Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Alpha 3.0 out to Evocati player testers

Comments

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    MaxBacon said:
    @Talonsin @hfztt @gir243 @kikoodutroa8 hey guys, It seems you have missed me dearly that you've imagined things. Sorry, you got that one wrong, never had to, never will, and no worries I'm here.

@rodarin not surprisingly, that witch hunt is just one more of your theories you got wrong, I'd appreciate if you would refrain from insults such as "children mentality" of when I read this thread earlier. (Disclaimer: just defending myself of what was being implied here, not meant as baiting or anything else beyond put an end and move on.)

I have actually been playing Alpha 3.0, what a great timing huh? :wink: 

Well, for a thread about Alpha 3.0 in Evocati sure all discussion has nothing to do with it, the 3.0 build was already patched the day after its release: https://pastebin.com/kN3dhYrq

The first builds are the heavily problematic ones, but this is getting patched daily now, stuff disabled, stuff enabled, stuff fixed, it's very localized.

As for the "more and more leaks that come out", unless, by leaks you mean DS's twitter rampage, there was only a first of 6 prints taken by a Goon that most certainly already got kicked out of the group because this contract NDA is being tracked smartly:

The Delta patcher is making things hugely easier, without the need to download +20GB each time, it makes it so much faster, especially with the builds being updated pretty much daily.

As for that discussion in features, and what @Herase also stated, what is in the patch notes is in, the thing about Evocati is that the focus is on X and Y so as they continue to release patches over it, they will fix up/enable more features, this is a normal process. It was the same with 2.6 when Star Marine wasn't in the first builds and they were focusing on AC first.

Will go back to check in later today, though more likely new updates only tomorrow.
    LOL yup I like how you keep posting on the other one to make it look like it wasnt you. But no there isnt anyway to be positive but there is also no fear of you 'slipping up' or geting 'caught' because they share the same exact everything. Also yes there were 4 accts banned that day but yours was the only pro one I saw so unless kefo or the other guys suddenly made ghost accounts and changed their criticisms it only makes sense. But immaterial now.

As for the leaks. Nope more than the DS/goon ones. 

I also like how you basically verified what I said  that NOT everything was in the build other than what I said was in the build. But with the typical training you have had you made sure to word it so as to make it look less obvious. But you also didnt say what more has been enabled (I suspect nothing) but simply said theyre patching it daily (which means at most two patches since they uploaded it). Which really doesnt mean much since when it was first released it still had some of those blockers they claimed didnt exist anymore.

But since you of all people arnet here having an orgasm over it and have in fact verified some of the issues its having (because you actually mentioned them in the first place) I suspect its what people think it is. And what it 'should' be. But more than likely worse since you basically intimate that with "The first builds are the heavily problematic ones". Which if you said that means it wasnt playable until they patched it. And since its only 48 hours old and you arent going to go back to it until they patch it again means there isnt much 'meat' yet to grab onto to, or whats there isnt playable because if it were you would still be playing/'testing' it.

And ultimately... they put in an 'anti cheat' system to a pre alpha build (and one of the worst ones that exists) to try and make sure critics who do so get caught leaking stuff about the build. So once again completely blowing the whole 'most open development ever' comments out of the water. Basically they tell people what they want them to hear and completely scrub anything they dont. And since pictures and video are worth a thousand words they knew when they released the build the way it was there werent enough words in existence to counter any videos of what people could test and what was claimed to be there. Along with the performance or outright 'brokeness' of it all. Despite also knowing that hey could leak 'positive' videos as well to try and counter act any 'negative' ones. But since there arent any positive ones I will make a logical conclusion, and it isnt 'the 'good' testers arent going to break an NDA.

Either way welcome back. I am sure you will have a lot you cant talk about in the coming months.

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Gdemami said:
    Herase said:
    Can you sit there and honestly say the majority who've posted negatively added some substance to this thread, moving the discussion forward?

You are hilarious.

Whenever someone brings up anything that actually challenges your "what you actually know" (which is precisely nothing), you immediately disregard it as hating and game bashing and you complain they are not moving the discussion "forward"?!

