Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People love to farm

iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
Basically , plant a seed , go do something else then go back , harvest things and see the progress . Waiting game is a best game .
So what do it mean ?

It mean that a game trailer about farming plant and raise stuff building things will have more effect than a game trailer full of action pretty combat and battle stuff .

It's a age where people don't want to be warrior with armor and sword but being farmer with hoe and cow .
GdemamiKyleranDauzqulandredoc

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Source please.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I always wanted to play this game

It looked like so much all that machinery and I just got afraid I might get too engrossed. I like the fishing games too. Like this 

http://store.steampowered.com/app/380600/Fishing_Planet/

I just play a little but it's highly addictive

Mikeha

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797
    I agree OP. In a way, it's like having a fish tank in your home.
    Dauzqul

Once upon a time....

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    I agree, but I also like to fight.

In most modern games, it's 100% combat. Sometimes I just want to shift the engine to neutral and just chill out. I love games that have social professions, e.g., musician, beautician, pure crafter, etc. Although I don't generally roll such professions, it makes my experience as an adventurer much richer. Cities feel alive for everyone.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    More people would be sticking around archeage if this was true.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    DMKano said:
    Albatroes said:

My guild in AA has dedicated farmers - they've been farming crops and animals since alpha - so it's been more than 3 years now.

I don't have the patience for it (the whole placing seeds in an optimal pattern) - I just can't stomach it.

If there was an automated-in-game way to place seeds in a pre-defined pattern - I'd be all over that.
    Yeah, my comment was just more towards the OP thinking people really just care for Harvest Moon Online or something and honestly Archeage is the closet thing on the market to it. You dont have to engage in combat at all after like 30(I think it was) and you can still level up by just being a farmer pretty much. What's even better about patron is that it counts on both sides NA and EU which have separate labor pulls, so when you run out on your NA account, you can just do stuff on your EU one and hope back etc. Plenty of stuff to do in AA aside from fighting. Now if you want to be competitive combat wise in pvp, that's a whole other story.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    It's mostly what I do in Albion when I'm short on time.
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    edited October 2017
    Albatroes said:
    Archeage farming is suck , do you know that the last merge make many people lost land and quit ?
    They also change the whole farming to worst with each patch . Fishing also get ruined , nowadays most people do it for fun instead .
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    kitarad said:

It looked like so much all that machinery and I just got afraid I might get too engrossed. I like the fishing games too. Like this 

LOL!

In 50 years, "farmers" will just play such games, as farming, will be taken over, by .. automated machines and such.

Farming will be a think for .. "classics" :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    People seems to enjoy farming to some degree but if it gets too much they tire fast.

Daily quests + forced goldfarm will soon become boring and loose you players, at least if it takes more then 15 minutes a day. I think that is the golden time for stuff like that, unless they can farm while they do other stuff as well (explore, dungeoneer, quest or just killing stuff).
    iixviiiix
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Loke666 said:
    People seems to enjoy farming to some degree but if it gets too much they tire fast.

Daily quests + forced goldfarm will soon become boring and loose you players, at least if it takes more then 15 minutes a day. I think that is the golden time for stuff like that, unless they can farm while they do other stuff as well (explore, dungeoneer, quest or just killing stuff).
    Many farming also falling for this as it take too much time when the level get higher .
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    IceAge said:
    kitarad said:

LOL!

In 50 years, "farmers" will just play such games, as farming, will be taken over, by .. automated machines and such.

50?

I worked for a company that controlled fertilizer machines from space. They would roam around the crop and fertilize the various spots and then repeat, getting within 5 inches or less of the optimum spot.

There was apparently a guy on the machine who didn't drive it but he had a big red button to stop it in case something went wrong.

Oh, and they made weapon guidance systems as well but I was more interested in the farming, 'cuase we do like to farm ... B)
    ConstantineMerus
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    edited October 2017
    Sovrath said:
    IceAge said:
    kitarad said:

LOL!

50?

I worked for a company that controlled fertilizer machines from space. They would roam around the crop and fertilize the various spots and then repeat, getting within 5 inches or less of the optimum spot.

There was apparently a guy on the machine who didn't drive it but he had a big red button to stop it in case something went wrong.

