Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Announcements at Blizzcon but 'We're Hard at Work on the Future of Diablo' - Diablo 3 - MMORPG.co

13»

Comments

• RufusUORufusUO Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Random interjection:

I have not played Grim Dawn.  Is it worth it?

I tried PoE, didn't care for it much (was quickly turned off by microtransactions).  I played a ton of D3 and ranked in the top 100 on S9 (wizard/Americas server).  I also don't have as much gaming time as I used to, but GD has at least caught my attention in passing.

Keeping these things in mind, is it worth a shot?
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    RufusUO said:
    Random interjection:

I have not played Grim Dawn.  Is it worth it?

I tried PoE, didn't care for it much (was quickly turned off by microtransactions).  I played a ton of D3 and ranked in the top 100 on S9 (wizard/Americas server).  I also don't have as much gaming time as I used to, but GD has at least caught my attention in passing.

Keeping these things in mind, is it worth a shot?
    Yes.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    SBFord said:
    What a mixed bag of feelings on this one:

* depression * No news at Blizzcon
    * happy * But we're working towards the future
    * depression * ...by exploring what's next for the franchise

Like they haven't already thought about "what's next" given that D3 is 5+ years old?

Don't mind me. I'll be curled in a fetal position around my pillow crying crocodile tears. :(
    No time for it. Gotta focus on the WoW, HS and Overwatch cash cows. ;)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    SBFord said:
    What a mixed bag of feelings on this one:

* depression * No news at Blizzcon
    * happy * But we're working towards the future
    * depression * ...by exploring what's next for the franchise

Like they haven't already thought about "what's next" given that D3 is 5+ years old?

Don't mind me. I'll be curled in a fetal position around my pillow crying crocodile tears. :(
    No time for it. Gotta focus on the WoW, HS and Overwatch cash cows. ;)
    Yeah, I think they are still trying to figure out how to monetize the game and maybe even if they should continue as a traditional ARPG. 

POE shows a feasible cash model for the most part. Although POE doesn't charge for new classes, I wouldn't have an issue with D4 using the current Necromancer shop model.
  • SephrinxSephrinx Member UncommonPosts: 94
    lmao

imageimageimageimage