Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon Mysteries

@Kilsin, At this point in time can you let fans know just how in depth the lore team are taking things and hiding things in the world of Terminus for us to find? I came across this awesome video (all his EQ videos are gold) and its really cool how the developers hid so much stuff in the world for the players to find. Most of his videos talk about the lore that's woven into the world of Norrath. Great stuff and was hoping Pantheon is doing the same. I think it would be awesome if 15 years down the road I was still finding new things in Terminus. Here's the vid. 

JamesGoblinAmatheAeliousThunder073kitaradDullahandcutbi001

Comments

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662
    Wow.  You really have to be a nerd with an eye for detail to notice all of that stuff.  But very interesting and informative.  Gives me an even greater appreciation for the MMORPG that (arguably) started it all.
    JamesGoblinGyva02

• Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    These are really good gotta share the playlist, hope you guys enjoy them as much as I did :) 

JamesGoblinAmatheThunder073AeliouskitaradLackingMMOdcutbi001
  • ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662
    Rhoklaw said:
    Well, as much as I love EQ, the first MMO I played was Meridian 59 and I'm not even sure if I played UO as I'm not a fan of isometric view. However, EQ was definitely the MMO that got me hooked to online gaming.
    That's why I said arguably.  I know Ultima Online predated EQ and Meridian 59 predated UO.  But I would say EQ is the game that mainstreamed MMOs and spawned the explosion of games that followed in the early 21st century.
    Gyva02MrMelGibson[Deleted User]

• KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515
    The Lore and Creative teams are both implementing their own hidden nuggets and easter eggs but maybe not to the same level as EQ at launch, EQ has had years and many expansions to add a lot of that stuff ;)
    MrMelGibsonAeliousLackingMMO[Deleted User]Gyva02dcutbi001
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Zindaihas said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Well, as much as I love EQ, the first MMO I played was Meridian 59 and I'm not even sure if I played UO as I'm not a fan of isometric view. However, EQ was definitely the MMO that got me hooked to online gaming.
    That's why I said arguably.  I know Ultima Online predated EQ and Meridian 59 predated UO.  But I would say EQ is the game that mainstreamed MMOs and spawned the explosion of games that followed in the early 21st century.
    I remember at that time seeing news reporters reporting on how this new game was causing massive addictions for the EQ players and etc.  You know, the regular typical BS about how video games are bad.  But, I knew at that moment that that game opened a door that would never be closed again.  

Outside of mmo gamers, no one knew what Meridian 59 or UO were.  No one gave a shit about those games.  But even non-gamers knew what EQ was.  So what you're saying, no one can deny.
    Thunder073dcutbi001
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    The first time I heard about EQ1 from someone actually playing she eagerly described camping some boss mob for hours on end hoping it would spawn. 

My first thought was.."who the hell would play a game like that?"

;)
    pantaroMrMelGibsondelete5230dcutbi001

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Kilsin said:
    The Lore and Creative teams are both implementing their own hidden nuggets and easter eggs but maybe not to the same level as EQ at launch, EQ has had years and many expansions to add a lot of that stuff ;)
    If the lore so far on the site regarding the races is any indication, Pantheon will have an in-depth and interesting world story. Keep up the good work!
    Kilsindcutbi001
  • DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Those videos were awesome.  Man I hope they remember the little details to make Pantheon something special and not just another modern MMORPG with like 10 prefabs repeated over and over to call something a planet (I'm talking to you, SWTOR).
    Gyva02

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Those videos about Everquest were fantastic. That guy must be really good at looking for things and finding out what they mean. I mean I played the game and never given those things a second thought but after watching what he gathered I am so impressed by the team that created Everquest.
    Gyva02Amathe

• Curt2013Curt2013 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Thanks for sharing, awesome stuff!!
    Gyva02
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    edited September 2017
    I had always wondered about that chessboard.  

The place that seemed the most mysterious to me was Sanctus Seru. That place always weirded me out, and I never figured out anything to do there.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    One more guys, he just released it yesterday. Yay for more mysteries :) 

Amathe[Deleted User]dcutbi001jimmywolf
  • SheawannaSheawanna Member UncommonPosts: 8
    great videos , pantheon team should hire this person to make a promo video , would be a great hit .
    KyleranScumm
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    I really hope main writers dream up little details like we saw in EQ. Even though we didn't necessarily consciously understand the things discussed in those videos, they still had an impact that gave the world a greater sense of depth.

Immersion is a hell of a drug.
    kitaradScummdcutbi001

• ScummScumm Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Nice find, @Gyva02, these were fun to watch. 

Something that strikes me from these videos is that it seems almost every detail in EQ had a story or purpose behind it.  A lot of things that I thought were just nice set pieces or interesting to look at, turned out to have some real depth.    

I think I just glossed over a lot of these details because I assumed there was nothing to find, but I'm pleasantly surprised.  I hope the Pantheon team can bring the same amount of detail to their world building. 
    Kyleran