Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which game should i play Gloria victis or ESO?

badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
I already posted a question asking which is best siege game and people gave named so many games but most of them dont have the features i wanted and for darkfall age of agon iam having problem paying for game because of currency they dont accept our currency(i use steam wallet) so  now i got two games Gloria victis and ESO(said by guy called " MMOEXPOSED" THANKS TO HIM.)  so which game has nice siege like we can attack our enemies whenever we want no time or anything  like siege can happen at any time . and can you also please tell me how siege works in those games. thank you 

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    As Gloria Victis is still in early access, its not a game i would currently recommend.
    Until its actually a finished product its pointless to argue whether to choose it over another game or not, things can change between now and the games eventual release after all.
    However ESO is out now and is complete, so perhaps play ESO until such time as Gloria Victis is finished, could be a long time after all. :o
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    And the ESO journey,Crafting and Lore are very enjoayable to boot
  • badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
    edited September 2016
    So how siege in ESO work? can i attack enemies base at any time i want in ESO?  and when will gloria victis release?
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    GV is still way too raw, its going to be a great game one day ( I think ) and worth the wait, so wait.  They are still using placeholder models and animations for combat.  There is still ALLOT of work to do on this game.  

To me combat is the single most important part of an MMO and combat feels like its about 30% done in that game.
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Yes, in ESO you can Siege an enemy fort, outpost, keep, resources, players, etc, ANY time you want!  

Sieging castles, resources and players is a blast!

disclaimer - you have to be at least level 10 to siege in pvp

Some siege engines are better against buildings and some siege engines are better against people.

Have fun!

Sz  :)
    i asked that because in game page they say territory war occurs only on    "TW occurs every tuesday, thursday, saturday, and sunday at 18:00 server time." so are you sure we can do siege  at any time we want?
    and can my guild able to own town or city in that game ? if so how long  till my enemies capture the land? and "goboygo" yes gloria victis looks great realistic pvp but i dont know how guild system work because they already force us to join pre existing faction and there is also guild which we can create so dont understand how it works .
    I asked that because in game page they said     "TW occurs every tuesday, thursday, saturday, and sunday at 18:00 server time." are you sure  we do siege at any time we want? because if purchase this and it does not have it . its waste of money i cant do siege at server time because i neither play in european or american time zone and prefer to do siege whenever our guild wants. and can our guild own city and town if so how long? like till our enemy capture or siege it? and goboygo yes its great game but dont know how guild system works because they force us to join pre existing faction but we can also create our own guild so dont understand it.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    I don't agree that because Gloria Victis is early access, that it isn't worth it.  A lot of people get a lot of enjoyment out of early access and helping to shape the game.  From what I've seen the Devs try hard to take feedback and do something with it.  Also, they are completely different games.  ESO is much higher on the Themepark scale than GV.

I self identify as a monkey.

• MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592
    edited September 2016
    ESO!!!!!! Gloria Victis is just not worth . That game is far from an enjoyable game !
    There were bugs and things that didn't change for half year I doubt Gloria will ever became a Game a good game but you can try if you want I regretted for buying Early Access played around few hours and hated it never again returned to it .
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    badermal said:
    I asked that because in game page they said     "TW occurs every tuesday, thursday, saturday, and sunday at 18:00 server time." are you sure  we do siege at any time we want? because if purchase this and it does not have it . its waste of money i cant do siege at server time because i neither play in european or american time zone and prefer to do siege whenever our guild wants. and can our guild own city and town if so how long? like till our enemy capture or siege it? and goboygo yes its great game but dont know how guild system works because they force us to join pre existing faction but we can also create our own guild so dont understand it.
    You sure you're reading about ESO and not some other game?

ESO PVP including sieges occur 24/7 365 days a year.

The only game that I know of that has limited scheduled sieges is Black Desert Online... there may be others but definitely not ESO.
    YashaX
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• psychosiz1psychosiz1 Member UncommonPosts: 200
    I would have said the same thing about not going GV due to early development.  However, having now experienced both fairly recently, I would say GV was the better choice for me.  I simply had a better time playing it.
    edited September 2016
    sorry i read it on wrong game 
    and also i viewed it in forum its says siege warfare in eso is quest . so we do siege as a quest in this game? or the siege is like we can attack enemies guild for taking over fort and looting their stuff. and you said its like guild war but i hope it wont have reset everyweek like in guild war and bascially you cant own any fort land there because it keep changing hands i hope these wont happen in ESO . attacking enemies and taking over their towns is ok but dont prefer like it changing hands every minutes/ hours lol
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    badermal said:
    and also i viewed it in forum its says siege warfare in eso is quest . so we do siege as a quest in this game? or the siege is like we can attack enemies guild for taking over fort and looting their stuff. and you said its like guild war but i hope it wont have reset everyweek like in guild war and bascially you cant own any fort land there because it keep changing hands i hope these wont happen in ESO . attacking enemies and taking over their towns is ok but dont prefer like it changing hands every minutes/ hours lol
    Its because they can be attacked at any time, that once you have the fort, you need to be able to hold it, so if you attack and then move on, its going to be taken over fairly quickly by another guild etc.
    I suspect this is one of those situations where you need to join a decent guild that engages in such things, besides it wouldn't be much of a challenge, or fun, if people didn't try to defend their forts etc. B)
    edited September 2016
    thats sound like siege  boring in ESO lol if players dont defend they just go attack and conquer terriotries and leave it like it happens in battlefield3 lol then i better wait for gloria victis the combat is realsitic we can build our own towns houses etc and evey game lags at begining but  will be better later .
  • BeastWarriorWildBeastWarriorWild Member CommonPosts: 2
    HELLO can i start some discussion here ? i got question too  but cant make my own thread so can i ask here? 
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    badermal said:
    thats sound like siege  boring in ESO lol if players dont defend they just go attack and conquer terriotries and leave it like it happens in battlefield3 lol then i better wait for gloria victis the combat is realsitic we can build our own towns houses etc and evey game lags at begining but  will be better later .
    Players do defend; you have to hold more forts/resources than the other factions to win a campaign. Its not like in GW2 where fort swapping seems to be common. 
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    GV is in a state in which it isn't ready for launch yet. I love the premise of the game and it is quite fun when it's working properly, but they are still actively changing major systems in the game consistently. I would wait until launch or at least maybe a while before trying it out. It's still very much an alpha.