Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Around the Verse - Manned Turret Makeover - Star Citizen Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageAround the Verse - Manned Turret Makeover - Star Citizen Videos - MMORPG.com

In the latest Star Citizen: Around the Verse, Sandi Gardiner and Chris Roberts take a look at manned turrets, as well as improvements overall to the game. In addition, 3.0 has made it into the hands of test groups, a seminal moment in its development.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Alpha 3.0 Patch Notes

https://pastebin.com/ns8vTSp4

Currently tested by the volunteer "Evocati" testers (the most active tester group that consistently has sent in the best bug reports). Afterwards rolled out in waves to the other backer playtesters.

Have fun
    JamesGoblin
    edited October 2017
    Raizzeenn said:
    It is quite pathetic how much they have outsourced and what a complete mess it all is. I realy hope it fails so hard.
    Feel free to let us know what they have outsourced in your opinion.

Because they have greatly reduced the amount of outsourced activities years ago and pulled back most of the work in house (e.g. AI, FPS, mo-cap) after they have finished setting up their own team and studios. When it comes to their webpage and digital platforms, they rely a lot on Turbulent .... but otherwise most of the work on Star Citizen is done in one of their own studios (2 in the USA, 1 in Germany, 1 big one and 1 very small one in UK). 

Have fun
    JamesGoblin
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    I like what they're going for with the turret mechanic, it still needs work obviously but it looks quite decent for an 'early' pass.
  • aligada8712aligada8712 Member CommonPosts: 7

Raizzeenn said:

It is quite pathetic how much they have outsourced and what a complete mess it all is. I realy hope it fails so hard.

i bet u havent even bought the game. stop making comments when all you've done so far is watch you tube. great games like this takes time. fps, exploration, arena. they have all aspects of the game put into 1. also if you think it takes 5 yrs to develop a game with fps, advance exploration, arena and other advance mechanics of the game like pve/pvp then you should just stop and think twice.
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    The only thing I want to hear from this game is "persistant world has launched". Tks bye.
    postlarvalAlomar
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003

The only thing I want to hear from this game is "persistant world has launched". Tks bye.

I've already resigned myself to the fact that I'll die of old age before this game releases.

goobsnews

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    edited October 2017
    So I guess we backers paid for that pretty wall mural. smh. And man....people defending this debacle is just baffling. I paid money into this, I will complain all I want.
    MaurgrimAlomarZandoggoobsnews
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Their videos remind me of a reality TV show, now a days. Wonder what they're working on for the convention?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• strykr619strykr619 Member UncommonPosts: 284

Viper482 said:

So I guess we backers paid for that pretty wall mural. smh.

And man....people defending this debacle is just baffling. I paid money into this, I will complain all I want.

Already got a charge bank from my bank, I WAS a backer....
    goobsnews
    strykr619 said:

Viper482 said:

And man....people defending this debacle is just baffling. I paid money into this, I will complain all I want.

I guess the new backers - a few thousand per week since 2012 - will compensate for that loss.

Have fun
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Erillion said:
    strykr619 said:

Viper482 said:

I guess the new backers - a few thousand per week since 2012 - will compensate for that loss.

Have fun
    Wow they must be using some really good bait to lure in that many,Bob Izumi would love to know what that bait is.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Raizzeenn said:

Or you could help that despite issues it does well?

Because your stance seems to come across as injured, petulant and hateful because ... why?

If you have given money then you can only hope that it's not in vain. If you haven't given money then you have no horse in this race so no real reason to hope that this fails.
    Zandog
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ZandogZandog Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Glad to see it finally got a public test version out, even if it's limited to core backers. Sometimes I think people who want this game to fail, yet say they have no investment into it are afraid that it might be too complicated for them to understand, have no friends to play with and fear being left out of its success. Why spend so much time and energy trying to speculate on a projects failures when clearly it's fans are patient enough to take the risk of seeing it succeed?

People are strange.
    Erillion
    Every time Goonsquad/SA/DS post salt on Star Citizen, I spend more money on it. Every time a mentally disturbed former backer or Elite CMDR toxic emo comments, I spend more money on it. Every time they refuse to answer why they spend so much time arguing about a game they don't even like, I spend more money on it. Want to watch the world burn because you can't have your way? You got whats coming to you.