Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Announcements at Blizzcon but 'We're Hard at Work on the Future of Diablo' - Diablo 3 - MMORPG.co

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageNo Announcements at Blizzcon but 'We're Hard at Work on the Future of Diablo' - Diablo 3 - MMORPG.com

Diablo 3 News - The Diablo III team has posted an unusual message on the game's official forums to let fans and players know that no new announcements with regard to Diablo III will be made at Blizzcon 2017. The game will be on the showfloor and there will be a couple of panels for attendees, but that is the sum total of its presence at the annual show. Before becoming filled with despair, however, the team also let everyone know that "we're hard at work on the future of Diablo".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited September 2017
    What a mixed bag of feelings on this one:

* depression * No news at Blizzcon
    * happy * But we're working towards the future
    * depression * ...by exploring what's next for the franchise

Like they haven't already thought about "what's next" given that D3 is 5+ years old?

Don't mind me. I'll be curled in a fetal position around my pillow crying crocodile tears. :(
    saintriku92[Deleted User]jimmywolfTintagilIceAgeNordicApacheBruceYee[Deleted User][Deleted User]infomatzand 5 others.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• azurreiazurrei Member UncommonPosts: 332
    edited September 2017
    As disappointing as this new is, at least they were smart enough to say something well before Blizzcon.
    SBFord[Deleted User]jimmywolfpantaro[Deleted User]MrMelGibsongwalchjuni
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

SBFord said:

Like they haven't already thought about "what's next" given that D3 is 5+ years old?

Don't mind me. I'll be curled in a fetal position around my pillow crying crocodile tears. :(

Maybe they're holding off for a big D4 announcement but aren't far enough down that road yet.
    NordicApache
  • jpedrote52jpedrote52 Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Whelp, I hope they either rework how the entire game foundations works ( redo loot so it works more like D2 and POE, create a real endgame with a progression path and goal, not those shitty DPSlocked/timelocked rifts they call endgame, and rework the art style to fit the Diablo gore/ghotic theme a bit better, D3 was a bit to stylized compared to D1 and D2) or shift the franchise in a completely new direction (Darksouls type game, or the original Diablo 3 design a slower paced top down Multiplayer dungeon crawler)
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited September 2017

SBFord said:

Honestly, I think its the best move since they'll probably work on hyping up WoW's expansion more and probably some OW/Hearthstone plugs. They wont admit it but Legion isn't really doing that well by comparison to MoP or earlier expansions and is barely beating WoD, which I dont think they should take solace in that. Its kind of funny that with WoD, it was bad because it had too little content and Legion is "bad" because it has too much of the same content. More difficulties of the same content isn't really content from a normal persona's perspective. Its like saying the average consumer could tell the difference between Overwatch and Battleborn. They do have a good mix of difference, but the average consumer doesn't have a lot of money to be tossing at something that pretty much looks the same, so having content that looks the same even though it has a few more one-shot mechanics doesn't really making it "new." Its almost like saying that the mythic invitational is pulling in more watched numbers than pvp ones even though this is the first one they've ever had. Overtime, the numbers will dip, even though there are other reasons to watch it vs just for competitive play, such as looking for group comps, spec choices, tactics for certain dungeons that make an individual's run go smoother.
    Gdemami
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    I'll just leave this here.

Please change the difficulty system. It encourages playing the minimal difficulty to get the most which translates into incredible easy for the best rate of gear drops.
    FrodoFragins
  • saintriku92saintriku92 Member UncommonPosts: 87

Please change the difficulty system. It encourages playing the minimal difficulty to get the most which translates into incredible easy for the best rate of gear drops.
    last i played d3 you get more set/legendarys on higher difficulty+ more of the rng currency per rift....so not sure what your talking about? If anything it encourages you to push rifts as high as u can efficiently run them.
    jimmywolf
    edited September 2017

last i played d3 you get more set/legendarys on higher difficulty+ more of the rng currency per rift....so not sure what your talking about? If anything it encourages you to push rifts as high as u can efficiently run them.
    Not per hour you don't. If you want to gear up the fastest, make sure the difficulty is low enough to fly through content. And do rifts as long as they are semi-easy.
  • saintriku92saintriku92 Member UncommonPosts: 87
    the more gear you get the higher rift you can run easily? so doesnt that just make it the same? 
  • mithossmithoss Member UncommonPosts: 225
    well, they just saved me 30 € for the virtual ticket.
    NordicApacheGdemami
    the more gear you get the higher rift you can run easily? so doesnt that just make it the same? 
    Yes, it is indefinitely the same. Run the fastest thing you can until you raise it and repeat until 13. For me at least, that is an extremely boring way to handle getting the best gear in the game.
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    The only thing Diablo that matters at this point is an updated Diablo 2, like what they did with StarCraft.
    BruceYee
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Just got d3. Not very exciting. The gfx look pretty bad even for 2012. Hopefully they are working on a non iso view d4 with less stylized gfx.
    Gdemami
  • Nightshade98Nightshade98 Member UncommonPosts: 13

Mardukk said:

