Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Vegas 2017 - Project Aurora - First Glimpse of a Persistent Online Mobile Game - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageEVE Vegas 2017 - Project Aurora - First Glimpse of a Persistent Online Mobile Game - MMORPG.com

EVE Vegas is happening in the Entertainment Capital of the World and CCP Games dropped a bombshell for many of its attendees. Announcing “Project Aurora,” CCP Games and Play Raven showed the world the first glimpses of the persistent online mobile game set in the EVE universe the team has been working on these past nine months.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• drachennwolfdrachennwolf Member UncommonPosts: 23
    It's EVE: city builder edition. Pass.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Mobile = P2W = Pass
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    edited October 2017
    OH CCP you've done it again.............................Every time you try and branch it turns to shit, and this looks no different, if anything it shows that the issues you have with your flagship also pan out 10 fold in everything else you try and do, flip flopping and weird management calls.
    You had a slow burner success with Eve it came out at the right time and grew, but you have failed every time to replicate this success.............

Record for having good ideas then shooting them in the foot at birth with weird cravats shows a good creative team with really bad management, example one would be Dust, had good ideas but dear lord it was loaded with bad management decisions.

Also giving free reign to Dervs is good to an extent, but does leave you badly open to oversight issues, to many weird, bad and useless Derv designs and experiments make it into live, yet again management issues.

I love what CCP try and do, and that also reflects the way I love Eve, I love the idea of Eve, I keep going back and forth to it, because I keep going "I Love you, but AAAAGHHHHHHHHHHH sometimes I want to punch you in the face" so yeah totally healthy relationship.
    mutly

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Sounds like it is no different from other P2W mobile games like Clash of Clans.

Nope!
    Kyleran

• FaelanFaelan Member UncommonPosts: 819
    We all know how this is going to end. Oh, and a little late to the party, CCP. Why would someone pick your new game over the other 9 trillion “free” to play mobile games?

Now, open that station door and I might consider coming back.

I'm a big ol' fluffy carewolf. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

Faelan said:

We all know how this is going to end. Oh, and a little late to the party, CCP. Why would someone pick your new game over the other 9 trillion “free” to play mobile games?

Well, the magic move would be to make it FUN and NOT P2W. Just make it B2P without microtransactions, or, wild thinking here, a sub based game! That might get your core audience to play it. But that would make sense so, no, that will not happen.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    World of Darkness, DUST 514, Valkyrie, Project Legion... 

For the love of all that it good in the world CCP, please stop trying to make anything other than the best damn MMO you can possibly make, and if you're questioning what I'm talking about, then it's EVE.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited October 2017
    I understand they are looking for a new moneymaker, but think they are trying to enter a market even more competitive than MMO space.

Unless they obtained some professional expertise from people very familiar with that environment financial success will likely elude them.
    ConstantineMerus

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• drachennwolfdrachennwolf Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Here's a thought for an EVE money maker:

Fresh start server. Change some of the rulesets to make PvP tougher in hi-sec, but easier in low sec (NPC response faster, more deadly?). Revamp the tutorial entirely. Change and rebalance some of the combat systems that need it (I don't know what this is), and market it as EVE: Reborn.

Strictly moderate the community, enforce fair play, and ban RWT entirely except for plex. Make things actually difficult to get again.

*I don't actually know what I'm talking about as I was chased out of EVE before I could really learn any of the mechanics by suicide gankers and rabid pvpers, but I hear EVE used to be awesome before mega griefer corps.
    Gdemami
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    And the next try to branch out.

Based on their previous success rate the chance of failure is around 80%. Most of their spin off games to not survive their second year.

Still waiting for a DUST514 game on PC as part of EVE ... player avatars, walking in stations etc.

Have fun
    Excession
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Free to play = free to get steam rolled by people spending thousands.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I love Eve and hope it is still around when I retire and have time to play.

You will never see another server with a different ruleset like faster response time in highsec because it would draw 75% of the population away from the current server. With no one left to grief, the miner bumpers, market spammers/scammers and suicide bombers would have no one to play with.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    "Mobile Game" and "Bombshell"... that was a good chuckle.
  • xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    edited October 2017
    I think most people here missing an important detail: Mobile games are much smaller in scale (compared to PC/Console MMO), thus mobile games need much less budget to maintain.

All in all, I hope the best for CCP team.

(edit for spell checking).
    Post edited by xyzercrime on

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I think may people here missing an important detail: Mobile games are much smaller in scale (compared to PC/Console MMO), thus mobile games need much less budget to maintain.

Ah, I see, when it inevitably flounders as most CCP dev efforts do they'll lose far less money.

Sheer genius.  ;)
    Erillion

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    Kyleran said:
    I think may people here missing an important detail: Mobile games are much smaller in scale (compared to PC/Console MMO), thus mobile games need much less budget to maintain.

Ah, I see, when it inevitably flounders as most CCP dev efforts do they'll lose far less money.

Sheer genius.  ;)
    That is if we're gonna assume that they'll definitely lose their bet. For me, I just gonna keep my fingers crossed that they'll deliver this time.

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.