While I do agree that certain people try too hard, the thing is, in case of SC, majority of "negativity" is well justified and founded while all the "positivity" is just blind faith.
    Not sure the point you're making? I haven't disregarded anyone's point, unless, imho, it was deserved falling under the points i made. I'm not calling a you hatter if you disagree with what i'm saying if that' what you mean?
    Gdemami
  • PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886
    Cheers!
    The closed beta for scaled down pre-alpha is out with 4 months delay on a 8months schedule
    We should expect bugy open beta for pre-alpha around this xmas, fingers crossed tho
    I wonder what 2k18 will bring - call me an optimist, but I dream of an anouncement for preview trailer of beta gameplay of squadron 42
    Things are going so well!

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited October 2017
    One of the public bits of the current released build:

"Out of Memory", said Delamar's Levski. :D

So, you believe there's a witch hunt going after you, and thus the people you accuse for it must be paranoid.
    I'm not sure that's how it works.
    It's not what I believe, it's plain there by his posts and accusations, that are untrue. He can believe whatever he wants but he doesn't stand the right to insult me and continuously imply that in the thread.
    Gdemami
  • ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    MaxBacon said:

Well, for a thread about Alpha 3.0 in Evocati sure all discussion has nothing to do with it.
    Yep, not much discussion about 3.0 being with Evocati from anyone here. you included.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Excession said:
    Yep, not much discussion about 3.0 being with Evocati from anyone here. you included.
    Yes, specifically to what you said, that is correct.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    edited October 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    hey guys, It seems you have missed me dearly that you've imagined things. Sorry, you got that one wrong, never had to, never will, and no worries I'm here.

Evidently not.... lol

---

Saw this link for some 3.0 videos, not much to see tbh but why are the ship's wheels half buried in the landing pad it's all shaking and vibrating around, looks really odd. Also see the Herald with its front landing gear 6ft up in the air, kind of funny because the ship is rear heavy anyway and it looks like they got the mass distribution wrong.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Max's tag is showing banned again.  That was hella quick.

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    edited October 2017
     Yeah saw that, reason I didn't want to get involved with that back and forth about account. Not saying that's the reason, but....
  • lancerxxlancerxx Member UncommonPosts: 63
    MaxBacon said:
    hey guys, It seems you have missed me dearly that you've imagined things. Sorry, you got that one wrong, never had to, never will, and no worries I'm here.

Evidently not.... lol

---

Saw this link for some 3.0 videos, not much to see tbh but why are the ship's wheels half buried in the landing pad it's all shaking and vibrating around, looks really odd. Also see the Herald with its front landing gear 6ft up in the air, kind of funny because the ship is rear heavy anyway and it looks like they got the mass distribution wrong.

Wheeled landing gear how quaint :smiley:
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    How do those disgusting goons get access to Evocati since it's supposed to be the most dedicated bug-reporting Citizens of the verse?

Also, open development and special Avocado groups kind of contradict each other.

..Cake..

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    sgel said:
    How do those disgusting goons get access to Evocati since it's supposed to be the most dedicated bug-reporting Citizens of the verse?
    Never underestimate how much work a goon is willing to put into being a pain in the...
    Erillion
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    sgel said:

Also, open development and special Avocado groups kind of contradict each other.
    This game stopped being the most open development a long time ago. Of course that's just my opinion but one that is shared by many it seems
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Kefo said:
    sgel said:

This game stopped being the most open development a long time ago. Of course that's just my opinion but one that is shared by many it seems
    I kinda like reading about game development. The stuff at the start of the AI Turret video detailing the lead up to releasing to Evocati was so familiar. Which other games can I check in on that are more open?

Serious question btw.
  • rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 230
    edited October 2017
    gervaise1 said:
    Kefo said:
    sgel said:

I kinda like reading about game development. The stuff at the start of the AI Turret video detailing the lead up to releasing to Evocati was so familiar. Which other games can I check in on that are more open?

Serious question btw.
    If you like reading about game development then don't miss this awesome full documentary series about the making of Broken Age. Although it's about kickstarting, developing and publishing an indie game you'll uncover a lot of similarities with what you've heard about the making of Star Citizen so far. Be warned the full series is more than 12 hours long. The following playlist is linked from the studio's official YT channel. You can watch the 720p version completely free on YT.

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    Herase said:
     Yeah saw that, reason I didn't want to get involved with that back and forth about account. Not saying that's the reason, but....
    Ori not max is also showing as banned :open_mouth:

Coincidence?

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    I saw that series of videos. But didnt want to link them. But maybe its OK to link them now, but will wait and see how theyre received. But the wheels and jumping are not surprising but in the grand scheme not all that major.

