Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I thought this was an interesting read for anyone who cares about the game

AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
Always nice to discover little (or big) nuggets like these in f2p games that can potentially be making their way in.

http://massivelyop.com/2017/10/06/players-express-anger-over-lord-of-the-rings-online-adding-high-end-gear-to-lockboxes/

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    So what? People who have less time to play but more disposable income can get some gear. You don't "win" LOTRO, you enjoy the world and story. If this helps people do that more fine. Also....support the game. There are many freeloaders that go out of their way to not pay any money. I really don't care if you quit or not, you are not the ones keeping this game alive.
    pantaro
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2017
    Lol I guess every game has its own level of tolerance inside of its community? Personally I dont play. It was just something recently announced so I thought people who had it on their radar might be interested.
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    edited October 2017
    I just started playing the game never played before. needed something fresh(to me at least) and something i can just get lost in the world and immersed so i seen that article the other day and i was a little sad.

On one hand yes it's totally unacceptable on so many levels on the other hand,i hate raiding and anything considered end game,at least how it has been done so far in most themepark games.

also who knows what the financial situation is at standing stone games and how many years this game has or hasn't got left.....so.... 
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    I'm wondering which group is yelling the loudest?  Those that don't want you to spend money to get the gear ..... or those WITHOUT money to (or WON'T) buy the gear?

Honestly we've had lock boxes for a long time now.  The key's do drop (once in a great while) so don't buy them if you don't want to.  

And a different way to look at it would be; all those raiders that moan over the lack of others raiding, maybe if they get the gear easier, you'd have more players joining you.
    Moxom914

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    its also a way for the company to receive some extra cash. this game doesnt have many players to begin with so take the money where you can get it.