Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone uneasy about Crowfall?

2»

Comments

• paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Well CallsignVega, there aren't really that many options.

1) Tab targeting - I don't mind it but half of the Gamers hate it with a passion usually reserved for cash shops.

2) Action combat - Seems spammy, moves are constantly telegraphed, but there can be some deeper strategy at play. GW2 isn't a bad game to try and emulate in this regard. Hopefully they will tune it better, that is what testing is for after all. Hard to gauge how tight it is until You actually play, videos always look spammy.

3)RTS type strategy map - This works for LOL, not so much for a MMO. I'm not sure MMO players would stand for waiting for a Strategy map to pop up for every battle.

4)Turn based strategy map - This would be cool to see if it could work in a MMO form but as far as I know, no one is doing anything like this. Suffers from the same problem as 3, turn based means waiting, and no one likes waiting.

If you have a better combat system in mind, I would really like to hear about it. Maybe I missed one. The options are fairly limited though.

Note* I am a fan of this game, but not a backer nor a tester. I am waiting for launch.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Well to be more specific my problem with Crow Fall, is that the UI is still too small and almost un-readable, and I really hate the way the skill system works rather than having a class skill system and action bar having to press keys twice and such.

The skill icons are very small currently and the way it works pressing E and then another key to combo I hate it.

Instead it needs to be made easier and more friendly, Guild Wars 2 for example is perfect with the UI, but this is my biggest turn-off about this game so far.
  • paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Kinda funny that single player RPG's take you to a combat map all the time, but it has never really been tried in MMO form that I know of.  Totally different concept than what Crowfall is of course.
    I've kinda wandered off course now.

Bullethell or Street Fighter style combat would be interesting concepts for a MMO too.

I'm not sure any of it is, or would be, an improvement over tab targeting though.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• Faustina007Faustina007 Member CommonPosts: 4
    Kinda regretting contributing to Crowfall. It looks and feels way too much like GW2. The graphics are also very simplistic, kinda WoW themed which I really dislike. 

Not having a persistent world, its main design theme, may actually be its downfall. No one is going to care about anything that happens in instances. 

Anyone agree or disagree? Why?

I play GW2 and while I love the graphics and some of the quests, I find the PvP kind of blows and is highly unbalanced. I have WOW, and play it when I am bored. I also do NOT like the cartoonish style of WOW and that is why I really don't care for it, but for some, they love it.

I am waiting for Camelot Unchained as I truly believe this will be an outstanding product for those who want a polished game. One that is for solo and group players. One with great PvP, PvE, and RvR. I truly miss DAoC and that RvR style. I am just disappointed it is taking so long...BUT good news as finally Beta 1 looks like it will be released next weekend! haha I hope they don't delay it again :)

In a nutshell...I agree with you.
  • Faustina007Faustina007 Member CommonPosts: 4
    I am still trying to figure out how Crowfall PvP is any different than GW2 PvP. They seem identical. 
    I don't like GW2 pvp and I play it and hate it. Can't wait to have the DAoC pvp reboot in Camelot Unchained :)
    JamesGoblin
  • FrykkaFrykka Member UncommonPosts: 154
    BruceYee said:
    Frykka said:
    It is certainly not instanced or arena type play...   the campaign worlds are big and will last longer than you think, long enough for Shadowbane type politics and city building and siege but will end before tings get stale or a big alliance takes over the server.  Mmo's in traditional style get stale servers and open new servers then allow migrations.  Crowfall will simply have servers with end dates, not instances.  This site is so full of wanna be care bears and untalented fools drooling over silly eye candy it makes real gamers vomit to hear you guys.  Crowfall will be super fun for those with any skill and a good group of PvP friends.
    It would probably be in the best interest of the game you like to not insult potential buyers willing to give it a shot.
    Actually the best interest is to have players that fit the game rather than attempting to make it into what it simply is not.  This is a sandbox for competitive PvP guilds and players.  The last thing we need is "soft" players who cannot handle death and asset losses.  We players and the devs make this perfectly clear and neither will shy away nor look for some unwanted revenues stream.  This is a game built by and for PvP players, a niche market and accepted as such with a budget that reflects those needs.
    JamesGoblin
  • Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538
    Renoaku said:
    Well to be more specific my problem with Crow Fall, is that the UI is still too small and almost un-readable, and I really hate the way the skill system works rather than having a class skill system and action bar having to press keys twice and such.

The skill icons are very small currently and the way it works pressing E and then another key to combo I hate it.

Instead it needs to be made easier and more friendly, Guild Wars 2 for example is perfect with the UI, but this is my biggest turn-off about this game so far.
    The UI is still a work in progress. It is still pre-alpha, after all, and you're comparing it to a finished game. Despite that, you can scale the UI with the slider on the bottom right, and I'm sure there will be plenty more options.
    JamesGoblin
  • SatanikzSatanikz Member CommonPosts: 20
    Disagree with you OP, bought it yesterday and for a pre alpha it's already better than AO.