There are other videos that show more important issues. But those might have been taken down as people got nervous and were worried about losing access. Guess they werent smart enough to cover up their watermarks...

But the update is 72hrs in now and since we havent seen any triumphant 'this is the best thing ever' from all the people testing it (or even a small portion) then its safe to say its very underwhelming. Obviously there are going to be bugs and problems but since many supporters completely ignore anything at all negative the fact they cant find much to cheer about is another one of those unspoken 'proofs'.

I imagine once this gets put on the PTU for everyone to 'experience' there will either be a 'well we can wait for 4.0 (or 3.5, or pick any new number) to look forward to'. But I suspect this is going to end up being the infamous MVP. Long ways off still but from what I have read and not read this is what most people thought it was going to be and the people thinking it was actually going to be the literal game changer, reality is now setting in.

But the best part was the spin of guys who are Evocati (and also paid SC shills) trying to spin it as a few went to Twitch to makes innocuous comments and took Q&A (apparently with the greenlight from CiG) and when the chat filled with pertinent and hard hitting questions they couldnt deflect from they shut it down. But the mantra was "its an early alpha and its what you would expect', and I heard more than one say 'if its 3,4,5, years before its released I am ok with that'. So those things from cheerleaders and shills paint a pretty telling picture.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited October 2017
    rodarin said:
     'if its 3,4,5, years before its released I am ok with that'. 
    If it ends up being more than 5 years, Star Citizen will be approaching an entire generation's time worth of development.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Tiamat64 said:
    If it ends up being more than 5 years, Star Citizen will be approaching an entire generation's time worth of development.
    ???

Have fun
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Tiamat64 said:
    rodarin said:
     'if its 3,4,5, years before its released I am ok with that'. 
    If it takes another 5 years minimum only the hardcore fans will still be interested and the game will be outdated not to mention something will have been released that does it better.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Pretty cool little leak, not sure what is happening with the bike at the end though

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    So is that "other" account, :)
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Kefo said:
     something will have been released that does it better.
    If something will be released that does it better ...

HELL YES !    I will play it.

And I will play Star Citizen too !

Have fun
    Gdemami
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Erillion said:
    Kefo said:
     something will have been released that does it better.
    If something will be released that does it better ...

HELL YES !    I will play it.

And I will play Star Citizen too !

Of course, you can not let that $200 ship of yours go to waste.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    rodarin said:
    I saw that series of videos. But didnt want to link them. But maybe its OK to link them now, but will wait and see how theyre received. But the wheels and jumping are not surprising but in the grand scheme not all that major.

There are other videos that show more important issues. But those might have been taken down as people got nervous and were worried about losing access. Guess they werent smart enough to cover up their watermarks...

But the update is 72hrs in now and since we havent seen any triumphant 'this is the best thing ever' from all the people testing it (or even a small portion) then its safe to say its very underwhelming. Obviously there are going to be bugs and problems but since many supporters completely ignore anything at all negative the fact they cant find much to cheer about is another one of those unspoken 'proofs'.

I imagine once this gets put on the PTU for everyone to 'experience' there will either be a 'well we can wait for 4.0 (or 3.5, or pick any new number) to look forward to'. But I suspect this is going to end up being the infamous MVP. Long ways off still but from what I have read and not read this is what most people thought it was going to be and the people thinking it was actually going to be the literal game changer, reality is now setting in.

But the best part was the spin of guys who are Evocati (and also paid SC shills) trying to spin it as a few went to Twitch to makes innocuous comments and took Q&A (apparently with the greenlight from CiG) and when the chat filled with pertinent and hard hitting questions they couldnt deflect from they shut it down. But the mantra was "its an early alpha and its what you would expect', and I heard more than one say 'if its 3,4,5, years before its released I am ok with that'. So those things from cheerleaders and shills paint a pretty telling picture.
    I frequent these boards since 2010 and you are by far the most toxic user i've ever seen. You top even legends in the SWTOR hate-storm that took place a few years back prior to its release. Your posts are nothing but spite, insults, condescend to anything and anyone SC related. Libels isn't adequate enough to characterize them. It almost feels that you have personal issues with CR and CIG.

And yet you remain untouched by the mods while others far less toxic, if at all, and provocative receive ban after ban. Which is indicative about how things are run around here. One of the reasons i only visit once per week.
    GdemamirodarinOdeezee