Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 - Path of Fire Has a Hidden Griffon Mount & Here's How You Get It - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageGuild Wars 2 - Path of Fire Has a Hidden Griffon Mount & Here's How You Get It - MMORPG.com

During the run-up to Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire’s launch, players were teased about the four mounts being added to the game. But secretly, ArenaNet hid a fifth mount - the Griffon - in the deserts of Elona. Read on to find out how to get it, and what it’s all about. Beware, non-story spoilers ahead!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Raquis

Comments

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    this write up sort of negates the whole 'secret' and 'hidden' aspect doesnt it?
    Ajvi
  • Nightshade98Nightshade98 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    That didn't take long
    Ajvi
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

rodarin said:

People who want to find it by themselves could always just not read this...
    [Deleted User]ScottJeslisOctagon7711wingoodd_20AjviZandog
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited September 2017
    Not so much of a secret as they are all over the place now as well as instructions on how to get one. Definitely worth having, like a glider on steroids. Good article.
    Remember to use the little eye icon to put them on your quest list so you can see how close you are to completion. I had missed two and had to go back to complete them.
    Post edited by Octagon7711 on
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• xelrahxelrah Member UncommonPosts: 40
    I guess you can't avoid spoilers even in article names these days. Thank god I finished this one before internet got flooded with videos and guides because it was even cooler figuring this stuff out for yourself.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    It's nice you can dye them and all mounts can be hot keyed.  Wonder if the store will start selling skins one day? Wouldn't be surprised.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543

It's nice you can dye them and all mounts can be hot keyed.  Wonder if the store will start selling skins one day? Wouldn't be surprised.

Yeah, Anet will definitely have mount skins in the gem store. They would be fools not too.
    d_20Zandog

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    edited September 2017
    The official forums are all over the map with praise for this as well as people saying that it basically completely nullifies gliding as you can basically fly straight across the map without declining. Some people have even figured out how to go up "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/6283/how-to-gain-height-on-griffon-mount#latest" It also costs 250g, a hefty gold sink.

I see pros and cons. Sort of sad that gliding is basically toast now.))))}.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    This is an impressive expansion - and truly worthy of being called an "expansion" (unlike other...cough... cough..."chapters" that sell for more.)

I love the way they've done mounts and the way the most unique premium one is an in-game achievement.

I haven't played GW2 in a couple of years but the more I read about this the more interested in getting back to it I am.
    d_20Zandog
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    That didn't take long
    I saw the first player with one in Vabbi 4 days after release so no. but the only things that takes long for some players in MMOs are the ones with time locks.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Thupli said:
    The official forums are all over the map with praise for this as well as people saying that it basically completely nullifies gliding as you can basically fly straight across the map without declining. Some people have even figured out how to go up "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/6283/how-to-gain-height-on-griffon-mount#latest" It also costs 250g, a hefty gold sink.

The majority of the players still need to get one for that, I personally is just halfway to complete the story before I even can start on it.  Besides, gliding was fun in the beginning but it is old now.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited September 2017
    rodarin said:
    It was no secret, people had that thing within 24 hours of the expansion launching. 

Thupli said:

Not really toast, there are tight spots where you can't call upon a mount and gliding is preferable. If anything it's just another tool in the tool box to help you get the most out of the game content.
    Post edited by Tiller on
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    edited September 2017
    Not many places that the glider is required over the mount. The bigger deal is that you can actually fly up with that mount. People are crossing full maps with it... it'll end up being the same polarizing issue as WoW.
    Skandar
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Well in the case of avoiding fall damage while being aggroed by something. You can't stay mounted while in combat so if you get get knocked off something by a mob it's nice to have a glider to fall back on. I assume from this point on most content will be designed around the idea of mounts and gliders so I don't expect it to be a problem for future game content unlike in WoW. Arenanet seems a lot more creative when it comes to designing content than Blizzard devs who seemingly shoehorned mounts into the game.
    [Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ZandogZandog Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Amazing expansion with plenty of new and repeatable content. The mounts have really given a new perspective on GW2 that was needed for a long time. Living story continues as well soon so more new content on the way with new zones, bosses gear and mount skins!

Most underrated MMORPG on the market.
    Every time Goonsquad/SA/DS post salt on Star Citizen, I spend more money on it. Every time a mentally disturbed former backer or Elite CMDR toxic emo comments, I spend more money on it. Every time they refuse to answer why they spend so much time arguing about a game they don't even like, I spend more money on it. Want to watch the world burn because you can't have your way? You got whats coming to you.