Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats up with Champions? Craving Superheo action

cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
So whats going on with Champions? I toyed around with it when it first came out, but was to involved in guild affairs in another game to really give it a go. How is it doing these days? It looks like they have done development for it since it released, but i am not seeing anything recently? 

Anyone here play? If so how is the community. I know City of Heroes always had an amazing community even before it closed down and wasnt as popular. Is champions the same? Are there active Superteams (guilds) in the game? And lastly how is the content? I am kinda craving some superpower fun. Didnt care for the DC MMO at all. Thanks.

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited October 2017
    That's a lot of questions... :wink:
    I used to play, but not as my main game. The community is helpful and mostly friendly, probably because their number is fairly low :smiley:  there are a couple recruiting supergroups, and smaller ones on the side for roleplaying. You've just missed the anniversary, activity spikes up in those weeks (the freebies sure help in that).

How's it, content, development since launch:
    well, first of all it was switched to f2p. If you left before that, you won't be able to access your former characters unless you subscribe, since the main f2p restriction is that they don't have FreeForm.
    (if you don't want to sub, you can convert your characters into Archetypes and play them for free, but that way you will lose their power selections. Maybe not much of a loss, don't know how well you remember their skills and gameplay)

There were content updates over the years (those are all available for free now), changes into mechanics (mainly the crafting), new ones added (Alerts, vehicles, "housing"). There was a couple years long dormant period, but lately PWE is paying a bit more attention to the game, last they changed the endgame and added a new lair (this February). There are smaller events too, almost every month.

Since it's just a quick download away from you (client is pretty small, less than 7 Gb), if you already have an account I'd say jump in and give it a try. The free ATs are decent enough even for the endgame, especially if you don't want to hassle with theory-crafting your powers.
    cybertrucker
  • cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Thanks for the heads up. Will give it a whirl this weekend. 
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Have fun :wink:  just did a random search for the last month on youtube about the recent state:
    https://youtu.be/IlzOGypiORs
    These bosses can be tough... especially on pugs.