Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOL @ Typical Kickstarter trash

FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
Before Kickstarter campaign:

"HEY GUYS! CHECK OUT HOW AWESOME OUR FUCKING NEW GAME IS GONNA BE!!! GIVE US MONEY AND WE'LL DO IT...CROSS OUR HEARTS AND HOPE TO DIE!!!"

After Successful Kickstarter Campaign and 2 years of banking 8% off your investment on high yield/high risk bonds:

"Hey guys, this is what we've made so far... give us more moneyz and well add stretch goals.. like... a mount!!"

CalexJamesGoblinHarikenvaloizConstantineMerusMaurgrimPanther2103Krypty

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    So what's the deal? you're drunk?
    [Deleted User]pantaroLackingMMOConstantineMerusTokken[Deleted User]Panther2103
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited October 2017
    You're trusting your money with a stranger and even someone with a great track record can go to the dark side when they're trusted with a ton of money and have little oversight.

Yet every once in awhile a great game gets made.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    You're trusting your money with a stranger and even someone with a great track record can go to the dark side when they're trusted with a ton of money and have little oversight.

name one....
    aleos
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2017
    rodarin said:

name one....
    Divinity: Original Sin?
    Point: Sed, Match score: 1 - 0

Unfortunately Sed, you know he'll beat you if he lists all the failed KSers lol

More on point though, the main thing that's bugging me is this feeling of the game being linear, like it looks like a bunch of small zones, but maybe thats just because of the video footage they showed.
    rodarin said:

name one....
    I would normally argue because its not an MMO, but they did make it for like 5 million. But I think they only got a million from KS.

So points for making it cheap, but not an MMO.
    Gdemami
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Before Kickstarter campaign:

"HEY GUYS! CHECK OUT HOW AWESOME OUR FUCKING NEW GAME IS GONNA BE!!! GIVE US MONEY AND WE'LL DO IT...CROSS OUR HEARTS AND HOPE TO DIE!!!"

After Successful Kickstarter Campaign and 2 years of banking 8% off your investment on high yield/high risk bonds:

"Hey guys, this is what we've made so far... give us more moneyz and well add stretch goals.. like... a mount!!"

Is this a real picture from within the game or something ill ask them in the ashes of creation discord...

Oh and the game still looks better than Albion lol even in this picture just the graphics and models are more amazing.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    valoiz
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited October 2017
    rodarin said:
    rodarin said:

name one....
    I would normally argue because its not an MMO, but they did make it for like 5 million. But I think they only got a million from KS.

But he wasn't asking for an MMO, he was asking for a great game, so Sedryn named one. I'll raise it with Grim Dawn, Broken Age, Massive Chalice, Battle Chasers, Torment, Wasteland 2, Earthlock, Balrum etc.

Point being, if you can't seperate a turd from a diamond so you keep buying shit, well, that's on you and not on what is available. 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    JamesGoblinjimmywolfOctagon7711ConstantineMerusMaurgrim[Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    rodarin said:
    rodarin said:

name one....

If you're limiting the genre to MMO then... Albion... Albion is pretty successful so far.
    Albion online wasn't a kickstarter.
    Gdemami
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Shaigh said:
    rodarin said:
    rodarin said:

name one....

If you're limiting the genre to MMO then... Albion... Albion is pretty successful so far.

It was crowdfunded though. If you think there is a difference then..... I don't know what to tell you. 
    postlarvalConstantineMerus[Deleted User]

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

Shaigh said:
    rodarin said:
    rodarin said:

name one....

and its not what I would call successful either. but mincing words I suppose.

As for the list of game the other guy mentioned. I never heard of any of them.

Also the ORIGINAL statement was "GREAT" mgames.Yet every once in awhile a great game gets made. "Yet every once in awhile a great game gets made."

So once again I could play the semantics card and double down and claim none of them, not even divinity would qualify there. But of course everyone can have an opinion on 'greatness'. But I dont think the general consensus on Albion would be anything other than 'meh'.

But the picture in the original post has been all over the internet for awhile now. So really nothing new here.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited October 2017
    rodarin said:
    Shaigh said:
    rodarin said:
    rodarin said:

name one....

Also the ORIGINAL statement was "GREAT" mgames.Yet every once in awhile a great game gets made. "Yet every once in awhile a great game gets made."