Oh, and they made weapon guidance systems as well but I was more interested in the farming, 'cuase we do like to farm ... B)
    I imagine since the red button guy had nothing to do inside that machine, he played Farming Simulator all day.
    Sovrath
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I got my 72-year-old mom hooked on Stardew Valley.  I guess farming appeals to all ages.
    ConstantineMerus
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Wanted to try farming simulator, but it's solo.  Anything like an mmo farming simulator?  

I self identify as a monkey.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I got my 72-year-old mom hooked on Stardew Valley.  I guess farming appeals to all ages.
    That is fantastic I love it when older people play games. My mum in law lives alone and has no hobbies so she's got too much time to think.

kitarad said:
    That is fantastic I love it when older people play games. My mum in law lives alone and has no hobbies so she's got too much time to think.
    While UO was in production, there was a lady who was in her eighties who was interested.
    She had a guild and her own website and all.
    But she unfortunately passed away before the game was released.
    I think she was in alpha and maybe beta, but I'm not sure.

Two sparklies of gold for anyone who can remember her name.

Once upon a time....

Loke666 said:

I agree to an extent. There's more to it than just a blanket statement, though, wouldn't you agree?

Once upon a time....

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I enjoy some farming in games but not as much as some people. It's the same thing as simulation games like Euro Truck Simulator or Train Simulator. People just like to do the tasks and be rewarded and have fun doing a job, but not have to have all the stress of the real life job. My brother is obsessed with Car Mechanic Simulator but he doesn't want to be a mechanic. Although he does love cars.  
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    edited October 2017
    I tried euro truck simulator and I could see how it could be relaxing.  But I already suck at real driving, so I didn't want also suck at simulated driving. I couldn't even figure out how to back the thing up properly. 

Cryomatrix
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I had to stop playing Fallen Earth back in the day because I realized all I was doing was farming resources.  My storages were all full and I was not even doing anything with all the stuff.  I am a compulsive resource farmer.  I used to play Eve and mine in a hulk while I studied, I loved the music and the sound of the mining lasers and it filled my farming need.  I was sad when miner bumping became popular and I had to pay attention to my screen instead of studying.

Some of us are just addicted to farming.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    Yeah Harvest Moon 64 was the shiznit back in the day. I think in a practical sense for MMOs, the implication is that non-combat content can be a very engaging hook to many audience members. Crafting/Gathering deserves a lot more attention than most MMOs give it IMO.
    Kyleran
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I have a Minecraft server with Pam's harvest craft mod. my friend gets annoyed with me because he wants to go kill and explore while I'm content to farm and work on my base.  Lol

I self identify as a monkey.

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    kitarad said:
    While UO was in production, there was a lady who was in her eighties who was interested.
    She had a guild and her own website and all.
    But she unfortunately passed away before the game was released.
    I think she was in alpha and maybe beta, but I'm not sure.

Two sparklies of gold for anyone who can remember her name.
    My grandmother used to play Pangya - an online golf game. She was 78 back then. Even though it requires a fair bit of agility, she somehow learned how to time her shots right. She had her own guild and a way better character than me and my sister.

She had a cute girly character with all the top tier clothes. I remember this one time, a person she was playing against her was swooning "You are awesome. How old are you? I'm 13." My grandmother replied "14." Didn't want to break the young man's heart. :grin:
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Albatroes said:
    DMKano said:
    Albatroes said:

My guild in AA has dedicated farmers - they've been farming crops and animals since alpha - so it's been more than 3 years now.

I don't have the patience for it (the whole placing seeds in an optimal pattern) - I just can't stomach it.

If there was an automated-in-game way to place seeds in a pre-defined pattern - I'd be all over that.
    Yeah, my comment was just more towards the OP thinking people really just care for Harvest Moon Online or something and honestly Archeage is the closet thing on the market to it. You dont have to engage in combat at all after like 30(I think it was) and you can still level up by just being a farmer pretty much. What's even better about patron is that it counts on both sides NA and EU which have separate labor pulls, so when you run out on your NA account, you can just do stuff on your EU one and hope back etc. Plenty of stuff to do in AA aside from fighting. Now if you want to be competitive combat wise in pvp, that's a whole other story.
    ArcheAge isn't a good comparison to those games. It has open world PvP. Which is anathema to most players who just want to farm in peace. Kano's guildies are likely people who also enjoy at least a bit of PvP in addition to their farming.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/