I love the concept of the EK's, as long as they keep them 100% separated from campaigns I see this game succeeding. 
    JamesGoblin
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Kinda regretting contributing to Crowfall. It looks and feels way too much like GW2. The graphics are also very simplistic, kinda WoW themed which I really dislike. 

Not having a persistent world, its main design theme, may actually be its downfall. No one is going to care about anything that happens in instances. 

Then why did you give? The art design was pretty much there day 1 (and one of the reasons I wasn't interested) and they said that each "world" would be different and that seasons would end (I assume they stuck with this?)  and that the players "home area" would be an instance of sorts.
    CrazKanukJamesGoblin[Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • dpadvandaldpadvandal Member CommonPosts: 3
    funny reading the old posts re this game. and i am uneasy about the launch, only because i got some blood in the game, you know?

it'll still be a fun game to play, i don't doubt. very interested to see how all the different puzzle pieces they've been testing form together. 

that and i'm also getting excited to start building my EK...a little digital paradise
    JamesGoblin
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I think it looks great. I guess with icons and how some parts look it looks like GW2 a little bit? But not really overall. Also from my experiences with PvP in GW2, it plays almost nothing like that. It isn't identical at all. Not really sure what you are on about.
    JamesGoblin
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Torval said:
    Sovrath said:

Then why did you give? The art design was pretty much there day 1 (and one of the reasons I wasn't interested) and they said that each "world" would be different and that seasons would end (I assume they stuck with this?)  and that the players "home area" would be an instance of sorts.
    Yeah, but that isn't what they hoped it would be so they're worried. Don't you often buy a product, hope it's something else, and then worry it's not going to turn out like you wanted? I still don't get why my Hyundai Sonata isn't a BMW Z4. I've been waiting and it's not happening. I'm worried.
    You should be! Especially since they've been so clear on what was being delivered in the first place, shame, shame!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    JamesGoblin
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Nope, in fact I invested in it. 

Having read your OP I'm convinced you spent 0 time doing any research which is par for the course these days unfortunately.
    JamesGoblin
  • pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515

kinda feel iffy about it,if it wasn't for raph koster and the crafting system and the Eve Online Skill system i probably wouldn't give a poop about the game lol

the dying worlds doesn't do much for me,but i get that the thing that is important for them is making sure one group cant just own everyone else forever. so i'm open minded,but i'll just give more to CU. I wish both games success tho! 
    JamesGoblin
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Yes i felt very uneasy about this game but any game trying to pan off a cash shop will turn me right off.It is also not going to be a complete game,instead mostly modules to support the cash shop and some pvp,not what i am looking for in a mmorpg.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736

All of this information was available during the kickstarter. The entire concept was laid out and multiple shots of what your avatars, the npcs, and the world would look like were laid out during the kickstarter.

I have concerns about any game that hasn't been released yet not living up to expectations or turning out to be that fun. But the one thing I'm never doing is regretting my purchase based on info that was available before I made it.
    JamesGoblin
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Frykka said:
    BruceYee said:
    Frykka said:
    It is certainly not instanced or arena type play...   the campaign worlds are big and will last longer than you think, long enough for Shadowbane type politics and city building and siege but will end before tings get stale or a big alliance takes over the server.  Mmo's in traditional style get stale servers and open new servers then allow migrations.  Crowfall will simply have servers with end dates, not instances.  This site is so full of wanna be care bears and untalented fools drooling over silly eye candy it makes real gamers vomit to hear you guys.  Crowfall will be super fun for those with any skill and a good group of PvP friends.
    It would probably be in the best interest of the game you like to not insult potential buyers willing to give it a shot.
    Actually the best interest is to have players that fit the game rather than attempting to make it into what it simply is not.  This is a sandbox for competitive PvP guilds and players.  The last thing we need is "soft" players who cannot handle death and asset losses.  We players and the devs make this perfectly clear and neither will shy away nor look for some unwanted revenues stream.  This is a game built by and for PvP players, a niche market and accepted as such with a budget that reflects those needs.
    Where have I heard this exact same spew before? Oh right, Albion Online. 

Given that AO has started adding PvE elements into the game, I’d say “your kind” isn’t enough to sustain a FFAPvP game. 

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Frykka said:
    BruceYee said:
    Frykka said:

Given that AO has started adding PvE elements into the game, I’d say “your kind” isn’t enough to sustain a FFAPvP game. 

Good thing it's not an FFAPvP game then huh?
    JamesGoblin
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Frykka said:
    BruceYee said:
    Frykka said:

Good thing it's not an FFAPvP game then huh?
    I didn’t realize it was a game for care bears. That’s disappointing.