Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Necromancer Freeport need help

cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
I am playing on Project 1999 which is now okay with Daybreak so am not breaking any rules talking about it here. I have looked on the internet but was unable to find older posts without people asking the poster to roll an Iksar Necromancer instead since they have till Velious on Project 1999.

I never played an evil character before in Everquest so am totally unaware of the sewers and tunnels and the difficulty of banking but since I decided to play Everquest again I have decided to try out an experience I had not tried before which is playing a human necromancer in Freeport whose faith is Innoruuk.

My problem is I am not sure whether I can bank safely in Freeport as a Freeport Necromancer. I know that I can walk about in East Freeport well the part near the Priest of Discord and I went to the guild in the tunnels but I am afraid to go to North Freeport where the bank is. I wondered if anyone here who has played will be able to tell me if I can bank there without first killing a few hundred orc pawns.

Also I cannot recall how one gets bags . Do they drop or you buy them? I stopped playing in 2002 but by then I was very high level and forgotten all the newbie experience and they had introduced all that newbie armour and stuff when I played again  so my memory on the older Everquest experience is very clouded.

I do appreciate any advice and help to aid this necromancer from not dying repeatedly and have to go back and drag and loot the numerous corpses I leave behind.
Chamber of Chains

Comments

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    edited October 2017
    you should be able to take sewers into NFP and then use invis to walk to banker. Still have to be careful but is possible. Or you can level off the guards and commonlands wich will raise faction with the guards in NFP.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Then won't the guards in East Freeport the corrupt ones try to kill me then. They are apprehensive now. I do not want to raise one faction at the expense of another if possible. 

So sewer huh okay thanks.
    Chamber of Chains
  • Morbic_MMO_AddictMorbic_MMO_Addict Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I think I used to FD and bank as a last resort back then.   Can't remember if it was just a merchant or if there was a banker too in the Commons Tunnel.
    I sneaked about and went very carefully to North Freeport. They conned mostly dubious and some threatening but the banker was amiable. 

I am going to to do the Rebby note quest and get my trade faction up so that I don't get scalped by the vendors.
    Chamber of Chains
    edited October 2017
    Use Win EQ 2.15 to stabilize it, I run it in windowed full screen. The link is in the setup guide at Project 1999. https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651
    Make sure you run it at your desktop native resolution and although it will say 59 hz its 60.

I am using windows 10 . I actually had the old discs but unfortunately they don't work with windows 10.

The server options for Project is the Velious and PvP one. It says Project 1999. For the account you created it will only work with those two servers. The Velious one is called Blue server and it is the most populated one. You will see the population of the other servers are far below that but I think many private versions run on Titanium.
    [Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains