Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Space MMO options?

2»

Comments

• AzothAzoth Member UncommonPosts: 840
    Excession said:

As for the OP and Avorion, is it really an MMO or just co op? how many players per server?
    Did you miss the memo ? Anything with more than 1 person is an mmo now.
    Excession[Deleted User]
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Hmm, Avorion does actually look pretty cool.
  • GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    I second and third Vendetta-Online, an incredible game that is highly under-rated and does not get the attention it deserves. I enjoyed it more than EVE Online when I used to play. 
    Phaserlight

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    This made me miss Earth and Beyond even more
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Empryion is another interesting space game.  I have quite a bit of fun doing ship pvp and the building aspect is very good.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Ascent - The Space Game
    http://www.thespacegame.com/

Not the best looking game but crapload of stuff to do.

• francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
    Dual Universe, an upcoming sci-fi MMO:

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    Scorchien said:
    STO is a really good game and you can play F2P right to max lvl ..

You have to play STO to lvl 30 tho , build up crew and ship load out , get used to interface and it becomes very fun

OK.  Maybe I quit too early.  I was really disappointed in the ship combat.  Just jamming the space bar and then firing photon torpedoes.  Does it get better?
    You can add a bit more to the combat by playing missions at higher difficulty levels. This adds the possibility of ship system damage and crew injuries. They also give better mission rewards, depending on the level of difficulty you select.

I don't know if you would feel that better, but at least that option exists.