Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Epic Lowers the Boom and Bans Thousands of Players in Battle Royale - Fortnite - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageEpic Lowers the Boom and Bans Thousands of Players in Battle Royale - Fortnite - MMORPG.com

Fortnite News - "Let's be straight for a second, nobody likes playing with cheaters. Not you, not me. Nobody." So starts the latest Fortnite blog that announces that thousands of accounts have been banned from the Battle Royale mode and "we have no plans to stop". Epic says that addressing cheaters is the highest priority at Epic.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Epic was at the forefront of catching cheaters way back around 2000 so not surprised at all.An independent group started the anti cheat then eventually Epic hired them to work for them.I know Punkbuster was big with Valve but i quit COD just because cheating was so rampant and sadly cheating will remain rampant in fps games,geesh i was surprised when Blizz caught a bunch cheating in D3,it puts a damper on gaming in general and shows what kind of people are in our games.

The problem is that seeing how easily money has been spent the last few years,i am certain this will just increase more sales but not stop cheating as it is near impossible to stop cheating.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    but making them have to repurchase the game is costly to cheaters. HOWEVER i believe that next year this game goes F2P, how would banning accounts combat cheaters then, when they can just go and make a new one.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Maybe the solution is for developers to make a shooter where commonly used cheats such as aimbotting, radar and speed hacking are built into the game itself and the difficulty ramped up to where you have to use them just to play.

;)
    klash2def

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

but making them have to repurchase the game is costly to cheaters. HOWEVER i believe that next year this game goes F2P, how would banning accounts combat cheaters then, when they can just go and make a new one.

Battle Royale is already F2P.
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

Battle Royale is already F2P.

Ah the irony of getting banned in a f2p game....and the mild inconvenience of having to make a new account....Feels bad man.
    mcrippins
  • joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247
    edited October 2017
    That's were account progress comes in. If you want to throw everything away and cheat go ahead.
    [Deleted User]SomeHuman
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    joeri123 said:
    That's were account progress comes in. If you want to throw everything away and cheat go ahead.
    That does less to stop people than you'd think. Hell, try playing Paladins. You're likely to run into aimbots every few matches. Even with the heavy progression in that game, rampant cheating makes that popular f2p shooter almost unplayable.
    BruceYee
  • SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    Maybe account creation should become more difficult and/or time could consuming in addition to other measures. I’m sure there all sorts of techy things they can try. We can’t just fold our hand. I don’t like the idea of making cheats part of the game because it bends the creativity of devs to cheaters and abusers.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA