Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-Alpha Event Sees 2500 Players Taking Part - Dual Universe Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2017 in Videos Discussion

imagePre-Alpha Event Sees 2500 Players Taking Part - Dual Universe Videos - MMORPG.com

Novaquark has opened up its first pre-alpha event for KickStarter backers at the Gold+ level. Over 2500 players check into the game to see how the "Single-Shard Cluster" system works.

Read the full story here

Comments

• VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Please be good!!
    Hefaistos
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I didn't even know what this game was, but after watching a 10 minute IGN video on gameplay it looks super interesting. I need to try this out. It's like if No Mans Sky had terraforming which is awesome, plus building looks really nice as well. I'm sure it could get super laggy depending on how in depth you go with how you build something but man that would be fun.
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515
    one of the few games i'm really looking forward to!
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Voidfarer said:

Please be good!!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited October 2017
    Any reviews so far? $566 for a lifetime subscription, ouchy. https://community.dualthegame.com/pledge

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300
    edited October 2017
    After watching the Repopulation spiral downward, I won’t purchase anything under early access. I hope it works out because the concept for this game is very interesting
    Octagon7711vito11
  • SirLornSirLorn Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Am I the only who noticed how this excellent trailer addressed every critique about their initial announcement trailer, with out a single word uttered! Brilliant.....
    DavodtheTuttSignex
  • MagplarMagplar Member UncommonPosts: 21
    ZZzzz...
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    edited October 2017

Any reviews so far?

$566 for a lifetime subscription, ouchy.
    https://community.dualthegame.com/pledge

youll have to wait till alpha pre alpha is under strict nda until they say so so might be fore ever for pre alpha. But alpha should have no nda. Plus there not offering lifetime subs any more. last day was september 7th
  • vito11vito11 Member UncommonPosts: 34

Any reviews so far?

$566 for a lifetime subscription, ouchy.
    https://community.dualthegame.com/pledge

You can spend a few hundred to skype with devolopers! Tad more expensive that 5 hookers and some blow for a night.
  • DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415

I didn't even know what this game was, but after watching a 10 minute IGN video on gameplay it looks super interesting. I need to try this out. It's like if No Mans Sky had terraforming which is awesome, plus building looks really nice as well. I'm sure it could get super laggy depending on how in depth you go with how you build something but man that would be fun.

Uh, No Man's Sky with terraforming AND as a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER with mining, crafting, building architecture and spaceships, including multi-player-crewed spaceships with separate stations for different control functions. So far, I haven't seen much about procedurally-generated animal life, but they have forests so I expect animals will be included.

Magplar says "ZZzzz..." without explanation. Perhaps one of the many people who prefer to be lead through pre-written stories, picking up lots of loot to brag about, with levels or some ultimate boss so they can brag about how fast the got to the top/end. Won't be any of that in this game.
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Watched the last dev diary and the game is starting to look good, definitely something to keep an eye on.
    I hope they give some details about how their engine performed with lots of players in the same area.
  • zenomexzenomex Member UncommonPosts: 242

Uh, No Man's Sky with terraforming AND as a MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER with mining, crafting, building architecture and spaceships, including multi-player-crewed spaceships with separate stations for different control functions. So far, I haven't seen much about procedurally-generated animal life, but they have forests so I expect animals will be included.

Magplar says "ZZzzz..." without explanation. Perhaps one of the many people who prefer to be lead through pre-written stories, picking up lots of loot to brag about, with levels or some ultimate boss so they can brag about how fast the got to the top/end. Won't be any of that in this game.

Did u just react to a "zzz" with an entire paragraph while assuming a buttload of extremely retarded things? Holy shit worse than Wizardry haha
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    zenomex said:

Did u just react to a "zzz" with an entire paragraph while assuming a buttload of extremely retarded things? Holy shit worse than Wizardry haha
    He didn't assume anything, thats why he used 'perhaps.' Not that extremely retarded at all, just need some basic reading skill is all.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Looks interesting for sure. I am more of a fantasy genre fan but I enjoyed NMS so I will keep an eye on this one.