Just got d3. Not very exciting. The gfx look pretty bad even for 2012. Hopefully they are working on a non iso view d4 with less stylized gfx.

agreed, I enjoy D3 but it's always hard when you compare to D2....
  • axtrantiaxtranti Member UncommonPosts: 95
    I find it hard to name the abomination of Diablo 3 an actual Diablo game, comparing to 1 and 2, of course. They're probably focusing more on residentsleeper stone and wow since they give more revenue, 'well no !@#$' don't make the same mistake with D3 and actually give what players want.

asdasdasd

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    This company... I am proud to say I do not support. They are making BILLIONS and refuse to spend cash lest their shareholders revolt. Low budget indies make more updates than these money grubbers. But somehow consumers mindlessly support this.
    SBFordJunglecharlyBruceYeeGdemamiZeneren
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Golelorn said:
    This company... I am proud to say I do not support. They are making BILLIONS and refuse to spend cash lest their shareholders revolt. Low budget indies make more updates than these money grubbers. But somehow consumers mindlessly support this.
    Odd statement. So if you were invested in a company that was making you tons of money you would want them to make you less money? Good for you man, seriously, kudos. Not many people have that attitude.

MrMelGibsonZeneren
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    edited September 2017

Wrong! And I won't going to explain why, as it seems you have no idea about D3 and yet, you make useless comments.

Golelorn said:

Say again ?

WoW has seen MASSIVE updates since Legion has gone live , OW is also receiving a lot of updates, HoTs? You serious? Just go to their website and see how many updates they made this year.

I pretty much understand if some player do not support X company , but making false statement about it , makes you feel ugly, man!

Low budged indies is doing more of what? More of the same shit you mean.

About the comparations between D2 and D3. Yes, D3 is .. different then D2 , I give you that, but D3 stands on his own. It's unique style and fast peace , hack & slash combat is better then any ( alike ) game out there. Is a 5 years old game where you had to pay for the base game and 1 xpack. The rest of the updates ( a lot of them ) have been free of charge ( except the new Necro pack ). So what do you expect from a game like this?

With this post , they show that they have balls. The rest of you commenting bad about this .. move , please, mind in your game or gaming company which you support.

Stop the fucking hate!
    SBFordZeneren

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

IceAge said:

Wrong! And I won't going to explain why, as it seems you have no idea about D3 and yet, you make useless comments. 
    I know you wont explain why because what I said is true. Diablo 3 encourages low difficulty farming. The drop rates get higher as you increase difficulty, but if you slow down too much, you are getting less rolls at drops. Even once you get past GR 70 where you might get to see a primal drop, you are doing it wrong if it takes you a long time. Diablo 3 promotes making the difficulty so that you can watch tv while you play.
    [Deleted User]Zeneren
  • NordicApacheNordicApache Member UncommonPosts: 134
    I gave up hoping for Diablo to progress beyond it's stale state. Funny they make a point to tell the fans that they got nothing, but still decide to spit on us with a "Working hard" statement. LOL!
    YaevinduskBruceYeeZeneren
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    edited September 2017
    (o.o) This is me.

(-.-) This is me giving up.

(Toss)
    [D3]<(-.-<) This is me giving up on the Diablo Franchise. <br />

Well. At least we still have Star... Hmm. Uh. D--... Hm. Warcraft IV... Ehh...

Huh.
    Make way for Phone Apps, RNG and Arena games.
    XarkoZeneren
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Thought we would get something new, oh well, guess POE until something new from D3.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    DMKano said:
    D3 has been way more profitable than D1 and D2 combined.

D3 has been amazing for Blizzard.
    D2 was a top ten seller for how many years? I do know that there are way more games out there now than there were at the time of starcraft and D2, but I think in terms of marketshare, I'd probably guess D2 had way more market share and if you could extrapolate the sales of D2 to this time now (kind of like how inflation works), then I think D2 would kill D3 in terms of money made now. 

Not that I disagree that D3 has been amazing for blizzard and made more money, I just think D2 was way better for its time and if it was as popular back then compared to now, it would have made a ton more. 

Sort of like how Michael Jordan's salary was like 3 million per year in the early 90's but you know if he played today he'd have a max salary (and the largest one if they didn't have max salaries) while D3 is like an average NBA player now that makes like 15 million who is only average.

Yes, D3 is good for blizzard, but D2 was better for the time period. However, I truly have no statistics or evidence to back this up, just anecdotal evidence and thoughts. But it's an unsubstantiated opinion I have.

Cryomatrix 
    GdemamiZeneren
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited September 2017
    Blizzard has become a company that talks more than a Woody Allen movie and provides nothing of value except for cute plushy toys and merchandise.

They constantly just bait everyone with news that never turns out being any spectacular. I'm starting to think that WC4, D4, WoW2 will never be made and all we'll get are e-comics for their existing games that get a minimal amount of content updates compared to other games in the same genres. I'm also starting to think that those secret projects they moved all the "best devs" to don't even exist. At this point I'd be happy with a WoW or Diablo survival game, match 3(cause they have CC tech now), tower defense or even just a D2 remaster but I don't think even those are a possibility.
    Gdemami