Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which MMORPG have most Raids/Dungeons ..?

davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458

1. Which mmorpg have most dungeons /raids? (also which mmorpg have hard dungeons /raids i dont want only easy mode :D

2. which mmorpg have most endgame gear ( t1/t2/t3..)(i dont want only 1gear / i dont want max gear after 1week and after dat nothing to do) i want slowly not crazy slow :D improving my gear/get better gear

3. also alot open world grind mobs/open world boss ...

4.  ...

Comments

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    DMKano said:
    eq1 is going to be hard to beat in terms of dungeons and gear
    I sure hope Pantheon goes a similar route. Playing vanilla wow currently but it's main failing was not really expanding dungeon's and raids to cover gear for every spec in game equally. TBC expansion really came out too damn early and more should have been added to the main world before the massive gear and level hike.

You stay sassy!

I'm comparing the evolution of content and how EQ and some older mmos were at launch ... not 18 years of content push. That is rather silly to even consider.

Compared to many of today's mmos however? Some have no dungeons or 1 dungeon per every 1/4 of the leveling path. Not a big fan of that approach.

You stay sassy!

• LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    2 and 3 rules out the newer style games honestly, going to have to take a trip in time to get this type of stuff. 
    edited October 2017
    Asheron's Call has a shit ton of dungeons. Honestly most weren't really worthy of anything special other than exploring but the concept was cool matched the loot system as it was more random stats like Diablo. The more dangerous the dungeon the higher tier of loot table it had.

Not as easy to do in games with structured gear placement. 

Most of today's mmos have far to lengthy content creation to do this anymore. BDO doesn't even have dungeons sadly. As far as raids go they are so tiered and open to rotating door policy through queues I'd imagine most can't top retail Wow by comparison. 

Matching a modern mmo to social mechanics and difficulty of game play is the disconnect I have issues with which is why I hope this is addressed in game's like Pantheon. 

You stay sassy!

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    I would say WoW, EQ, EQ2 are the top.

I do not know how leveling is in WoW nowadays, but the problem with EQ is you will blow past most of the dungeons. So many low level dungeons, but not enough top end stuff(imo). The dungeons post 85 will need close to a full group, and EQ is not populated enough to support full groups. But don't let that stop you. I go back from time to time and level a toon to 100 pretty quickly, and its fun. Just lonely.
  • Jixen9Jixen9 Member UncommonPosts: 49
     everquest and everquest 2 progression servers have a very healthy population and endless dungeon and grouping in dungeons... Sadly new games dont really do the whole group dungeon thing anymore,, or atleast they dont do it right,, lets hope pantheon brings it back
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    DMKano said:
    Tamanous said:
    DMKano said:
    eq1 is going to be hard to beat in terms of dungeons and gear
    I sure hope Pantheon goes a similar route. Playing vanilla wow currently but it's main failing was not really expanding dungeon's and raids to cover gear for every spec in game equally. TBC expansion really came out too damn early and more should have been added to the main world before the massive gear and level hike.

No way in hell can Pantheon compete out of the gate with 18 years of EQ content + expansions.

That's just not realistic - unless you are talking about after 18 years (if it lasts that long) - Pantheon would be similar to EQ1 in terms of dungeons and gear.

Pantheon Devs are not planning to have Raid Progression on par with what EQ had, so it will probably never get there...  Unless players pressure them to change course on that.