Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does Star Citizen deserve its hate?

1234568»

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited October 2017
    ScotchUp said:
    Yep the doors wouldn't open, players could stand in door ways and block people. It was a mess, yet was fixed relatively fast. Because they had publishers pushing them to fix it.

SC hasn't that problem, they can leave a game breaking bug as long as they wish. No one is behind them pushing them to get things running correctly. 

Just pointing out it's a little unfair to compare. When both are run differently from the top down.
    It's one Alpha.

There's the sort of priorities for a game where exploits, cheats, and just griefing doesn't really matter as must-fixes that early on, ofc in games already released this is breaking and will cause outrage.

Brings advantage over the Alpha in the aspect, this problems will appear early enough and by release they can prevent that first impact MMO's face with"hackers! cheaters! griefers! panic!!!" at release.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Eldurian said:

Thankfully the game is already good enough that I could probably main game it and enjoy doing so at this point if I didn't have other obligations elsewhere.
    Yeah, you've never actually played it have you.

Kefokikoodutroa8

..Cake..

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited October 2017
    sgel said:
    Eldurian said:

Thankfully the game is already good enough that I could probably main game it and enjoy doing so at this point if I didn't have other obligations elsewhere.

Absolutely. Arena Commander is fleshed out enough to be an engaging match based game. The fact that the combat is as difficult to master as it is means that if I were to maingame it now that it would give me a serious edge come release. I think a lot of people are going to hop in expecting it to be something really basic and easy and get slaughtered, or find themselves redding out and slamming into obstacles 30 times a race.

That is something I see as a potentially serious shortcoming of the game. The attention to detail and focus on realism are fairly intense and I think that is going to turn away a lot of people who were hoping for an easier game. That's also a good thing depending on who you talk to and what they are looking for though.

It's like when someone said "No skill required, buy an Idriss" in one of these topics. Anyone who just buys the priciest ship they can find and think that removes their need to learn aiming and maneuvering is going to be in for a very nasty surprise.
    rpmcmurphy
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Eldurian said:
    sgel said:
    Eldurian said:

Absolutely. Arena Commander is fleshed out enough to be an engaging match based game. The fact that the combat is as difficult to master as it is means that if I were to maingame it now that it would give me a serious edge come release. I think a lot of people are going to hop in expecting it to be something really basic and easy and get slaughtered, or find themselves redding out and slamming into obstacles 30 times a race.

That is something I see as a potentially serious shortcoming of the game. The attention to detail and focus on realism are fairly intense and I think that is going to turn away a lot of people who were hoping for an easier game. That's also a good thing depending on who you talk to and what they are looking for though.

It's like when someone said "No skill required, buy an Idriss" in one of these topics. Anyone who just buys the priciest ship they can find and think that removes their need to learn aiming and maneuvering is going to be in for a very nasty surprise.

Arena Commander is so good it's perceived as bad.

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    I'm assuming that has a lot more to do with the difficulty of the combat than anything else. Once you get over the fact that it isn't WoW and you actually have to try it can be quite fun.
    I wouldn't call it difficult at all. Boring, lazy and unimaginative is far more apt.
  • RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Only true douchebags have created the kind of hate and vitriol towards what will be undoubtedly a groundbreaking gaming experience. Shameful really...
    rpmcmurphy
  • RingLdr77RingLdr77 Member CommonPosts: 8
    Rhime said:
    Only true douchebags have created the kind of hate and vitriol towards what will be undoubtedly a groundbreaking gaming experience. Shameful really...

People keep saying that, and I hope they are right, but I will wait to see how ground breaking it actually is, IF it ships.
    edited October 2017
    Rhime said:

It's always a shame to see people so sucked in by hype and marketing. It's the product that matters, not what they say it will be and so far the product is rather mediocre.

esc-joconnoralkarionlog
This discussion has been closed.