Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What graphics?

2»

Comments

• BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 240
    lahnmir said:

Opinions are fun, don't let them get to you. The other people are just as wrong as you are, lighten up.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir 

I really do agree on this. I'm very opinionated on how bad FF14 is and my apathy for the game does not help. Regardless, in my own mind, all the praise posts about FF14 have to be hired gunner writings because anything FF14 has done, any other game on the market had implemented better. 

I guess it's to each own's taste.
    Gdemami

• linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589
    I think people need to understand there is a fundamental difference between graphics/graphics fidelity and art assets. Art assets while being a games visuals are not the graphics/graphics fidelity level of the game. For instance Wildstar has pretty high graphics/graphics fidelity, but very cartoony art assets/art style.
  • RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206
    I'm with you man.
    How can we even stand all this ugliness,I don't understand.

Octagon7711ExcessionPanther2103Nepheth
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    jeatac said:
    @FlyByKnight

"Every once in a while there is a topic on MMORPG that reminds me of how divided people are.

People like to be polite and call it "difference of opinion" or "difference in taste". It's definitely not that. There's fact vs fiction, informed vs uninformed, blindness vs vision. This is not an aesthetic conversation. OP said the graphics are terrible ("Simpsons with swords"). Either this person is visually impaired, mentally challenged or trolling.

I played GW2 and while I am critical of many of its features I don't understand how the f#$% anyone with any sense could say the game has bad graphics. They can say "I hate the art style", "I prefer photo-realism" but NOT "the graphics are terrible", oh and then invoke World Of Warcraft. I think of that movie The Crazies. Either way, nice attempt on the troll or I'm sorry about your condition."

I apologize Fanboi, I assure you I am not putting down GW2. I enjoy playing the game very much. I am not comparing the graphics to WOW or EQ2 or RIFT. I have not played them in a long time and their graphics are bad! I recently stopped playing FFXIV out of boredom and thought I would give GW2 a try since it is "Free to Play". FFXIV I have to admit has impressive graphics though. I just thought GW2 would be a bit more realistic looking is all.

P.S I am not visually impaired, mentally challenged or trolling I assure you. Just stating an opinion or an observance.

Yes, I'm totally a GW2 fanboi. Clearly. Another great observance of you. 2/2.

"I came from WOW/EQ2/Rift/FFXIV and I am let down."
    "Graphics as absolutely horrible. It looks like the Simpsons with swords."
    "I just thought GW2 would be a bit more realistic looking is all"

If you are not visually impaired, mentally challenged, or trolling then something is clearly off with you or your PC. That or you deal exclusively in wild hyperbole. 

For instance how does one expect realism from GW2? Did you not see or hear of the game before you downloaded and joined it? You didn't go to youtube or guildwars2.com ONE time?  I'm not going to normalize the silliness of the OP as a difference as taste/opinion.
    Nepheth
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ChicagoCubChicagoCub Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Really?  You played WOW, EQ2, RIFT and FFXIV and you're complaining about graphics?  Really?
    Nepheth
  • saintriku92saintriku92 Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Im just going to leave these here, Sure the vanilla zones are a bit dated but to say they are horrible is definately trolling, keep in mind these aren't ultra graphics more middle to high( the first pic is my 2 irl friends enjoying the night sky in the desert :) ( i will agree that lots of vanilla gear looks low res, but go back and look at wow vanilla gear and tell me it looks better xD
    ExcessionPanther2103Octagon7711Nephethpsychosiz1
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    edited October 2017
    Many people mean art style when they say ' I don't like the graphics of this game'. They do understand the distinction between art style and graphics, but because they are talking about a game they are used to just use the term graphics in both cases for some reason.

Then you have people who make weird assumptions about graphics quality with certain art styles. Like how they can't believe that a cartoon style game can have high graphics quality. But that is just because they don't understand the technical side of graphics in games.

So you get threads like this :/
    Beezerbeez
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    There is no possible way this game can be considered to look bad graphically. Even if you don't like the art style there is so much detail and the world looks really nice. Personally I think it's probably one of the best looking MMO's on the market currently, but like other people have said thats just an opinion and you are entitled to yours as well. I just think maybe look at it differently? Because there is nothing in the game that looks like a cartoon, it might have a bit of shading that might look cartoon like but everything else is very 3D and nothing like the simpsons with swords. I just can't see how you see it like that but unless you show some screens of what your game looks like then we can't rule out you having some weird settings going on.
    Octagon7711Nepheth
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    jeatac said:
    I just started the free to play. I am a level 8 Warrior. I have always wanted to try GW2 thanks to F2P I get the chance now. I came from WOW/EQ2/Rift/FFXIV and I am let down. I may have had my expectations set to high. I realize the game is "older" in comparison to FFXIV but I am finding the Graphics as absolutely horrible. It looks like the Simpsons with swords. I am really enjoying the gameplay and the living world but the graphics are just so bad then what I got used to. Are the 2 newest expansions graphics any better? Have AN ever upgraded the graphics engine since release?
    yeah its an older game from 2012 I think? I got it when it first came out and it was amazing at the time.  like the best looking MMORPG out there for a while.  its been 5 years since release so of course it will look dated. you should have tried it 5 years ago honestly.  it was only 30 bucks B2P......you missed out on its heydey for real.  next time, get a new game when it comes out, even if its B2P for 30 bucks. you could have been playing it for 5 years.  5 years of enjoyment is worth 30 bucks imho.  

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    The graphics are not bad. Why do I feel this whole thread is trolling me?

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    edited October 2017
    Really?  You played WOW, EQ2, RIFT and FFXIV and you're complaining about graphics?  Really?
    well he said GW2 looked like the simpsons.  WoW is a cartoon, but its more like 1950s disney mickey mouse level graphics.  so maybe he likes cartoons hehehe.  Rift was ok when it was released but yeah its muccccchhhhhhh worse than GW2 heheh.  

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    this game has incredible environments imo.
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    indeed, the graphics paired with dx9 look dated and are bad. They were like that even in release. Aesthetics were fine, graphicall wise it looked always bad: Ground textures, range, fog, objects, etc.
  • saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    exile01 said:
    indeed, the graphics paired with dx9 look dated and are bad. They were like that even in release. Aesthetics were fine, graphicall wise it looked always bad: Ground textures, range, fog, objects, etc.
    can fix it all with reshade

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    You know when you're being trolled and this is definitely an example of it.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    it's no black desert that's for sure. 

if graphics is all you want try Black desert or Elder Scrolls Online. 
    BDO do look a bit better, newer game. ESO I don't agree, look about as good in my opinion but have a different art direction.