Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Guardians of Ember the Lovechild of WoW & Diablo? - Guardians of Ember Review - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878

lahnmir said:

Wizardry said:

This game is proof of the sign of the times,cheaper less aggressive game builds.I played Runes of Magic and actually enjoyed it,yes a sort of Wow clone but did more than Wow and used the sub class system.

Dragon's Prophet i did not like but i could see they went for an idea and the game was still an aggressive build.

Runewalker does at least try to put several ideas in their games,i just don't like the cheaper platform/Diabloesque type game that is Embers.If it was a better open world concept with free look i would likely play it.

However,i would say it is much better than Diablo given the same platform as Diablo really doesn't do anything besides waste your time until you get that perfect build then it is another brainless waste of time,at least Embers is building a rpg.

So although Rune copies Blizzard a lot,they are 2/2 in my books as i would rather play Runes than Wow and this than Diablo.

You like games??!! Omg...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Piece of advice for you my dear Lahnmir, do yourself a favor and do not bring yourself into same level as this old fart does.
    Fellintentthighhighs

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041

lahnmir said:

Wizardry said:

This game is proof of the sign of the times,cheaper less aggressive game builds.I played Runes of Magic and actually enjoyed it,yes a sort of Wow clone but did more than Wow and used the sub class system.

Dragon's Prophet i did not like but i could see they went for an idea and the game was still an aggressive build.

Runewalker does at least try to put several ideas in their games,i just don't like the cheaper platform/Diabloesque type game that is Embers.If it was a better open world concept with free look i would likely play it.

However,i would say it is much better than Diablo given the same platform as Diablo really doesn't do anything besides waste your time until you get that perfect build then it is another brainless waste of time,at least Embers is building a rpg.

So although Rune copies Blizzard a lot,they are 2/2 in my books as i would rather play Runes than Wow and this than Diablo.

You like games??!! Omg...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Piece of advice for you my dear Lahnmir, do yourself a favor and do not bring yourself into same level as this old fart does.
    I know, just every now and then he gets to me. Better to let it go I guess.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    xyzercrimethighhighs
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    edited October 2017
    If anything from what I've seen/played I would say Lost Ark is shaping up to be the lovechild you speak of. 
  • jason523jason523 Member UncommonPosts: 96

This review is from march - a B2P game with a cash shop.

They've changed the cash shop some since that video was made. I don't know what changes they've made, since I haven't played recently, but they say they removed anything that could be P2W.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    What I like about GOE so far

A) Crafting/Mining/Enchanting.  New, unique takes on old things that everyone does this same, I find the whole crafting aspect of this game really cool

B) Housing is pretty well done, with the sprite maids to do work for you is another unique idea

C) Multi-classing. Any game with multi-classing will always get a +++ from me

D) Dungeons.  Fun to run over and over

E) Fishing/Card Collecting.  Need little side game, with the Compediums tracks things like largest fish and crab you have caught.  Killing mobs has a small chance to drop a card that you put in a book for bonuses

What I don't like

A) Graphics aren't great, but they are fine

B) Combat is kinda clunky and the skills are very complex to follow, not sure when to use what skill

C) Even though B2P, looks like I will still need to spend on housing/pack space, which I really dont like

Overall though, I am having fun, I play about an hour or 2 a day at most, and its fun, and I have a cool guild

7.5/10
    [Deleted User]
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I wonder how much they got paid to throw the words "lovechild of WoW and Diablo" in the title...This game shouldn't even be mentioned in the same conversation as those classics.
    GdemamiHolst86brandedwolf
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    No its not.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    I wonder how much they got paid to throw the words "lovechild of WoW and Diablo" in the title...This game shouldn't even be mentioned in the same conversation as those classics.
    prolly 50 bucks

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674
    I tried the game from backing it and said I could not handle the controls. I wanted to follow my mouse with a button push and stop on release. One of the people told me I would get use to what I felt was an archaic way to play. The fact I was trying to move and the delay on skills had them firing off behind me because I did not wait till skill went off after button press just had me close and uninstall.

I am happy some people are enjoying it but it is not a game for me even though I bought it.
  • brandedwolfbrandedwolf Member UncommonPosts: 27

time007 said:

prolly 50 bucks

*looks at bank account* Hmmmmm, golly sure doesn't look like I got paid anything to mention two other widely known games in a title I made so people could get a general idea of what GoE was trying to be.
    [Deleted User]ConstantineMerus