Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Issues I have with PoF so far

TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
edited October 2017 in Guild Wars 2

Density of mobs: Seriously; it is a pain to lose aggro even if you stealth, and if you run you just end with a whole zone hot on your tail and end up dragging the fun onto other folks just minding their business (not on purpose of course :D). We need either a density reduction on all the maps, and/or a de-aggro button. 

Eater of souls fight: WTF is this?  Ok this really made me end up rage quitting for a few hours. In all the years I have played MMOs, and GW2 I have rarely encountered a more annoying solo fight. That after spending 40 minutes fighting Balthazar, then running around in a zone for another 30min listening to dialog. Not only is it a long lead up to the last fight, you can not access your inventory or bank to grab any weapons you don't have on you, you can not fix broken gear, and if you leave, you get to restart the fun again. To be honest I would rather be standing in sub-zero weather with a full bladder repeatedly smashing my finger with a hammer then play through this ever again.

Inventory management: Once again they add a plethora of new crafting mats that do not have a storage slot in bank, not to mention they are also account bound. Really anet? all these years and you still do this to us? I guess maybe in two years they will have a spot in the account storage, until then I guess they will clutter up my inventory and regular bank reminding me how lame I am that I don't craft whatever it is these mats go to.

Quest lock lock outs and kick outs: Another not fun feature. Imagine you are collecting some items for a quest in Hall of Ascension; then boom! quest chain resets and your kicked out to the outside of the room, no warning, no time to prepare, just booted. That was one of those really annoying features in Tarir from Hot expansion. Why is this still even a thing?

Forced dismount upon object interaction: This is freaking annoying. So you just spent 10 minutes of your life getting to a point of interest only to be automatically thrown off your mount when you click "F" to interact, you then fall down the side of a cliff face into a mob of hostiles you spend the next 15 minutes trying to get away from because once again, the mob density. The only arguments I have seen supporting the dismount argument is from role players who hate seeing "mesh blobs" as they call it around an object or NPC. They say it is hard to click on objects with players around it. All you need to do is hit "F" to interact with anything in the is game, why do need to actually see the NPC? If that was such a problem bank npc in cites wouldn't look Taylor Swift autograph signing.

Also, Do you actually click on the NPC you want to attack? lol. Have you heard of the key on your keyboard named "TAB"? it targets NPC that are attackable you know. You don't have to actually click on them.

Anyone else have any annoying things they have noticed about PoF? Just me? Lets hear it.

SWG Bloodfin vet
Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Post edited by Tiller on

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I felt the very same way about everything you said.  Plus Balthazar still has to be dealt with.  :smile: I had to quit and replay the quest to deal with the eater of souls also.  It can be done.  Limited inventory space was a pain but thanks to other MMO's I've played in the past I've learned to deal with it and often store, salvage, and sell everything I can while waiting for an event or help with a hero point.  The lockouts are a royal pain but once done with story the lockouts are history and trying out other classes a lot easier.  

Also a lot depends on the class you play.  Some handle the content much better than others.  Scourge (Necro) was easiest for me to play.

Once I finished the story and got all the mounts it became a lot easier to get around.  Getting the griffon is a royal pain also but so worth it.  

It's still going to be wild as they are in the process of balancing things out.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276
    I, too, feel that PlentyOfFish is a bad place to meet people.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I love the mob density and better loot (than the rest of the game, which has terrible open world mob loot).  I'm still in the first zone and there is no one there.  I know I'm a little late to the party but there is no one in Crystal Desert.  HOT had a ton of people in every zone I went in. 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Mardukk said:
    I love the mob density and better loot (than the rest of the game, which has terrible open world mob loot).  I'm still in the first zone and there is no one there.  I know I'm a little late to the party but there is no one in Crystal Desert.  HOT had a ton of people in every zone I went in. 
    Crystal Desert goes by really fast.  I usually explore when I can as a change of pace.  It probably depends on when your on and how busy your server is.  You can transfer to a busier server even for just a few days.  Like in HoT you sometimes have to just sit and wait for help with a mastery or hero point unless you have friends or belong to a helpful guild.  Good time to clear out inventory.

Once they've gone through PoF I see a lot of people with mounts doing the regular Tyria content again.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey