Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking to return need some guidance on where to begin

JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
First off no i dont own any of the expansions, I do have a 80 character that i would like to resume playing but i have no idea where to begin, what to do or even remember what guild wars was about? Is it gear grind, exploration what? I really do not remember. Could someone give me a rundown of what the game was about? What i should be doing at lvl 80 ? And where i should even go?
  • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Im considering rerolling a new toon to learn the game again, yeah im that lost
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    edited October 2017
    If you finished the personal story, then run fractals/raids, finish exploration.
    You could also buy HoT and run that content, or buy PoF and run that content, or as you said, make an alt, run through Tyria content again.

You could also PvP, or WvW if you do not want to PVE.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    If you are not sure where you got to with personal story, in game, hit H, go to Story Journal, look at My Story section.
    Octagon7711

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    That's pretty much what I do with any game that has a steep learning curve and comeback to after being away for awhile.  I create an alt until I'm familiar with the content again then usually switch back to my original character.  Sometimes I'll even just level the alt.  I found GW2 easy to jump back into though.  So you could just go back to the personal story and take it from there after updating your build if needed.
    Excession

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey