Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Enchanting and Exciting World of Hob - Hob Review - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Enchanting and Exciting World of Hob - Hob Review - MMORPG.com

My first encounter with Hob was at PAX West 2015 and I was enchanted from that first moment. The artwork and how every ability in game seemed to be used in both mundane and creative ways was really intriguing. Two years later Hob has been released and though the game has clearly changed from what Runic planned back in 2015, it’s still enchanting and fun. This is our Hob review.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    I just saw this listed on Steam today, looks pretty cool. Seems that a lot of people are angry that they didn't make Torchlight 3 instead. But I'd rather see something different like this.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Hope they don't get "review bombed" because people are salty they wanted to try something new. It would be a gross injustice to a fun game.
    Wellspring[Deleted User]ThupliManWithNoTanalivenGinazMabushii

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Thankfully GOG has it on sale for the same price as Steam. Picking it up now.

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464

Why GOG over steam?
    --------------------------------------------
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    edited September 2017
    Torval said:

Why GOG over steam?

DRM free. GoG and CDProjekt develop their systems and make changes with their users in mind and not just themselves or the publisher/studio. GoG gives me more free games and deals than any other service I use and way more than Steam. I still buy stuff on Steam, but unless there is a certain kind of multiplayer I want on Steam because that's where all my friends are, I look at GoG first.
    ^^^ This.

I only use Steam if it's not available via GOG.

EDIT: Plus, GOG has quite a few items you can't get on Steam.

Try buying Ultima 1-9 on Steam.
    ExcessionOzmodanalivenHariken

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455

SBFord said:

Hope they don't get "review bombed" because people are salty they wanted to try something new. It would be a gross injustice to a fun game.

It doesn't seem to be happening as it has a Very Positive rating ATM. Most of the negative reviews are about technical issues, which is fine. I did read some of the discussion threads on the Steam forums and good lord are there ever a lot of salty trolls who are pissed because this isn't Torchlight 3.
    [Deleted User]

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• emikochanemikochan Member UncommonPosts: 290
    How is this an mmo? It doesn't even have multiplayer does it?
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Uhm.... this was posted in 2017!