Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

this game is a big milk everyone for as long as possible scheme

ScoliozScolioz Member UncommonPosts: 110
release a million "modules" and charge everyone for each one.....  until the game is finally "finished" in the year 2030...
JeffSpicoliMaxBacon

Comments

• ScoliozScolioz Member UncommonPosts: 110
    edited September 2017
    they say they need 1 million dollars to model 1 ship model    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL   go fund that next million dollar ship model.  Crow funding is the biggest platform ever invented to find suckers with.

RaquisFrodoFraginsMaxBacon
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    I believe they are too scared to release the game cause it's going to be just another average game that they could have made for the 10% of the money they have already stolen people are going to go crazy.
    MaxBacon
    it's a big con job
    kikoodutroa8MaxBacon
  • RingLdr77RingLdr77 Member CommonPosts: 8
    I actually believe the 1 million price tag. The number of people needed to make a ship is huge and they are not getting paid peanuts.
    ScoliozMaxBacon
    you think it costs 1 million dollars to model a ship in 3D studio max or Maya?   LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

MaxBacon
  • alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Scolioz said:
    you think it costs 1 million dollars to model a ship in 3D studio max or Maya?   LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

Ofc it does. It costs as much as you say it does. Now, most people would do that for much lower sum but that doesnt change the fact it costs them as much as they say. We just dont know how much goes to blackjack and hookers. 
    kikoodutroa8Azaron_NightbladeMaxBaconJamesGoblinMrMelGibson
  • ShelvinarrShelvinarr Member UncommonPosts: 89
    aliven said:
    Scolioz said:

Ofc it does. It costs as much as you say it does. Now, most people would do that for much lower sum but that doesnt change the fact it costs them as much as they say. We just dont know how much goes to blackjack and hookers. 
    You forgot to mention we don't know how much blow they're doing to "focus on finishing this epic game"
    MaxBacon
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    What's the 1 million from, there a link?
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Herase said:
    So what you're saying is you want someone to go through all the bugsmashers videos, forum posts etc and create a nice little report that will give you all the info in one place. Using their own time, for free.

Does that really sound like a reasonable request to you. If you want that information then educate yourself. People have told you where to find it.
    MaxBaconThomas2006TalonsinKefoJamesGoblin
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    They make too much money in alpha to consider releasing it.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Scolioz said:
    they say they need 1 million dollars to model 1 ship model    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL   go fund that next million dollar ship model.  Crow funding is the biggest platform ever invented to find suckers with.

You sir win the Cupie Doll !
    MaxBacon
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited October 2017
    LOL @Herase is interested, even me on this case, to know where that number comes from.

It's obvious BS. No such statement existed.

Ships are worked on mostly by one person at a time, it's a very templated process.
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
    JamesGoblincraftseeker
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    Herase said:
    So what you're saying is you want someone to go through all the bugsmashers videos, forum posts etc and create a nice little report that will give you all the info in one place. Using their own time, for free.

Does that really sound like a reasonable request to you. If you want that information then educate yourself. People have told you where to find it.
    Did you copy and paste this from another post.....yes you did.
    ScotchUp
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    RingLdr77 said:
    I actually believe the 1 million price tag. The number of people needed to make a ship is huge and they are not getting paid peanuts.

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited October 2017
    I don't have the link in font of me,but i know i saw mention of them outsourcing the ship builds.
    If there was a number of 1 million it would have been construed to be 1 million in total outsourcing but meant to deceive people into thinking anything otherwise.

One person/modeler can most certainly design a ship but i would assume at least 2-3 per.Once the templates are in place for data and it is simply a case of entering the parameters,it becomes a revolving door,much easier beyond the first build.
    None of it matters to me,all i know is there has been NO EXCUSE to not have a released game out,they can do add on stuff later after the game is on it's way.Robert's simply sees this as a never ending supply of money,no way does he want to change anything right now as he is making a solid living off of gamer's money with nobody to answer to.

Too bad so many people ruin it for everyone else.Devs see this kind of stuff the same way they looked at Wow,they see it as the money ticket,an easy route to copy/follow to strike it rich.This was however a VERY easy market,the only competition really was Eve,an outdated one dimensional game revolving around ISK,pretty easy to step in with nothing more than promises.

If people were half as intelligent as they are willing to throw around money,this stuff would never happen,devs would be held accountable to their REAL investor's,not these fake ones they  try to fool people into thinking they are special.Look at how many mobile games copied the same formula for making loads of money,everything in gaming is a copy cat,they see someone get rich and tons of clones soon arise.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited October 2017
    Wizardry said:
    If there was a number of 1 million it would have been construed to be 1 million in total outsourcing but meant to deceive people into thinking anything otherwise.
    No there is no such number, this just sensationalist BS, likely from the stretch goals.

And no, they are not outsourced.
    Post edited by MaxBacon on
    craftseeker
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Herase said:

Did you copy and paste this from another post.....yes you did.
    It's an hommage, not a copy.
    LeoTolstoy