Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO Free Trail?

MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
Is there any type of free trial for ESO?

Got a friend who wants to try it out.

Thanks

Comments

• EmbededPowerEmbededPower Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Not that I know of but some times they do free trial weekends on steam and stuff
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    can't you play the base game free?
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited August 2017
    Hariken said:
    can't you play the base game free?
    No its b2p but you can get the base game for $9.89 on amazon and The Tamriel One edition on steam for the same price.

MrMelGibson
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Ah i see i forgot that. They are having a sale too. You can get the Morrowind upgrade for 30 bucks.
  • LustsLusts Member RarePosts: 205
    Gorwe said:
    No, there isn't a free trial. This is an automatic strike against the game for me.
    The game is $10. Lol wut. Most buy to play games don't have trials or demos of the game no matter where you go. Watch twitch streams or youtube videos of the gameplay and make a decision based on that. Most twitch streamers will answer questions about the game if you ask.
    Iselin
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Gorwe said:
    Lusts said:
    Gorwe said:
    No, there isn't a free trial. This is an automatic strike against the game for me.
    The game is $10. Lol wut. Most buy to play games don't have trials or demos of the game no matter where you go. Watch twitch streams or youtube videos of the gameplay and make a decision based on that. Most twitch streamers will answer questions about the game if you ask.
    Yeah, it costs so now. Back when I bought it, it cost 30-40$. Not exactly something you buy on a whim. And it's one thing to watch a stream, whole another to actually play the game yourself.

Lol no trying to be a jerk or anything but you put a strike on the game for not having a free trial yet you own it? Out of curiosity what were the other marks/reasons you decided to get it. I played for a short period but stopped and haven't came back even though I wanted to. Its like ff14 to me where I think its a good game but just kind of stop for no particular reason.
  • NagilumSadowNagilumSadow Member UncommonPosts: 318
    It is the Elder Scrolls world, is that not enough said? The Elder Scrolls Online takes the high road in almost every respect, unlike SWTOR. 
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    @LackingMMO, people who bought a game, don't strike a game because it's not free.  Only people who want to play a game for free do that.

I stopped playing most every game because of the crafting.  In TESO the quest bothered me at first, but I still kept playing.  Then the combat, but I still kept playing.  But once the crafting turned on me, I stopped.  My first character in SWTOR was a commando.  To me their gear seemed pained on and not rigged, but I still kept playing.  I enjoyed the exploring, the combat, and the "pet" NPCs.  I struggled longer than any other game with the crafting.  But I quite.

@NagilumSadow, expecting to get paid for their work, is taking the high road.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• NagilumSadowNagilumSadow Member UncommonPosts: 318
    edited October 2017
    Gorwe said:
    It is the Elder Scrolls world, is that not enough said? The Elder Scrolls Online takes the high road in almost every respect, unlike SWTOR. 
    Honestly, what does this even mean?
    EA / Bio set new lows for prevarication and hucksterism in SWTOR.

On the other hand, Zenimax has behaved in a straightforward manner with its community, with honesty and integrity. These qualities are exemplified in Elder Scrolls Online.