So once again I could play the semantics card and double down and claim none of them, not even divinity would qualify there. But of course everyone can have an opinion on 'greatness'. But I dont think the general consensus on Albion would be anything other than 'meh'.

But the picture in the original post has been all over the internet for awhile now. So really nothing new here.
    The games mentioned are all well known, except for Balrum perhaps. None of them are AAA of course, else they wouldn't have used KS in the first place. Divinity 1 and 2 are actually some of the greatest games made. According to Gamerankings' meta data the second one is actually the best PC game ever made, or second place now. That is as objectively great as it gets. 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    CrazKanukMadFrenchieOctagon7711[Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• valoizvaloiz Member UncommonPosts: 52
    For real nobody should give money to these guys. 
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    edited October 2017
    There is not one kickstarter mmo that i even care about. And i've checked them all out too. The funny part is non of them will be the game promised to you after you gave them your money.
    Kyleran
    CrazKanuk said:
    Shaigh said:
    rodarin said:
    rodarin said:

name one....

It was crowdfunded though. If you think there is a difference then..... I don't know what to tell you. 
    With albion online you got to play the game immediately after you purchased a pack, with ashes of creation you have to wait. If you think there is no difference between playing something immediately compared to waiting to play the game I don't know what to tell you.
    valoizKyleran
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
    lahnmir said:
    rodarin said:
    Shaigh said:
    rodarin said:
    rodarin said:

name one....

The games mentioned are all well known, except for Balrum perhaps. None of them are AAA of course, else they wouldn't have used KS in the first place. Divinity 1 and 2 are actually some of the greatest games made. According to Gamerankings' meta data the second one is actually the best PC game ever made, or second place now. That is as objectively great as it gets. 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    The original plan for Divinity: Original sin 2 was to never go through kickstarter.
    link
    There was bit of a reaction to the news and the CEO discussed with the fans on whether they should go for kickstarter or not.
    link
    In the end the positive was bigger than the negative and they went back to kickstarter as explained here.
    link

For bigger projects kickstarter only cover a small part of the costs and developers have to find the rest of their funds elsewhere.
    KyleranGdemami
  • BestinnaBestinna Member UncommonPosts: 190
    this ashes of creation picture looks like my first day on unity.
    JamesGoblin
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Shaigh said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Shaigh said:
    rodarin said:
    rodarin said:

name one....

With albion online you got to play the game immediately after you purchased a pack, with ashes of creation you have to wait. If you think there is no difference between playing something immediately compared to waiting to play the game I don't know what to tell you.

You weren't playing a released game though. You were playing an Alpha. The game was just released. What I will say is I definitely respect your perspective and it's actually pretty interesting to note, because if this HAD been a Kickstarter, then I'm sure we would have seen a much different reception. However, it seems that because someone let you buy into a shitty, broken, game that isn't finished, you seem to feel more at ease or positive about the experience. If nothing else, I feel like game companies should take note of that. I mean they kind of already do, you know, because it's been slowly trending that way for years, where you come to Kickstarter with something much more polished, rather than an idea, but it's an interesting perspective of how someone interprets the ability to immediately play something versus having to wait, even though both games may, and probably are, in the same or a similar state. I guess that probably explains why Steam went with the Early Access route versus something more in-line with what Kickstarter was doing. 

I just wanted to say that's not a slight against you at all. I was literally very interested in that response, so thank you. 
    ConstantineMerus

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Where did you find those screens of how it looks? I can't find anything in any video or screenshot that looks like that. All of the gameplay videos all look like the first video linked.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Okay after looking that image up, it's literally an image from an MMO starter pack. You should probably state that's where you got the picture since it's giving a pretty bad representation of what the game actually is, when it isn't even from the game.
    Kyleran
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    edited October 2017
    Okay after looking that image up, it's literally an image from an MMO starter pack. You should probably state that's where you got the picture since it's giving a pretty bad representation of what the game actually is, when it isn't even from the game.
    Was just about to say that, checked their site and twitter, but no image like that has shown up.

I don't know if people are so desperate for a new game they want them to release in an unrealistic dev time or just really hate kickstarter/crowdfunded games :/
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Bestinna said:
    this ashes of creation picture looks like my first day on unity.
    We look forward to playing your game.........
    [Deleted User]

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    edited October 2017
    Drunk post or really ignorant post?
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    I think it's going to be a good game but I am not going to kickstart.
    kickstart star Citizen they need the money, lol.
This discussion has been closed.