Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Online: Kamasylvia Expansion Part 1 (Review)

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
edited October 2017 in Black Desert Online
The Lazy Peon shares his thoughts on Kamasylvia. :o

Black Desert Online: Kamasylvia Expansion Part 1 (Review)
Since BDO is still my main MMO I decided to do a review for part 1 of the new expansion "Kamasylvia" I decided to approach this by rating different aspects of the game out of 10 such as visuals, music, life skill content, pvp content, pve content and questing giving a total score at the end based on the score of those sub categories, if you are a new player to BDO and want some advice the best I can give is to watch my ultimate beginners guide.

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited October 2017
    There was a common theme in his video.Pretty much all about the visuals,i think most people already realize that BDO looks good, most of the rest of the game is imo bad.

That swimming animation lol wtf was that,it looks like a cape swirling in the water.

Tier 9 Horse !!! have i ever  mentioned how much i hate Tiers in games?Well add the term NODES to my list of stuff i could be all too happy to see disappear.

That screen with about 300 name plates littering the screen is again proof BDO does more to ruin immersion than improving it.The black evil spirit idea is a lazy way to implement a constant story.

Did i mention the game looks great? Too bad i am looking for a complete immersive game.
    Peon does get full props as maybe the first guy/You Tuber i have seen rate/score a game properly.

He gave PVE a 5/10,this site would likely give it a 9/10.

I am too lazy to add up the scores,i think he gives it around a 6.5/10 or somewhere around there,me i can give most of the graphics a solid 9/10,stuff like animations and some of the character moves are just awful.Rest of the game a 4/10 because it sent me packing very quickly with no intent of going back to the game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 146
    edited October 2017
    I bought this game on sale last week. It looks gorgeous bu ti can get into it. The combat is annoying where you need ot us combo keys instead of the typical 1 , 2 3, 4 etc. Also , because the grass and plants are high it hides the enemies a little and makes it looks confusing and cluttered.

The black spirit is annoying as well.

However, I bought the game for $6 and I  do think its worth $6.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    I'll have to watch it later. I have very mixed feelings about Kama myself. It's pretty and all, but it's very much aimed at only the hardcore players with their level 61 characters and 500+gs. They should've released it with Kama part II, which supposedly helps bridge the gap. Very poor design choices =/
    Mikeha

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/