss has never before been beaten by a single person.

Next time, you should try reading the article and understanding it before you immediately go into "hate WoW" mode. It makes you look like a fool.
    His every post makes him look just like that.

Aegiris
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Whatttttt?  How can a solo player defeat a current raid-level boss in WoW?  That's crazy!
  • GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644
    Really just shows how retarted WoW has become Hahahahahah

that boss should 1 shot ANYONE , unless they have multiple healers healing your asss

really makes me laugh at the state of MMO's
    SignexSteelhelm
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Grimula said:

that boss should 1 shot ANYONE , unless they have multiple healers healing your asss

I don't think you know what you are talking about, funny thing with an outspoken opinion like yours. Don't look like a fool, be informed, not clueless.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 
    Blacklabelcali
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Grimula said:

Given that stuff like this has been going on since Vanilla WoW so....yeah, whatevs. :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AegirisAegiris Member UncommonPosts: 49

Grimula said:

retarded*

If the boss 1-shot anyone, they would be dead before they could be healed. How would he be defeated? Your argument is laughable at best.