Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Alpha - TheHiveLeader - Legends of Aria Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageFinal Alpha - TheHiveLeader - Legends of Aria Videos - MMORPG.com

Legends of Aria, formerly Shards Online, has launched its final alpha, and TheHiveLeader wants you to know about it. Did you like Ultima Online and other old-school MMOs? Then this might be the game for you!

Read the full story here

Comments

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    That video isn't very reassuring...

imageimage

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    TaishiFox said:
    The game isn't very reassuring in general.  It looks like a only slightly newer Runescape, not just in terms of visuals but concepts.

Plus they plan on introducing fragmentation of what will already be a tiny player-base.  It's a non-starter.
    ManWithNoTan
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    HUh, I guess I was the only one who thought it was intriguing.

Well, I'm going to try it! As soon as I finish downloading Shadows of Mordor ... Whenever that is ...
    [Deleted User]jason523d_20djnj2000ManWithNoTan
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ysn888ysn888 Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Waiting for this for a long time . Fingers crossed . PLZ be the spiritual successor of UO !
    TsiyaThupliManWithNoTan
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Sovrath said:

Well, I'm going to try it! As soon as I finish downloading Shadows of Mordor ... Whenever that is ...
    I'm in the same boat. Well, if you have a boat that is. 
    TsiyaThupliManWithNoTan
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Sovrath said:

I have a T pass ...
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

TaishiFox said:

The game isn't very reassuring in general.  It looks like a only slightly newer Runescape, not just in terms of visuals but concepts.

Plus they plan on introducing fragmentation of what will already be a tiny player-base.  It's a non-starter.

My guess is that you didn't back this. Otherwise you'd understand that's precisely what the intent is.
    [Deleted User]d_20ManWithNoTan

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Sovrath said:

Sovrath said:

I have a T pass ...
    You can't use it for 2 passengers. :(
    Sovrath
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • SanelessSaneless Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Ill give it a shot for sure!
    d_20djnj2000
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    CrazKanuk said:

TaishiFox said:

My guess is that you didn't back this. Otherwise you'd understand that's precisely what the intent is.

They will either abandon the idea or it will go up in flames.  Can't have a small player count in a niche game with 9 degrees of separation on top of the natural separations like skill/power levels etc. 

ManWithNoTan
  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Humm... an old school sandbox mmo looks interesting. I wonder, how does it compare to Albion Online? Non instanced player housing does appeal to me.
    djnj2000
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Its a very long way from UO at this point IMO ........... But its still very early ..
    Tsiya
  • Mighty_PlatypusMighty_Platypus Member UncommonPosts: 101

DMKano said:

Shards Online/Legends of Aria has a few ex UO devs working on it - hence the similarity.

I am finding the closed alpha quite fun. This is shaping up to be a really good game for me.

Can you elaborate on what you mean when you say a good game for you? I know most MMOs are extremely time consuming, but being an adult and acting like an adult prevent me from having as much time for games. Wait... is it because of the whole GOD thing? I know I didn't see corgis in the game.
  • GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308
    edited October 2017
    I like the look of the game, but I don't know if I'd be able to even get into a sandbox at this point. Let alone one with full loot pvp. At the same time, this could be what I've been missing in my life, so I should try it eventually...

Been such a long time since I played a skill-based progression game, also. Looks kinda refreshing watching it in action here. Aside from all the spell fizzling and stuff, which isn't really that big a deal 'cause you know you can skill up and get better at it.

Hmm.. I'll keep checking it out and seeing how it progresses then, and wait for some reviews when fully launched.
  • FinvegaFinvega Member RarePosts: 260
    edited October 2017
    Been playing for a couple of weeks now... quite a challenge in a good way. It has an amazing skill and item based system that allows for many many varieties of play style... And very little is easy. Still rough in places, but for the most part an enjoyable experience.

Except.,.. the chat channel is dead. I mean dead as can be. None talks in chat... it's freaky.
  • Vorch21Vorch21 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    edited October 2017
    "that allows for many many varieties of play style" -Dodge was removed(block was't) ((-thats realy bad for certain playstyles)....
    +weapon assortiment is pretty "prosaic"
    Post edited by Vorch21 on
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Totally forgot about this. I thought it was a cheap Korean game with the name, wouldn't have remembered it was on my watch list if you guys didn't throw Shards in the description...
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    I'd tap that.