Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I've had this warning tag since May......

Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
Can I lose it please? It was probably the absolute worst moderation I have received on this site, I have no doubt it was biased. I let the mod Vaross know that. Is this some form of retaliation for telling him that I think he was wrong in the warning he gave me? 
Make MMORPG's Great Again!
JeffSpicoli

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    What warning tag are you speaking of?
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Bad Boy for Life
    JeffSpicoliScot
    Harbinger of Fools
  • ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665
    yeah I dont see anything bro
    "Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    edited October 2017
    You only see the warning if you have it, other people do not see it.

Mild, Medium, then Banned.

Sit's between rank (common, uncommon, rare, etc) and post count.

Actually, the worst part of this warning system, is once you have had a mild warning, then a medium warning, then you get temp banned, they un-ban you, and leave the warning there.

Surely getting banned for the (supposed) offence should remove the warning after the ban is over.

MrMelGibson

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Excession said:
    You only see the warning if you have it, other people do not see it.

Mild, Medium, then Banned.

Sit's between rank (common, uncommon, rare, etc) and post count.

Actually, the worst part of this warning system, is once you have had a mild warning, then a medium warning, then you get temp banned, they un-ban you, and leave the warning there.

Surely getting banned for the (supposed) offence should remove the warning after the ban is over.

I wouldn't know, never got a warning that severe.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I've had a mild tag since August.  I just figured it was something they kept on you permanently so if you violated rules again they could escalate from there. /shrug

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    ive had Medium since they switched servers , it used to go away over time , but now it doesnt
    jayheld90MrMelGibson
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    I've had a mild tag since August also.
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    I got a warning a few months ago for calling bdo "barbie doll online", still shows the mild tag.. I wonder how I managed to keep an account from 2005 without getting banned.
    Viper482
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    How the hell am I not part of the warning club? 
    Who can I appeal this blatant discrimination to?

KyleranMadFrenchieSovrathYashaXScot

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Troll more? :lol:

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    If you know how to add a custom CSS to your browser:

.WarnLevel {
    display: none;
    visibility: hidden;
    }

Voilà, problem solved.

You'll still have the warning, you just won't see it any longer.
    KyleranMrMelGibson

DMKano said:

.WarnLevel {
    }

Voilà, problem solved.

I just changed mine to HOT - since I think it looks better - why hide it, when you can flaunt it, right?
    It's just another item I'd rather not see on this site.

I've got at least a dozen MMORPG.com-specific items I hide. The site is a lot nicer without all the crap.

Kyleran said:

Or piss off a report-a-holic.
    kjempffMrMelGibsonViper482YashaX

DMKano said:
    DMKano said:

.WarnLevel {
    }

Voilà, problem solved.

I just changed mine to HOT - since I think it looks better - why hide it, when you can flaunt it, right?
    It's just another item I'd rather not see on this site.

I've got at least a dozen MMORPG.com-specific items I hide. The site is a lot nicer without all the crap.

It's like that one house in your neighborhood that's just a complete train-wreck. After several years, you just get sort of used to it.

That's how I feel about this site - it's like the last survivor of the long extinct species ;)

I mean the formatting is hit and miss - sometimes it reverts to HTML view - sometimes it doesn't - the quirks are something I've embraced at this point.

This site has it's own RNG when it comes to formatting

Or you know - on mobile - there's the next level of RNG - like even being able to load the replies - instead you get the infinite "3 squares loading" animation - that never goes away (because in the background the site is trying to contact a dozen ad sites).

The list goes on... hehe
    Trainwreck. Absolutely.

Plus...Vanilla? Really? lol

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    kjempff said:
    I got a warning a few months ago for calling bdo "barbie doll online", still shows the mild tag.. I wonder how I managed to keep an account from 2005 without getting banned.
    Could be wrong but I think it takes 6 months for a warning to expire of not getting anymore infractions, still says it on mine for a bit of a train derailment awhile ago but it hasn't been 6 months so we see how long it really lasts.

I really couldn't be upset though at least there was no censorship unlike /r/mmorpg which is known for its hard-core censorship moderation team when they disagree with something, although without going into details on old things I think it was all success, given some people don't take into account censorship, and the many social media platofrms such as twitter & facebook, its easy to get around info so fast on the internet these days, especially things like the airlines incident of the man being dragged off the plane for example and such.

As for BDO, yeah basically its a gender locked game and a lot of people play with customizations its just like playing barbie-doll, because people really spend the time dressing up virtual characters a lot of people do this having a game with in depth customization is always good although BDO could have better, same with ESO for that matter.
    Excession
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Man I feel so left out :(

Yo @BillMurphy!  You and me, outside!!
    Allerleirauh
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Viper482 said:
    Can I lose it please? It was probably the absolute worst moderation I have received on this site, I have no doubt it was biased. I let the mod Vaross know that. Is this some form of retaliation for telling him that I think he was wrong in the warning he gave me? 
    Are you sure that was the reason and not something else. That just seems silly.

People make fun of games all the time, I doubt they are all getting warnings.

Maybe it was more the timbre of your post or some such thing.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Kyleran said:

Or piss off a report-a-holic.
    Pretty sure I do that regularly.  Just need to be sure to target the issue/game/company and not the people.

Some folks get rather attached to their pixels... some even get attached to future pixels that don't even exist yet.  Just don't make it personal and all is well usually.

YashaX

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I have had a Medium for months. 

Thought it was my Threat Level . ;)
    MrMelGibsonTheScavengerKyleranWellspringJeffSpicoliAmathe
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    I have had a medium warning for months now cause i posted a video about johnny Debb that shows what a satanist he is.
    MrMelGibsonTheScavenger
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Yeah, I've had Mild for weeks.  No idea what it's even for.
    Your general lack of cleanliness is my guess.

I always though I got mine for being French, which is understandable, but it seems it had to do with some comments I made regarding nariusseldon and some spotty logic he was using.  Which...  is also understandable, I guess. :D
    KylerancheyaneSovrathYashaX

DMKano said:
    Those less spicy people are probably wondering what we're talking about - 

"Less spicy" :D

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Your general lack of cleanliness is my guess.

I always though I got mine for being French, which is understandable, but it seems it had to do with some comments I made regarding nariusseldon and some spotty logic he was using.  Which...  is also understandable, I guess. :D
    So still, for being French.
    MadFrenchieMrMelGibsonKyleranSovrath
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung